Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

March!  Whitleys most negative post.  Keep your chin up fella.

March isn't really that far off. I'm past time frames now anyway. If it gets done before the summer I'll be happy enough, wouldn't be surprised at all if it drags on close to then. Or just dies a death due to the PL stalling tactics finally breaking PIF interest.

Aye you cunts are rubbing off. :lol:

Note to self, must keep out of this thread.

Same. The negativity is fucking outrageous (and this is coming from a normally cynical guy).

Guest reefatoon

March isn't really that far off. I'm past time frames now anyway. If it gets done before the summer I'll be happy enough, wouldn't be surprised at all if it drags on close to then. Or just dies a death due to the PL stalling tactics finally breaking PIF interest.

This happened last July. Feel like what we are doing now is trying to get some movement somewhere, then it's a case of trying to woo them back in if the roads are a little clearer. They will probably tell us to do one when we are languishing in the bottom three thanks to the Bruce effect.

You can see where the 'negativity' comes from tbf :lol:

A year down the line, constantly being fucked over, all there is to cling to is a questionable legal battle of which nobody really knows the truth/motives, other than what we're drip fed from Kennedy and a toon fan.

Oh, and bread, we learn a lot from bread.

Honestly man, I get that it's still ongoing, but people calling others negative for having realistic opinions/making predictions based on past experience isn't right.

There is a middle ground, yes it's still being worked on which is a cause for positivity, but definitely not enough to be making imaginary timeframes/deadlines etc.

You can see where the 'negativity' comes from tbf :lol:

A year down the line, constantly being fucked over, all there is to cling to is a questionable legal battle of which nobody really knows the truth/motives, other than what we're drip fed from Kennedy and a toon fan.

Oh, and bread, we learn a lot from bread.

Honestly man, I get that it's still ongoing, but people calling others negative for having realistic opinions/making predictions based on past experience isn't right.

There is a middle ground, yes it's still being worked on which is a cause for positivity, but definitely not enough to be making imaginary timeframes/deadlines etc.

This. Moaning about any negative posts in this thread is akin to moaning about any negative posts in the Bruce thread because you want to pretend everything is going great  :lol:

Not a sole on here has any ITK on this , not one  :lol:

Why the bickering  :lol          Another takeover thread day , we all need something , anything.

I wish more people could grasp this. Nobody on Newcastle online will be privy to any inside info on a £350m deal involving Newcastle United and Saudi Arabia. Anything put on here is either attention seeking or pure guesswork.

can anyone post the athletic piece in here?

Judging from the responses on twitter there's nowt new in it. And the quotes, which sound promising, are attributed to the mystery "sources close to".

Still, I don't think Caulkin is a liar. I do believe "We'll get it done" is an honest reflection of how confident the buyers are.

I'm pretty confident that I'll win my bet with HTT here and this won't be completed on or before January 31st.

You didn’t make the bet did you?

Yes I made it.

You didn't like. You ignored it and continued to call him out.

I did. On this thread. 9th December at 8pm.

I'm pretty confident that I'll win my bet with HTT here and this won't be completed on or before January 31st.

You didn’t make the bet did you?

Yes I made it.

You didn't like. You ignored it and continued to call him out.

I did. On this thread. 9th December at 8pm.

That doesn't read like you agreed the bet.

As long as people can vouch for him then I'm more than happy to take on his bet (providing he can prove he's paid up on all the others he's lost of course).

That is £500 that the takeover will be completed by January 31st. He says it will, I say it won't.

People vouched for him that he was genuine and would pay up so as I said on December 9th, I was happy to take the bet on. He pays £500 to the foodbank if the takeover hasn't gone through by January 31st and if it did I would (have been absolutely delighted!)  to hand over £500 to the Food Bank.

500 quid says this will happen by then against 500 it won’t? Wallsendmag[/member]

Mate you must have lost a small fortune in charity bets this year. I'm not taking any more off you!

Didn’t you bottle out of a wager :lol:

Can't remember but if I did I shouldn't have, cos I would have won!

What's stopping you this time then?

Nothing at all. My only stipulation is that he shows me proof that he's paid up all the losing wagers he's had on here this season as I'm yet to see that. Once he does I'm more than happy to proceed.

This?

Guest Howaythetoon

Why the bickering  :lol          Another takeover thread day , we all need something , anything.

I wish more people could grasp this. Nobody on Newcastle online will be privy to any inside info on a £350m deal involving Newcastle United and Saudi Arabia. Anything put on here is either attention seeking or pure guesswork.

Link?

Guest Howaythetoon

As long as people can vouch for him then I'm more than happy to take on his bet (providing he can prove he's paid up on all the others he's lost of course).

That is £500 that the takeover will be completed by January 31st. He says it will, I say it won't.

People vouched for him that he was genuine and would pay up so as I said on December 9th, I was happy to take the bet on. He pays £500 to the foodbank if the takeover hasn't gone through by January 31st and if it did I would (have been absolutely delighted!)  to hand over £500 to the Food Bank.

Just seen this mate, I’m good for my word and I’ve posted proof every time I’ve donated Wallsendmag[/member]  :thup:

Just seen this mate, I’m good for my word and I’ve posted proof every time I’ve donated Wallsendmag[/member]  :thup:

I know you have pal and people vouched for you at the time that you were genuine.

Guest Howaythetoon

Link?

You happy to pay up pal? (see the post a few above this one).

Of course, but please recognise I've proved in the past all my donations to make the bet (your side of it) valid :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

I know you have pal and people vouched for you at the time that you were genuine.

Then it’s a deal and looking likely I’m out of pocket :lol:

I can honestly, hand on heart, say I'm gutted to be winning this bet even though I always expected to. At least it's to a very worthy cause.

Guest Howaythetoon

I can honestly, hand on heart, say I'm gutted to be winning this bet even though I always expected to. At least it's to a very worthy cause.

You’re a good man and like you say it’s a worthy cause, not that I’m. Out of pocket exactly as we donate that amount every January anyway...