Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest reefatoon

Come on you bastards, get this takeover sorted before our merry band of cunts take us down. Need this sorted to give us time to stay up. What a fuck up this club is.

Laugh all you like. They won’t buy a club in the championship and Ashley would rather try get the club back up than dare lower his price. It’s just delusional to think otherwise

This ain’t happening anytime soon.

We are rapidly heading towards the championship.

This just ain’t happening

It would seem the current club hierarchy have no expectations for it to be done this season. Think today's developments make that abundantly clear.

Joy

Have I missed something? What are today’s developments?

I think it's more to do with this

"Given any exit for Bruce would run up a seven-figure bill and bringing in a new manager would require further funding, Ashley is reluctant to shake things up at the moment especially with the club losing millions in lost gate money and match day revenue."

I really can't see it still going on in April/May. It'll either be done or dead by then imo.

Laugh all you like. They won’t buy a club in the championship and Ashley would rather try get the club back up than dare lower his price. It’s just delusional to think otherwise

If this is the case, I wonder if the asking price gets dramatically lowered if we don’t return to the PL at the first try.

If the club stays up, we get taken over. It's as simple as that. Bruce is now the main threat to that happening.

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/news/nick-de-marco-qc-and-jason-pobjoy-feature-lawyer-hot-100/

A little reminder that DeMarco is rather good at his job and is still "acting for Newcastle United FC in relation to the club’s proposed Saudi takeover"...

I think it's more to do with this

"Given any exit for Bruce would run up a seven-figure bill and bringing in a new manager would require further funding, Ashley is reluctant to shake things up at the moment especially with the club losing millions in lost gate money and match day revenue."

I really can't see it still going on in April/May. It'll either be done or dead by then imo.

The definition of head in the sands. "Maybe if we stick our fingers in our ears and sing lalalalala it will all go away"

If the club stays up, we get taken over. It's as simple as that. Bruce is now the main threat to that happening.

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/news/nick-de-marco-qc-and-jason-pobjoy-feature-lawyer-hot-100/

A little reminder that DeMarco is rather good at his job and is still "acting for Newcastle United FC in relation to the club’s proposed Saudi takeover"...

Its really not that simple though.

We have no idea what De Marco is working in relation to, we don't know whether the reported issues blocking the takeover (Piracy and MBS as a director) are going to be resolved and we don't know the result of an arbitration, or even what the arbitration will prove.

I do agree that its imperative that we stay up this season though in order for any progress to be made.

This ain’t happening anytime soon.

We are rapidly heading towards the championship.

This just ain’t happening

:lol:

What's funny about it like? Is he completely wrong? We're certainly heading down.

Of course we are.

It's nervous laughter. I once laughed in school when a kid said his Nana died. Not a great day.

There will be a takeover though.

Once the penny drops and Ashley realises how much money he will lose with Bruce relegating us he will be gone.

He already knows this, it's literally happened to him twice already. :lol:

He just falsely believes that we'll somehow scrape 17th with a loan signing or two and that what we've seen so far is just bad luck rather than a result of rancid team management.

Once the penny drops and Ashley realises how much money he will lose with Bruce relegating us he will be gone.

He already knows this, it's literally happened to him twice already. :lol:

He just falsely believes that we'll somehow scrape 17th with a loan signing or two and that what we've seen so far is just bad luck rather than a result of rancid team management.

The thick fuck genuinely believes our seasons has been derailed because some players got covid