Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Hhtoon said:

We need to stop using Ben and Keith as the barometer for the takeover.

It isn't going to fail because Ben is a bit more polished and slick, or because Keiths spelling is iffy. Not will it pass just because Keith is passionate and Ben made some bad life choices a decade ago.

They're both feeding off 2nd hand info or their own research and adding their opinions. 

I don’t even know who they are really, can’t be bothered to follow it. Ironic I’m now posting, I guess. 

5 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

The irony of the amount of people coming in this thread just to personally attack a few posters seems to be lost on them. Offering fuck all but insults. Not counter-arguments...just lectures on their own perception of forum etiquette. Making them look ridiculous...not the other way round. Fucking children. 

It's way more tiresome and boring than the over-optimistic few. 

Manorpark might do people's tits in...but he's been posting on here for over a fucking decade and always gave good information about the history of the club and certain eras of development. He's far from a Troll. The trolls are those coming in here being massive fucking bores. 

"Nobody knows what's going on, so your opinion makes you looks stupid!" is the mantra...yet yous do they exact same thing, just from the opposite angle. And with same tone of objectivity. And no, it's not a discussion...it's bellend behaviour that none of those people would get away with in the real world.

The forum felt light and breezy during the short time these threads were inaccessible. 

:clap:

8 hours ago, Sean said:

Yes. It's simply a case of WAITING a little more.

It's only been 3 years, 8 months of WAITING so far.

It's definitely "happening"

Here he is!

Do we really need an Arabic bullshit account like?

I'm sorry but he really is making some odd moves this ketih fella. Not doubting his intentions were good at the start, but now he is a circus.

Fell right into the Steve wraith pile unfortunately.

This whole affair is giving an insight into what it's going to be like if the takeover does go through. The media will constantly stir up shit in a bid to draw out the gobshites in our fanbase into making total tits of themselves on the internet and/or causing trouble for the Saudis themselves. The media will be actively looking for a new "Toongate". 

29 minutes ago, Wandy said:

This whole affair is giving an insight into what it's going to be like if the takeover does go through. The media will constantly stir up shit in a bid to draw out the gobshites in our fanbase into making total tits of themselves on the internet and/or causing trouble for the Saudis themselves. The media will be actively looking for a new "Toongate". 

Fear not, Wandy. I have full faith in our fans to give well reasoned political hot takes on the middern east as they pile of the Gallowgate end.

"Whey... as lang as they get a new centre haalf in like... then they gaan morder whoiver they like for me like."

Edited by Candi_Hills