Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Difficult to call him on the Luton job as it's his only top gig and I know nothing of the players or the club, it's not like he's managed 500 games in the PL with a long history of failure. We have a decent set of players here, if he can just get an identity in place, a set team and formation that suits those players then they will do the rest, we're not going to get a manager that will squeeze every last drop of ability out of this team with Ashley in charge so I'll settle for a manager that can at least implement a system for now.

he have sunk so far.

At this point in the season and with a takeover looming then we need to just accept whatever will get us over the line and still in the premier league, it's not Bruce that's for sure. Beggars can't be choosers, we can worry about longevity once this takeover is settled one way or the other and we know what direction we're going in.

he have sunk so far.

At this point in the season and with a takeover looming then we need to just accept whatever will get us over the line and still in the premier league, it's not Bruce that's for sure. Beggars can't be choosers, we can worry about longevity once this takeover is settled one way or the other and we know what direction we're going in.

i'd gladly take jones as head coach if it meant kicking bruce out. that's how far we've sunk.

I would give anything for some positive ITK stories right now 😒

My cousin is a fat cat in London town. Runs his own financial planning business. He told me to stick all my money on Michael Owen going to Arsenal before he signed for Newcastle and later told me that the Bin Zayed deal was definitely going through. Want me to give him a ring and find out the craic?

Sounds like exactly the same type of quotes Caulkin came out with towards the end when the buyers kept feeding him the same line about their confidence only for it to all fall apart.

Yep, it’s exactly the same. Who is benefiting from this though?

Guest reefatoon

Absolutely nowhere near a resolution this. Let’s hope our new shit coach can change all our fortunes. Weeks away from an Ashley, Bruce relegation, what a time to be alive.

Sounds like exactly the same type of quotes Caulkin came out with towards the end when the buyers kept feeding him the same line about their confidence only for it to all fall apart.

No one is benefiting, it’s a complex constantly changing process. Remember this is being driven by Ashley and his legal team, so not necessarily consortium feeding info to media.

No one is benefiting, it’s a complex constantly changing process. Remember this is being driven by Ashley and his legal team, so not necessarily consortium feeding info to media.

Kennedy has taken Caulkins place as the journalist being fed incorrect information by the Staveley camp it seems like.

Something is obviously playing out with arbitration but I do think Kennedy has gotten a bit excited at times and jumped the gun.

No other journalist has shown any interest in following his reporting path on this story which makes me sceptical.

His tweets tonight indicate any resolution is still some way off in my opinion.

Very frustrating.

What I’m querying is why journalists are even being fed this information?

The tanks are parked? f***ing fire then?

It is only one journalist tbf.

His "updates" are becoming more vague and less optimistic.

That said, until we here a definitive update regarding arbitration there is still hope (which is eroding with every passing game Bruce remains in charge).

They're filling gaps. Its what you tell someone when you dont really have anything to tell them. Doesnt mean nothing has happened, could potentially happen, will happen... It's not a Netflix series. People asking for updates of whoever they can every day or week. I dont understand what people are expecting too hear from these people.