Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

My twisted opinion is why would Ashley appoint a new manager if the takeover is close? The new manager would need a contract that would need to be paid off by the new owners. Sacking someone who has been in the job a few weeks would not look good.

If the takeover was over/long way off, then I think Ashley would bring in a new manager to help protect the club from relegation.

As it is, I think he knows its only a few weeks away then it's not his problem anymore, so he's just putting a plaster over the wound and not stitching it.

Before it was "New year will have some good news"

Now its "We need to stay up for it to happen"

Soon it'll be "its off cause we are relegated"

What’s your point?

His point is he loves Bruce Ball and he wants it to stay.  Anyone who wants better and thus the takeover are demons and should be burnt at the stake.    They need to be cleansed from this forum so they can wank over 30% possession football and 1 shot on target1

Clearly..

My twisted opinion is why would Ashley appoint a new manager if the takeover is close? The new manager would need a contract that would need to be paid off by the new owners. Sacking someone who has been in the job a few weeks would not look good.

If the takeover was over/long way off, then I think Ashley would bring in a new manager to help protect the club from relegation.

As it is, I think he knows its only a few weeks away then it's not his problem anymore, so he's just putting a plaster over the wound and not stitching it.

Exactly, if they’d appointed Eddie Howe on a 3 year contract I’d be joining the disbelievers.

You’re terminology of a sticking plaster is spot on, it’s a very short term, cheap attempt to fix it. This won’t be Mike Ashley’s problem for much longer.

Agree entirely.That was put much better than I was trying to explain in my essay.

There is thing such as caretaker or interim manager. There is no logical reason for keeping Bruce on other than looking at Ashley’s track record of taking a gamble by sticking with the manager until it’s too late. It’s happened twice now and a 3rd with carver avoided by a final day win.

A takeover may well happen but sticking with Bruce and bringing in Jones to hold his hand has nothing to do with it. Ashley probably doesn’t want to admit defeat and that Rafa was actually over performing with what he had and his decision to appoint Bruce was as bad as the fans all said it would be

Long and short of it is Ashley is two things a gambler and Stubborn and that’s the reason he’s sticking with Bruce

Agree entirely.That was put much better than I was trying to explain in my essay.

But he’s about to pay a 6 figure compensation fee to Bournemouth for an extra coach so surely your logic is wrong ?

So they got to the stage of how to announce ?

Spoke about how to announce it, yet 8 months later we are still waiting for the useless cunts to make a decision either way, let alone announce it.

But he’s about to pay a 6 figure compensation fee to Bournemouth for an extra coach so surely your logic is wrong ?

A 6 figure compensation fee is far cheaper than sacking Bruce and appointing someone like Howe. A long term management appointment is not going to happen, if worst happens over next 3 games Jones will get the gig.

A 6 figure compensation fee is far cheaper than sacking Bruce and appointing someone like Howe. A long term management appointment is not going to happen, if worse happens over next 3 games Jones will get the gig.

Bruce has to go, however giving the job to jones in any capacity even as caretaker would be a disastrous decision.

But any manager would want at least a 2 year deal, that would be costly to pay off and definitely more than what the new coach costs.

Maybe he's had a discussion with the consortium, and all have agreed that the new coach will keep his job, but they will bring in a new manager in a few weeks once the takeover is completed.

I just think there is no way that even Ashley would bring in a new manager now if the takeover is close, it just doesn't make any sense.

If the takeover is off or months away, then it makes sense as he needs to do something to avoid relegation and protect the sale (if its still on in the distant future)

I just put myself in his shoes tbh, and my decision would be keep Bruce for a few weeks until I'm gone. Let the new owners sort it out.

A 6 figure compensation fee is far cheaper than sacking Bruce and appointing someone like Howe. A long term management appointment is not going to happen, if worse happens over next 3 games Jones will get the gig.

Bruce has to go, however giving the job to jones in any capacity even as caretaker would be a disastrous decision.

Could Jones do any worse than Bruce at this point ? Regardless of the merits of potential candidates, the fact remains a long term appointment is not happening under this current regime.

Come back to reality

Just an opinion. I’m allowed one I believe😀, although I do realise most people will disagree with it.

Hope is all we have left, I'd rather read yours and 'others' positive posts than the negative ones even though I'm probably n the (not happening) club myself I'm still desperate for it to happen.

Have to agree, he failed at Luton for crying out loud

Shouldn't be anywhere near the club, even as a coach

Could Jones do any worse than Bruce at this point ? Regardless of the merits of potential candidates, the fact remains a long term appointment is not happening under this current regime.

It's nigh on impossible to do worse than Bruce is atm, but it's very very likely that Jones would do as bad, or certainly not be an improvement enough to keep us up.

To be fair though I've seen the Brentford manager Thomas Frank mentioned on here a few times. I think from what I've seen and heard about from my mate who's a Brentford fan, he's a good manager.

Looking at his career, he's only been a professional manager since 2013, never had a top playing career. Was assistant at Brentford for 2 years before getting the top job. Won just 1 of his first 10 before turning it around. They now play nice football and again are battling it out at the top of the Championship.

People like Bruce, Hughes etc have the experience of being a top player but means absolutely sod all when it comes to management.

There's no reason to say that if Jones ended up as our manager it would go wrong, on paper he's under qualified, but honestly I think he would play better football than Bruce and would have every chance of getting better results.

To be fair though I've seen the Brentford manager Thomas Frank mentioned on here a few times. I think from what I've seen and heard about from my mate who's a Brentford fan, he's a good manager.

Looking at his career, he's only been a professional manager since 2013, never had a top playing career. Was assistant at Brentford for 2 years before getting the top job. Won just 1 of his first 10 before turning it around. They now play nice football and again are battling it out at the top of the Championship.

People like Bruce, Hughes etc have the experience of being a top player but means absolutely sod all when it comes to management.

There's no reason to say that if Jones ended up as our manager it would go wrong, on paper he's under qualified, but honestly I think he would play better football than Bruce and would have every chance of getting better results.

Out of Interest How many top international players have been successful in management over the last 30 years.Plenty abroad but can’t think of many in this country.

He was relegating Luton last season and was sacked, he ain’t an improvement on Bruce. He’s certainly not going to guarantee us staying up if he was to get the job.

He was relegating Luton last season and was sacked, he ain’t an improvement on Bruce. He’s certainly not going to guarantee us staying up if he was to get the job.

You would be an improvement on Bruce.

Not suggesting he's the answer, but I'd say he's an improvement on Bruce.

Heard on a podcast couple of weeks back (Undr the Cosh I think) a player talking about how he was driving force behind Wigan's insistence on playing out from the back, keeper's passing out despite them bottom of PL at the time.

He's been with Martinez for a while - Wigan, Everton, took him to Belgium side too. He's obviously going to have better ideas than Bruce is coming up with.

Not sure about the getting Luton relegated, would imagine quite a few managers would have wouldn't they?