Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

"...refrain from disclosing confidential information, you may be privvy to, in relation to the proposed takeover of Newcastle United Football Club. Failure to comply, may result in legal action against you."

Fucking horrific use of commas.  :scared:

Rumour as to why MMA had to stop.

Mouth of the Tyne

@ToonMouthTyne

·

36m

Reed Smith law firm asking those close to the takeover to...

"...refrain from disclosing confidential information, you may be privvy to, in relation to the proposed takeover of Newcastle United Football Club. Failure to comply, may result in legal action against you."

Mouth of the Tyne

@ToonMouthTyne

Replying to

@ToonMouthTyne

Final bit of info is that Reed Smith are, as expected, acting on behalf of Cantervale Limited (Staveley) and RB Sports and Media (Reubens).

Sounds like things are heating up.

That's from Burnsie and will be absolute nonsense

TBH Stiffy I don't know what to think anymore. Even if the takeover goes through I'm not sure I give a fuck about football anymore, the whole scenario has left me jaded. The outing of 'Big Picture' just compounds it even more.

In regards to Money Mike, the two accounts have legit two different profiles that do not fit with each other.

Toon Polls was a negative piece of shit who blamed those who protested, he was the guy who grassed on the people holding up the Keegan flag at the Gallowgate end which got it took down during a protest.

Money Mike spent his entire time having a go at people who didn’t protest in a passive manner. Add into that the Toon Polls account often had routine spelling and grammatical errors and the Money Mike one hardly ever did in comparison. Even the writing styles were totally different, signalling not only a change in intelligence levels, but likely age/maturity as well.

There is no way anyone could look at the two accounts and think they were written by the same person, unless that person had Dissociative identity disorder.

In terms of thinking if the takeover is close, to be honest throw a coin up in the air and calls heads of tails, you’ll have the same odds of being correct.

My honest opinion is that it will happen at some point, but I’m not sure if that moment is around the corner or not.

Daft cunt spelt privy wrong anarl. The fucking doylem.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say it's not a quote from a high-powered solicitor's 'cease and desist' letter. :lol:

Mouth of the Tyne

@ToonMouthTyne

·

36m

Mouth of the Tyne

@ToonMouthTyne

Replying to

@ToonMouthTyne

Final bit of info is that Reed Smith are, as expected, acting on behalf of Cantervale Limited (Staveley) and RB Sports and Media (Reubens).

Yep. Sick in the head, that bloke.

Mouth of the Tyne

@ToonMouthTyne

·

36m

Mouth of the Tyne

@ToonMouthTyne

Replying to

@ToonMouthTyne

Who is this Burnsie character do people know him from the match or just twitter ?

Daft cunt spelt privy wrong anarl. The fucking doylem.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say it's not a quote from a high-powered solicitor's 'cease and desist' letter. :lol:

Well the actual 'letter before action' spells Staveley's name as Staverly. I kid you not  :lol:

I can't see a logical reason as to why the PL wouldnt be in favour of a takeover if it met certain requirements. It goes completely again their interests.

The test is their own. They make up the rules. It isn't UK law. (unless i'm mistaken)

I believe that if they wanted it, they could have made it happen.

It doesn,t matter whether they want it or not,its a procedure they have not followed which is why they will get bumbed in court

oh my god a typo........burn them!

At Reed Smith, we believe that the practice of law has the power to drive progress.  We know your time is valuable and your matters are important. We are focused on outcomes, are highly collaborative, and have deep industry insight that, when coupled with our local market knowledge, allows us to anticipate and address your needs. You deserve purposeful, highly engaged client service that drives progress for your business.

And we don't give a fuck about spelling, because we're radge cunts.

Its an absolute mess like.

I still think there is and always has been serious problems with the bid that simply haven't been addressed. There is no reason for the PL to not want more investment in one of their member clubs. More money, better players, a bigger club, a better product. Its totally counter intuitive for the PL to not want the takeover. The PL answer to their shareholders and ultimately a Saudi back NUFC would improve their product. There simply has to be serious issues with the bid or bidders.

I don't buy that they're corrupt/in Qatar or the Big Sixes pocket either. For what reason? It would be cutting off their nose in spite of their face.

