Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Liam knows f*** all....hes playing us like a fiddle

I found it a bit silly when the NCSL bloke the other week stated a reporter (obviously Kennedy) had went shitting (my interpretation not his) himself, about an article he had wrote about Tottenham talking to PIF before us. Another reporter (obviously Edwards) had rang Kennedy to say Tottenham were coming for him in legal terms, for the article being incorrect. Kennedy was worried the NCSL bloke said that the story he published (which had been given to him by the NCSL bloke) wasn’t correct.

Think Kennedy like Caulkin before is just publishing what he’s told. At least Caulkin has learned his lesson from that and keeps mainly stun now.

We need the news to come out of KSA from the GAC about Bein being allowed to broadcast again.

Reading between the lines, if that happens then eventually a deal can be done without arbitration as that would likely drop all the legal cases like the WTO report etc and stop the piracy issues.

Bein Jacobs said it could come at some point this week, he's also surprisingly positive about it happening.

If it does then its definitely good news for us, if not, then I guess we start firing from the tanks what ever the fuck that means  :lol:

Fully expect this never happening. Kennedy was all guns blazing in December. Add that Keith chap to the same list. I brought it up when the the news first emerged but was told it had no implications or can be used as an indicator but Greane Jones joining has much more implications and indications on the club and takeover than a bread tweet by De Marco right now.

Fully expect this never happening. Kennedy was all guns blazing in December. Add that Keith chap to the same list. I brought it up when the the news first emerged but was told it had no implications or can be used as an indicator but Greane Jones joining has much more implications and indications on the club and takeover than a bread tweet by De Marco right now.

It’s a legal process now and who benefits from delays ? The legal people who will be racking up massive bills in this process. There will be delaying tactics from the PL at play, but we’ll get there in the end, it’s very much the end game now. I’ve got no doubt there’s been a push to get it done before January window closes, but if we’ve got to wait till Feb/March so be it. The appointment of Jones is a very short term attempted fix to try and avoid any big changes until it’s done.

This fast tracks without arbitration hearing if things go our way with Bein being reinstated shortly, in my opinion.

It’s a legal process now and who benefits from delays ? The legal people who will be racking up massive bills in this process. There will be delaying tactics from the PL at play, but we’ll get there in the end, it’s very much the end game now. I’ve got no doubt there’s been a push to get it done before January window closes, but if we’ve got to wait till Feb/March so be it. The appointment of Jones is a very short term attempted fix to try and avoid any big changes until it’s done.

This fast tracks without arbitration hearing if things go our way with Bein being reinstated shortly, in my opinion.

So when this still isn't done in March, what's your next time frame going to be?

Exactly. There isn't any. It's just dragging on in some people's mind. Fair enough for those who remain positive but currently what evidence we have rigjt bow is all in the opposite direction. Kudos to those who will keep going. My only interest now is to see how much worse can cabbageheed get and the amount of embarrasement he brings to himself and the club. I dream of the takeover happening though with Rafa back. But not going to put all my eggs in one basket on that.

So when this still isn't done in March, what's your next time frame going to be?

Let’s see what the state of play is in March. Barring relegation being a deal breaker, this gets done by hook or crook eventually, mark my words.

Let’s see what the state of play is in March. Barring relegation being a deal breaker, this gets done by hook or crook eventually, mark my words.

Free beer tomorrow

So what's the latest with this?

Ongoing, but with the news coming out of Barcelona about the money issues and the financial black hole in football just now it would be crazy to ignore an investment of this scale

Arbitration could go on until the end of next month. Buyers and seller both still confident. Threat of relegation won’t jeopardise the deal but if the club are relegated before it’s done, that will raise issues.

Nothing new really.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm pretty confident that I'll win my bet with HTT here and this won't be completed on or before January 31st.

You didn’t make the bet did you?

3 weeks ago, in his first public appearance, Keith NCSL said The buyers would love to have this done before the window closes but realistically we’re looking at March.

Now, at the end of January, Liam Kennedy is saying the buyers are disappointed things didn’t move as quickly as they would’ve liked.

Same take on the same situation? If yes, then it’s probably not time to pap your undies yet.