Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

That red rose Michelle is having a pop at Kennedy tonight for raising hopes. She’s also insinuating that these 2 fans will just have paid for an initial letter from the QC.

Be interesting to see what happens next week. This should at least play out quickly given timescales.

May be wrong, but wasn’t that pretty much what she done all Summer with her videos etc?

We have Liam pissing on Puke.  Puke pissing on Steve.  Steve pissing on Nufc trust.  And now Shell pissing on Liam

Twitter really is just a cess pit isn't it.

Says the person referring to someone as "Puke"

Hmm, interesting first post. Maybe Edwards has a friend?  :)

A second device more like

no idea what you are on about but i've got about 7 devices, pc, laptop, work laptop, phone, work phone, ipad, work ipad etc.

That red rose Michelle is having a pop at Kennedy tonight for raising hopes. She’s also insinuating that these 2 fans will just have paid for an initial letter from the QC.

Be interesting to see what happens next week. This should at least play out quickly given timescales.

Surely QC's of that level have much bigger fish to fry than two Geordies who are pissed off at the way football is being run.

He's acting like such a condescending twat, he'll be spouting more rubbish on Wraith's podcast soon enough

Incredible that he's promoting this 'legal challenge', orchestrated by individuals behind the Worfund appeal, that was revealed very quickly as a complete scam. Hardly surprising they’re seemingly close associates of Wraith’s. All a bunch of attention-seeking, publicity-craving chancers.

The big piece he wrote on the QC was literally word for word copied from his page on his own chambers website.

We have Liam pissing on Puke.  Puke pissing on Steve.  Steve pissing on Nufc trust.  And now Shell pissing on Liam

no idea what you are on about but i've got about 7 devices, pc, laptop, work laptop, phone, work phone, ipad, work ipad etc.

Look at me, look at me, I've got about 7 devices.

Pathetic.

He's acting like such a condescending t***, he'll be spouting more rubbish on Wraith's podcast soon enough

Incredible that he's promoting this 'legal challenge', orchestrated by individuals behind the Worfund appeal, that was revealed very quickly as a complete scam. Hardly surprising they’re seemingly close associates of Wraith’s. All a bunch of attention-seeking, publicity-craving chancers.

The big piece he wrote on the QC was literally word for word copied from his page on his own chambers website.

You are bitter. Do something fun in life!

I’m sure Shell knows what she’s talking about but does she know more than a QC? Seems unlikely (assuming the QC is legit)

Agree with this undoubtedly she knows a lot more than majority of us lot, however QC’s involved lead me to think they know what their doing.

Personally think Liam Kennedy has come across well in all this, clearly has the jump on other local journos with his sources. Nice to see some good local journalism instead of the crap from the chronicle.

He's acting like such a condescending t***, he'll be spouting more rubbish on Wraith's podcast soon enough

You are bitter. Do something fun in life!

He tried some chinese food once

If it's such a  good move legally, why are 2 fans funding it and not Ashley or the consortium?

Didn't understand half the letter to be fair, though a significant portion of the other half seemed to be arguments based on widespread media reports.

Look at me, look at me, I've got about 7 devices.

Pathetic.

If they're really from Grimsby I've got a pretty good idea how they funded their device payment :lol:

She is just pissed off that she now knows fuck all and her I assume ex lad was the one that knew more about this. Also she had a pop at Kennedy he then had a pop at her so she is now having a pop back. She is now irrelevant and is trying to stay relevant that is all.

I've just read the letter. Given the apparent complexities and technicalities of competition law, it would be surprising if there wasn't any documentation within the EPL that couldn't be used as further evidence that there were breaches.

I think a lot depends on whether the consortium are seen as having the right to take things to court. I can't see the EFL relishing the prospect of that sort of scrutiny, because I'd have thought it inevitable that there were some discussions or exchanges which would be quite embarrassing.

The big six have also somewhat put their foot in it by subsequently making it clear that they are seeking the right to block potential takeovers. That ill-thought out gesture may have triggered the consortium's letter.

My concern is that, ultimately, couldn't the EPL say that they didn't turn down the takeover? They had asked for more information and the Saudis responded by not providing it and withdrawing?

If it's such a  good move legally, why are 2 fans funding it and not Ashley or the consortium?

Didn't understand half the letter to be fair, though a significant portion of the other half seemed to be arguments based on widespread media reports.

Who knows who is funding it exactly? It supposed to be the fans, but is it really?

I've just read the letter. Given the apparent complexities and technicalities of competition law, it would be surprising if there wasn't any documentation within the EPL that couldn't be used as further evidence that there were breaches.

I think a lot depends on whether the consortium are seen as having the right to take things to court. I can't see the EFL relishing the prospect of that sort of scrutiny, because I'd have thought it inevitable that there were some discussions or exchanges which would be quite embarrassing.

The big six have also somewhat put their foot in it by subsequently making it clear that they are seeking the right to block potential takeovers. That ill-thought out gesture may have triggered the consortium's letter.

My concern is that, ultimately, couldn't the EPL say that they didn't turn down the takeover? They had asked for more information and the Saudis responded by not providing it and withdrawing?

I guess in case of a court case PL have to disclose what info they where asking for, and how its relevant to this process.

Then i guess its up to the court to decide if its relevant and if so, if its sufficiently answered by PIF.

If its not relevant or the court find that its sufficiently answered, PL have to reject or accept the O&D test and move forward.

If not the ball is firmly back in PCP/PIF court.

This is at least my extremely unprofessional assessment of how it can play out.

Asking the Saudis for more information, information that they felt was asking too much is a bit like telling The Queen that we need to a credit check on her

If the courts rule that the information is necessary to the process and is according to the law that is a Saudi problem, not PL.

I hope and believe PCP/PIF and Ashley have a strong case, but there can not be one set of rules for sovereign funds and a different for private investors.

Asking the Saudis for more information, information that they felt was asking too much is a bit like telling The Queen that we need to a credit check on her

I would say it’s more like telling Henry VIII than our current queen.

Who knows who is funding it exactly? It supposed to be the fans, but is it really?

True, though not sure why anyone would look to hide that they are. Either way, fingers crossed it does what it's supposed to...

If the courts rule that the information is necessary to the process and is according to the law that is a Saudi problem, not PL.

I hope and believe PCP/PIF and Ashley have a strong case, but there can not be one set of rules for sovereign funds and a different for private investors.

They'd also look at the timeline and if (as we have been led to believe) everything was going well then all of a sudden pressure is applied leading to this information need then the anti-competition bit kicks in

The @moneymikeashley account just disappeared from Twitter...

He said he had been advised to leave Twitter until all this was over. I did quote his tweet further up the page but as you can see its invalid now.