As for NUFC fan related social media, its packed with absolute f***ing chancers that care more about their content than the actual club. A lot of them would be happily to seriously mislead fans for a few extra subscribers or followers (I'm including journalists in that too). Mike Ashley could do whatever the f*** he likes and some of them would produce some award winning mental gymnastics to justify going to the match or buying from the club so they keep running their stupid accounts or barely listened to podcasts.

What are you on?  Have you just woke up from a 6 months coma, The Takeover, the big 6 project......Aye the Pl are Snow White. If PIF etc haven't provided what they need, then make a decision and say rejected because of x, y and z.  Don't f***ing hide behind 'no decision has been made'. 

But how do you know the decision process is even structured like that? It could be a case of 'until you provide us with proof of X, Y and Z we can't approve the takeover'. 'We'll approve it when you provide this and that'. Therefore its not a formal rejection, its a case of the PL being willing if certain requirements are met, which as of yet haven't.

Even if the approval process was on a Accept/Reject spectrum, rejecting it could terminate any legal/administrative progress that has been made up to that point. They bidders would essentially have to start the entire process at all.

I can't see a logical reason as to why the PL wouldnt be in favour of a takeover if it met certain requirements. It goes completely again their interests.

Are you on the wind up ? If you can’t see a logical reason I fucking despair.

Well howay then oracle. Explain to me why it makes any sort of business sense for the PL to block more income and growth in the league and why they haven't done it before?

An answer that consists of more than 'muh corruption' or pasting the fucking tweets of known lunatic Burnsie into the thread if possible..

oh my god a typo........burn them!

At Reed Smith, we believe that the practice of law has the power to drive progress.  We know your time is valuable and your matters are important. We are focused on outcomes, are highly collaborative, and have deep industry insight that, when coupled with our local market knowledge, allows us to anticipate and address your needs. You deserve purposeful, highly engaged client service that drives progress for your business.

But we don't give a f*** about spelling, because we're radge c***s.

What has Reed Smith's got to do with the 'letter before action' typo.  Are you getting two things mixed up?

I still think there is and always has been serious problems with the bid that simply haven't been addressed. There is no reason for the PL to not want more investment in one of their member clubs. More money, better players, a bigger club, a better product. Its totally counter intuitive for the PL to not want the takeover. The PL answer to their shareholders and ultimately a Saudi back NUFC would improve their product. There simply has to be serious issues with the bid or bidders.

I don't buy that they're corrupt/in Qatar or the Big Sixes pocket either. For what reason? It would be cutting off their nose in spite of their face.

As for NUFC fan related social media, its packed with absolute f***ing chancers that care more about their content than the actual club. A lot of them would be happily to seriously mislead fans for a few extra subscribers or followers (I'm including journalists in that too). Mike Ashley could do whatever the f*** he likes and some of them would produce some award winning mental gymnastics to justify going to the match or buying from the club so they keep running their stupid accounts or barely listened to podcasts.

What are you on?  Have you just woke up from a 6 months coma, The Takeover, the big 6 project......Aye the Pl are Snow White. If PIF etc haven't provided what they need, then make a decision and say rejected because of x, y and z.  Don't f***ing hide behind 'no decision has been made'. 

But how do you know the decision process is even structured like that? It could be a case of 'until you provide us with proof of X, Y and Z we can't approve the takeover'. 'We'll approve it when you provide this and that'. Therefore its not a formal rejection, its a case of the PL being willing if certain requirements are met, which as of yet haven't.

Even if the approval process was on a Accept/Reject spectrum, rejecting it could terminate any legal/administrative progress that has been made up to that point. They bidders would essentially have to start the entire process at all.

So the O&D test is not fit for purpose if the PL can just leave it hanging forever.  By your logic, the consortium could come back many years in the future and say, here is the answer now and so please approve us. If you can't see that the PL not making a decision is the only way theycould stop the takeover then you need to start claiming benefits for your lack of eyesight!

You're only absolutely certain about that because it fits into your narrative of the PL digging their heels.

Its more than a distinct possibility that the sovereign wealth fund trying to buy the club haven't met set specifications to pass a legitimate test and have been unwilling to co-operate further. You won't hear it though, because it's not what you want to hear.

