Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If there is a statement this week then it won’t be positive. None of the statements have been so far and this will follow suit. I expect if there is movement it will be towards and official rejection. Not too sure whether the consortium will have any further fight to proceed after that. I think Ashley will though, he’s committed on suing the PL and will win, but it’ll be too late for this takeover.

The end is nigh. (Thank Christ)

If there is a statement this week then it won’t be positive. None of the statements have been so far and this will follow suit. I expect if there is movement it will be towards and official rejection. Not too sure whether the consortium will have any further fight to proceed after that. I think Ashley will though, he’s committed on suing the PL and will win, but it’ll be too late for this takeover.

Your a ray of sunshine this morning aren’t you ??

If that was the case, then it would seem a bit off that Reuben stepped down from QPR. If it had been rejected last week then there would be no need for him to resign?

Not saying that it’s been approved either but I think an official rejection doesn’t tie in with recent events.

Must admit I’d have preferred the wording of announcement to statement, but who genuinely knows where this is heading.

If that was the case, then it would seem a bit off that Reuben stepped down from QPR. If it had been rejected last week then there would be no need for him to resign?

Not saying that it’s been approved either but I think an official rejection doesn’t tie in with recent events.

He’s got a lot of fingers in a lot of pies. Football is just a hobby for him, it’s like stepping down from the darts committee at his local social club. It doesn’t mean he’s off to start his own team.

The Reubens interest in all this is property, that hasn’t stopped in the area because of the failed takeover.

Also suggests that the statement is coming from the club. Which can't be as positive as anyone is hoping for.

Exactly. Mimms’ itk comes from the club, the club have only released negative statements and in regards to Ashley’s interests, not the consortium. It isn’t going to be good news.

Also suggests that the statement is coming from the club. Which can't be as positive as anyone is hoping for.

Exactly. Mimms’ itk comes from the club, the club have only released negative statements and in regards to Ashley’s interests, not the consortium. It isn’t going to be good news.

You do know Man City new owners used the clubs website to announce the takeover back in 2008. Ridiculous thing to try and twist it negatively.

The statement could be anything we need to just wait and see

Why hang around in waiting to make a statement on bad news?

You do know Man City new owners used the clubs website to announce the takeover back in 2008. Ridiculous thing to try and twist it negatively

It's not man do you hand on heart expect it to be the takeover confirmed? :lol:

You do know Man City new owners used the clubs website to announce the takeover back in 2008. Ridiculous thing to try and twist it negatively.

The statement could be anything we need to just wait and see

Ridiculous?  :lol: Only thing ridiculous is saying that was ridiculous. You must have been in a coma for 2020, I’m jealous.  :lol:

Why wait for good news? If it was good news it would leak from Saudi end like it did last time when they heard they’d get approval no bother. Maybe a bit more guarded this time. Who knows. But history tells us what’s coming next, it isn’t positive.

Why wait for good news? If it was good news it would leak from Saudi end like it did last time when they heard they’d get approval no bother. Maybe a bit more guarded this time. Who knows. But history tells us what’s coming next, it isn’t positive.

No idea. Maybe its neither good news or bad news - maybe it's just an update. Maybe there won't be a statement.

You do know Man City new owners used the clubs website to announce the takeover back in 2008. Ridiculous thing to try and twist it negatively

No, but I’m saying it’s ridiculous to automatically jump to the negative. “OMG the club only give us bad news” Are these people 5 years old. That’s not how things work

I’m saying let’s not jump the gun and just wait and see. If it is bad news it’s the end for me

That’s it really. Bet your house on what you think the outcome will be. I’m guessing those saying this news will be positive and it will go through when they have their live on it would bet on it not happening. There’s no issues in being positive based on facts, but my blind hope ran out a couple of months back after a summer of looking for the positives in every crumb of info. I’m not putting myself in that position again.

Hand on heart..this won’t happen.

No idea. Maybe its neither good news or bad news - maybe it's just an update. Maybe there won't be a statement.

Probably a statement there is a sale on sports direct.

Also I love how people are only interested in taking the parts of mimms info that suit. There is still to be a meeting with all parties (today or tomorrow) what would be the point of this meeting if it’s already decided it’s bad news. Maybe the statement will be regarding the outcome of the meeting which hasn’t even been decided yet ffs :lol:

No, but I’m saying it’s ridiculous to automatically jump to the negative. “OMG the club only give us bad news” Are these people 5 years old. That’s not how things work

I’m saying let’s not jump the gun and just wait and see. If it is bad news it’s the end for me

Automatically? Fuck me you really haven’t been paying attention. Grow up man, you’re the only one acting like a child.

Automatically? Fuck me you really haven’t been paying attention. Grow up man, you’re the only one acting like a child.

You really are a miserable twat :lol: fine it’s gonna be bad news because it’s been bad news in the past. That must be how life works in your view. Fair enough. I’m glad I don’t live my life like that.

I’ll have a little optimism and hope till I’m told otherwise and if that makes me a child fair enough

You are basically doing this online version of stamping your feet. Boo hoo the club only ever tell us bad things

You really are a miserable twat :lol: fine it’s gonna be bad news because it’s been bad news in the past. That must be how life works in your view. Fair enough. I’m glad I don’t life my life like that.

U ok hun? X

Stop having a meltdown over it. Nothing you or I can do to control this. Someone wants to think it’s not happening, fine. Some thinks it will, also fine. I’ve been both sides, I just don’t see it any more. Relax, you’ll life your life better.  :lol: