Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The only thing that surprises me in all of this is that it’s taken this long.

I think Ashley has two nuclear scenarios in play here:

1. He asks for £350m compensation. This would basically mean that if he won all of the other PL clubs would each have to forego £17.5m taken from future TV income. Would 10 other clubs balk at potentially losing this sum of money? Almost certainly. They would make sure the case got dropped.

2. He manages to get the courts to agree to a more far reaching court case which looks into corruption, hypocrisy in terms of the owner structure at a number of other clubs etc. If the courts agree to these terms of reference the PL would again have to settle with Ashley to keep things quiet and that means allowing the takeover.

Guest neesy111

They would get the £17m back now from what I understand.

you keep saying this without explaining the basis for it, this is where we started :lol:

Because the PL has rejected the deal. :lol:

just say it's total and utter guesswork man, and not "from what i understand" as if you have some info that supports your conclusion

:lol: :lol:

Guest neesy111

you keep saying this without explaining the basis for it, this is where we started :lol:

It’s not even necessarily true.

If the rejection is due to the fault of the consortium, it’s likely the terms of the deal will state that MA will keep the deposit to cover his legal costs.

The only way they’d get it back is if they followed all due processes and take this all the way through to appeal.

Actually thinking about it that last point is probably true.

just say it's total and utter guesswork man, and not "from what i understand" as if you have some info that supports your conclusion

well ok then

well ok then

What a rebuttal. :lol:

well ok then

What a rebuttal. :lol:

:lol: :dontknow:

Guest neesy111

well ok then

Well if it makes you happy, then it's a figure of my imagination.

This will be the PL’s ‘we tried’ moment.

They can claim they were forced into accepting it upon appeal and look like they were backed into a corner.

It’s on, as it always has been, I await @9Shearergol[/member]’s grovelling apology for our exchange a few weeks back.

:lol:

I'm pretty certain our "exchange" was about my insistence that the PL's issue was the piracy problem. Unless that was some other clueless idiot I was debating with.

Which has unanimously been agreed by all parties in the deal to be a load of bollocks.

You have also been pretty clear the deal is completely off, which was also part of our conversations.

In that case, I apologise. Made a decision not to "fall out" with fellow fans, it's just not worth it. Hopefully everything you've said will turn out to be right and the club can have a positive future.

The only thing that surprises me in all of this is that it’s taken this long.

I think Ashley has two nuclear scenarios in play here:

1. He asks for £350m compensation. This would basically mean that if he won all of the other PL clubs would each have to forego £17.5m taken from future TV income. Would 10 other clubs balk at potentially losing this sum of money? Almost certainly. They would make sure the case got dropped.

2. He manages to get the courts to agree to a more far reaching court case which looks into corruption, hypocrisy in terms of the owner structure at a number of other clubs etc. If the courts agree to these terms of reference the PL would again have to settle with Ashley to keep things quiet and that means allowing the takeover.

I honestly think the court case would be less about the money and more about how football authorities exert too much control over football clubs, which are essentially private companies.

It will likely be the end of any sort of D&O test being enforceable, and likely the final blow for FFP.

Again, this is how I see it. It’s done for us. Ashley will try to get some money out of it. There was nothing to suggest anyone would be appealing the decision. I can’t see how people are still hopeful.

For whatever the reason, the premier league really didn’t want this to happen.

Again, this is how I see it. It’s done for us. Ashley will try to get some money out of it. There was nothing to suggest anyone would be appealing the decision. I can’t see how people are still hopeful.

For whatever the reason, the premier league really didn’t want this to happen.

I don't understand how he could get money from it though - isn't it like suing someone with no money and they just have to pay you 15p a week?

a few legal people on twitter seemed to think it’s both possible and likely but that’s the extend of my knowledge despite having a law degree 😂

It’s also absolutely painful to think on as of yesterday all parties thought it was going to be given the go ahead again and it’s been rejected. Twice we’ve been close to having a football club again and it’s been taken away from us. It’s crippling.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Edwards is so far from the mark it’s unreal :lol:

Rejecting arbitration and pursuing an appeal against the rejection are two completely different things.

I don’t trust anything Edwards says.

He’s been proven to have no inside information in regards to the takeover, and has also admitted and proven to be a WUM.

Exactly, his replies should just be littered with Henry mauriss tbh.

I'm not even arsed if he was proven correct in long run, he is a massive bellend and should be treat as such.