Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

So have the NUST established any sort of dialogue with the Premier League? Again, this isn’t a being an arsehole type question, just interested if there actions have been of benefit.

The response would have been similar to what Ian Mearns got yesterday. As for dialogue, as per the conditions of O and D test they wouldn't be able to!

Oh I get that. I don’t expect they’re now part of the process or even that they’re being kept informed. This reason given for not releasing the letter was to establish a dialogue or something a long those lines and was wondering whether it had been of benefit to the group.

An interesting question just got asked on the #NUFCTakeover Twitter hashtag, which prompted me to ask further questions.

The original question was:

Which prompted my followup questions:

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  Especially the question, "do sides being promoted to the Premier League (from the Championship) undergo an O&D Test process before their promotion is approved by the PL?"

Is this a massive flaw (and potentially the basis for any future appeal by PIF) given the EFL equivalent of an O&D Test is much less strict?  That PIF would argue that if they had purchased NUFC when in the Championship and then won promotion to the Premier League they would not have undergone the same level of scrutiny and that, therefore, the PL's O&D Test is unreasonable?

The simple and obvious answer is no, the PL only have influence over takeovers in the PL.

If it's more complicated than that I'm sure people will let us know.

So if Pol Pot purchased Leeds, and Leeds was promoted to the Premier League then the PL O&D Test would not be applied?

The simple and obvious answer is no, the PL only have influence over takeovers in the PL.

If it's more complicated than that I'm sure people will let us know.

So if Pol Pot purchased Leeds, and Leeds was promoted to the Premier League then the PL O&D Test would not be applied?

I assume not, it's a test for takeovers and new ownership, not existing owners.

Let's face it, without the takeover we're good odds for relegation anyway.

One bad injury to ASM (Or him being hawked for profit by Ashley) and we're Bruceballing our way to the Championship.

As if they even do that :lol:

The whole thing’s a farce and they just apply it how they want. It’s clearly not even a black/white pass or fail test even if they say it is.

Dubravka is the most likely to leave, He's built up a pretty solid reputation, and has demonstrated a level of consistency that removes any doubts about his ability. He'd be a solid investment if clubs have less to splash around.

ASM is more of a risky investment. Despite his unquestioned ability, and an electric first season, he's still a bit of an enigma, and clubs might want to take another look.

The whole thing’s a farce and they just apply it how they want. It’s clearly not even a black/white pass or fail test even if they say it is.

thing is most potential takeover are simple enough, ie are you disqualified as a director committed a crime etc etc and don't involve piracy issues and geopolitical bullshit

thing is most potential takeover are simple enough, ie are you disqualified as a director committed a crime etc etc and don't involve piracy issues and geopolitical bullshit

Abramovich is Putin’s mate. The fella that orders assassinations of dissidents on UK soil using nerve and radioactive agents to induce a gruesome death. He’s totally under the influence of Putin. As if he gets tested and passes every year. Fellas even had his U.K. visa revoked cos he’s so dodgy.

Abramovich is Putin’s mate. The fella that orders assassinations of dissidents on UK soil using nerve and radioactive agents to induce a gruesome death. He’s totally under the influence of Putin. As if he gets tested and passes every year. Fellas even had his U.K. visa revoked cos he’s so dodgy.

100% right.

A guy I know through my company is a British Lawyer retained by very prominent Russians and it's common knowledge that Putin put RA where he is and he could call in Chelsea at any point if he wanted to.

It's essentially held on behalf of the Russian Government administered by RA.

Have just seen a documentary of MBS and can just say I don't want him as our owner anymore. He's really a horrible person. This is not what I want for our club anymore. Realised I didn't know too much about him before and now understand lots of protests against him. I've always thought better he owns us than any other team. Not anymore.

The club could be great with all that money, but I'd rather we be bought by someone else even if it does mean we don't get that kind of money.

Still want rid of Ashley, but what we asked for was an owner who tried his best and want the club to compete. I'd be satisfied with that.

Reject this takeover and move on to the next bidder as soon as possible.

100% right.

A guy I know through my company is a British Lawyer retained by very prominent Russians and it's common knowledge that Putin put RA where he is and he could call in Chelsea at any point if he wanted to.

It's essentially held on behalf of the Russian Government administered by RA.

So essentially the same as Al Rummyan and MBS

Have just seen a documentary of MBS and can just say I don't want him as our owner anymore. He's really a horrible person. This is not what I want for our club anymore. Realised I didn't know too much about him before and now understand lots of protests against him. I've always thought better he owns us than any other team. Not anymore.

The club could be great with all that money, but I'd rather we be bought by someone else even if it does mean we don't get that kind of money.

Still want rid of Ashley, but what we asked for was an owner who tried his best and want the club to compete. I'd be satisfied with that.

Reject this takeover and move on to the next bidder as soon as possible.

Sorry if it's already in this thread but what documentary? Is it available to stream?