Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Anyone think we'll be under new ownership come the first game of the season?

I think there's a reasonable chance that we will. Still a lot of doubt and apprehension, but having looked a bit more into the structure of PIF in relation to the KSA I'm more confident that we'll win the arbitration than I was before. I also think it's not beyond the realms of possibility that PL will cave before the arbitration hearing in July, if they lose the CAT jurisdiction challenge.

I seem to remember that when the PL offered arbitration last summer Stavely complained that the PL would only offer arb on each point of contention rather than an all-inclusive hearing which, in itself, was a stall tactic by the PL.  If my memory serves me, that is when PIF publicly "withdrew".  PIF knew at that point that the PL wanted to drag it out as long as possible.

13 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I seem to remember that when the PL offered arbitration last summer Stavely complained that the PL would only offer arb on each point of contention rather than an all-inclusive hearing which, in itself, was a stall tactic by the PL.  If my memory serves me, that is when PIF publicly "withdrew".  PIF knew at that point that the PL wanted to drag it out as long as possible.

I haven't seen that, but someone from the consortium did say:

“The Premier League did not make a ruling. The offer of arbitration should come after a ruling. It’s an appeal process, not a decision-making process.

“The terms were unclear because there was no ruling to appeal.

“It was another tool to kick the can down the road and it felt like we were being pushed into having to walk away.”

41 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

am I missing something?  That article is from last August.

:lol: That Keith guy. Embarrassing 

Why are people still posting his shit? He’s completely out of his depth and talks bollocks. How hard is it to check a date on an article ffs

Edited by gdm

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

:lol: That Keith guy. Embarrassing 

Why are people still posting his shit? He’s completely out of his depth and talks bollocks. How hard is it to check a date on an article ffs

"He's just not internet savvy...he's just a true fan putting his money where his mouth is...etc etc" and then look the other way and continue to believe the total bullshit he spins on Twitter and on his bud Wraith's show.

If the PL were sure of their position and wanted to reject the takeover on the basis that PIF and KSA were one and the same, then why didn't they do just that? 

I dont understand where the PL's supposed confidence comes from if they were in such a strong position to reject the takeover in the first place. 

Edited by Thumbheed

Honestly this Keith guy is getting destroyed at every turn. Turns out His Saudis being offered to spurs info came off a spurs message board ffs :lol:

If you are seriously pining your hopes on info this guy tells you I’d seriously consider rethinking things. 

Keith is a fucking whopper. Latched onto by those desperate for positivity. 
Similar to that mimms who was posting second hand info on here and treat like a god by some until he was rumbled and fucked off.  Desperate people. Desperate times. 

6 minutes ago, Menace said:

You 2 get a proper hard on thinking about this failing don't you. Being right is bigger than this takeover going through or failing.

Don’t speak for me. I don’t want anything more than it to go thru. Absolutely gutting seeing wolves, Everton & spurs being linked to good managers while we are stuck with Bruce and even more gutting seeing the excitement of what Leicester and Leeds are doing. 

however I can just see what’s bullshit and what isn’t and can look at things objectively. Doesn’t mean I want the takeover to fail at all. These threads are painful, go against anything positive you get bellend comments like that 

Edited by gdm

Just now, midds said:

One of the most important life lessons you'll ever learn is knowing when to just shut the fuck up. 

I think he genuinely was trying make a positive difference but he let it all get to his head.  I think anyone with a reputation would have him at arms length.

19 minutes ago, RS said:

Keith is a fucking whopper. Latched onto by those desperate for positivity. 
Similar to that mimms who was posting second hand info on here and treat like a god by some until he was rumbled and fucked off.  Desperate people. Desperate times. 

Remember when you were absolutely certain that your ITK was right?
Halcyon days.

5 minutes ago, Robster said:

You can almost taste the smug " I told you so's " though.

Not from me. I’d rather be wrong on a message board and have a football club to care about again. 

its not even about being right or wrong anyway. If there was actual positive info I can get behind I’d back it all the way but Keith copying and pasting from a spurs msg board and posting articles from a year ago just ain’t it

Edited by gdm