So the O&D test is not fit for purpose if the PL can just leave it hanging forever.  By your logic, the consortium could come back many years in the future and say, here is the answer now and so please approve us. If you can't see that the PL not making a decision is the only way theycould stop the takeover then you need to start claiming benefits for your lack of eyesight!

You're only absolutely certain about that because it fits into your narrative of the PL digging their heels.

Its more than a distinct possibility that the sovereign wealth fund trying to buy the club haven't met set specifications to pass a legitimate test and have been unwilling to co-operate further. You won't hear it though, because it's not what you want to hear.

I am quite willing to hear it and would welcome it as it would provide clarity.  However, for the PL process to allow a situation where they haven't made a decision and have no intention of making a decision is quite ludicrous.    If the PL have asked for more details then it would be only natural for a response from the PL to say something like the following if PIF don't respond ' We can't continue with the O&D if you do not provide the information we ask for.  If it is not provided within X days/weeks then the PL will have no alternative to reject the takeover based on an incomplete submission'. 

To ask for more information (if indeed they have) and then leave it open for 10 + weeks and not put a deadline on a reply.........absurd!

I am quite willing to hear it and would welcome it as it would provide clarity.  However, for the PL process to allow a situation where they haven't made a decision and have no intention of making a decision is quite ludicrous.    If the PL have asked for more details then it would be only natural for a response from the PL to say something like the following if PIF don't respond ' We can't continue with the O&D if you do not provide the information we ask for.  If it is not provided within X days/weeks then the PL will have no alternative to reject the takeover based on an incomplete submission'. 

To ask for more information (if indeed they have) and then leave it open for 10 + weeks and not put a deadline on a reply.........absurd!

They have. They've already said they need certain information for the takeover to proceed to the next stage. There doesn't need to be an unnecessary arbitrary deadline on any reply and they dont need to issue a rejection. They've asked for certain information, PIF have failed or are unwilling to provide it.

“The Premier League Board has, on a number of occasions, given its opinion about which entities it believes would have control over the club should the consortium proceed with the acquisition. That opinion is based on legal advice.

“This means the potential takeover could proceed to the next stage should the relevant entities provide all appropriate information. 

What it could boil down to is whether their request is a legitimate one and within the specification of the O&D test.

They have. They've already said they need certain information for the takeover to proceed to the next stage. There doesn't need to be an unnecessary arbitrary deadline on any reply and they dont need to issue a rejection. They've asked for certain information, PIF have failed or are unwilling to provide it.

“The Premier League Board has, on a number of occasions, given its opinion about which entities it believes would have control over the club should the consortium proceed with the acquisition. That opinion is based on legal advice.

“This means the potential takeover could proceed to the next stage should the relevant entities provide all appropriate information. 

What it could boil down to is whether their request is a legitimate one and within the specification of the O&D test.

Potentially but I still think a takeover process is flawed and in my view the PL hiding behind not making a decision, they have never done that before and therefore I think, with the big 6 project, they worked to protect the status quo. 

The analogy I can give is buying a house.

You agree the price with the seller.  They (seller) appoint a solicitor and the solicitor after 6 weeks asks you 'Who is buying the house'.  You reply 'I am' and they ask for more details.  You provide that and still they come back and say 'I don't believe you, provide more details'  You reply I can't  and then it sits there for 10 weeks.  Are you telling me, as the buyer, this is an acceptable situation?  Would you not expect the solicitor to chase and then say well if you can't provide more details then you can't buy the house.  i.e make the decision

And this is why I believe the PL don't want it to happen. It appears that they are deciding who will have control of the club, rather than who the buyers are saying would. If they really wanted this deal to happen, they could simply accept what the buyers have proposed and proceed with the remainder of the test.

As for NUFC fan related social media, its packed with absolute fucking chancers that care more about their content than the actual club. A lot of them would be happily to seriously mislead fans for a few extra subscribers or followers (I'm including journalists in that too). Mike Ashley could do whatever the fuck he likes and some of them would produce some award winning mental gymnastics to justify going to the match or buying from the club so they keep running their stupid accounts or barely listened to podcasts.

Best and most accurate post on here for donkeys.