Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Every time he tweets, he loses more and more credibility.

I don't know how he'd know if Caulkin had spoken to anyone, but even if he is right, it just makes him sound a bit patronising and superior.

This. He doesn’t look good from these tweets.

Quote from: Shearergol on Wednesday 27 January 2021, 04:18:25 PM

Quote from: Rocker on Wednesday 27 January 2021, 04:16:03 PM

His agent has probably advised against it, especially if there's a big discrepancy between the two figures.

Your source still hopeful of the takeover happening though?

Actually, yes but that's his personal opinion as he's no longer privy to the information.

Reads the forum as well. Wonder who it could be?  :lol:

Edit- Quote fail.  :dave:

Last week on the Charlotte show Caulkin said (paraphrasing): ‘I do have contact with Amanda although recently it’s been a lot less due to the legal confidentiality surrounding the deal.’ When I heard him say this I did get the feeling that maybe Amanda had stopped feeding him info and that this is why he’s gone quiet; not because “ he got his fingers burnt last time“. With that said, I don’t think Caulkin is a bullshitter, and I lean towards believing he had spoken with a representative of the buyers on that occasion.

As for Keith, I believe he does have regular contact with the people involved and, twitter conduct aside, is a reliable source.

Guest reefatoon

This is why we need to start winning some games to keep us safe, as this isn’t happening before the season ends. Stay up, takeover sorted then onwards and upwards next season.

Last week on the Charlotte show Caulkin said (paraphrasing): ‘I do have contact with Amanda although recently it’s been a lot less due to the legal confidentiality surrounding the deal.’ When I heard him say this I did get the feeling that maybe Amanda had stopped feeding him info and that this is why he’s gone quiet; not because “ he got his fingers burnt last time“. With that said, I don’t think Caulkin is a bullshitter, and I lean towards believing he had spoken with a representative of the buyers on that occasion.

As for Keith, I believe he does have regular contact with the people involved and, twitter conduct aside, is a reliable source.

To be honest I'm tuning out of twitter mostly.  The amount of arguments about who is the most ITK is quite frankly boring.  Its the 'Im Spartacus' moment of the takeover.    It'll happen when it happens!

Fit and proper

The obvious question is how did this get through the fit and proper persons test? Then you realsie this takeover had no chance of upsetting the applecart so there was no need for "the big 6" to get involved. Feel for Burnley mind, this doesn't look good.

Whether people rate or even trust Caulkin or Edwards, to think Keith has better sources than either of them is just bizzare.

Caulkin has been reporting on the club for over 20 years and on this particular story has had multiple sit downs with Staveley.

As for Luke, as much as he is the most egotistical, patronising pr*ck going he was the first person to call out the takeover had hit a roadblock in the summer so he clearly has some good contacts on this story too.

For someone who claims to not want the fanfare and attention, Keith certainly does his best to remain in the limelight with his constant tweeting and appearances on NUFC matters.

Good luck to him with his own case and if that has an impact then fair play. I just fail to see how he has any inside information on the club's case as the two are completely separate of each other and Ashley isn't exactly going to want DeMarco sharing information with a fan who is drip feeding people "information".

Whether people rate or even trust Caulkin or Edwards, to think Keith has better sources than either of them is just bizzare.

Caulkin has been reporting on the club for over 20 years and on this particular story has had multiple sit downs with Staveley.

As for Luke, as much as he is the most egotistical, patronising pr*ck going he was the first person to call out the takeover had hit a roadblock in the summer so he clearly has some good contacts on this story too.

For someone who claims to not want the fanfare and attention, Keith certainly does his best to remain in the limelight with his constant tweeting and appearances on NUFC matters.

Good luck to him with his own case and if that has an impact then fair play. I just fail to see how he has any inside information on the club's case as the two are completely separate of each other and Ashley isn't exactly going to want DeMarco sharing information with a fan who is drip feeding people "information".

Caulkin got just about everything wrong regarding the takeover last year, which is why he's hardly mentioned it since. Whatever people think of Keith, he's in direct contact with people involved in the deal.

Caulkin got just about everything wrong regarding the takeover last year, which is why he's hardly mentioned it since. Whatever people think of Keith, he's in direct contact with people involved in the deal.

I don't think he got everything wrong. He just repeated the buyer's confidence we after watching his Q&A last night he admits is wrong.

It cannot be denied he has contacts within the buyers camp, he has literally had multiple sit down interviews with Staveley.

What evidence is there (other than Keith's "word") that he is in direct contact with the people involved in the deal? I'm not having a pop btw, if there is evidence that he's in contact with them that I've not seen then I'd love to be pointed in the direction of it.

I agree with him that nothing is probably "imminent", but Luke would have you believe that there is zero possibility of the takeover happening in the coming weeks and months which is clearly not true. Things have changed and have changed in our favour (Bein for example).

This is the same Luke Edwards who has been embarrassing himself in recent weeks, but especially recent days, Tweeting utter nonsense about Steve Bruce. He is also a constant troll to Newcastle fans and opening admits to it. While I'm not sure on how reliable every Newcastle Consortium Supporters Tweet is, I know for a fact nothing Edwards says is worth listening to.

I agree with him that nothing is probably "imminent", but Luke would have you believe that there is zero possibility of the takeover happening in the coming weeks and months which is clearly not true. Things have changed and have changed in our favour (Bein for example).

This is the same Luke Edwards who has been embarrassing himself in recent weeks, but especially recent days, Tweeting utter nonsense about Steve Bruce. He is also a constant troll to Newcastle fans and opening admits to it. While I'm not sure on how reliable every Newcastle Consortium Supporters Tweet is, I know for a fact nothing Edwards says is worth listening to.

Luke is a troll, but he was the first to report the Willock deal and first to confirm Choudry wasn't coming so regardless of the fact  he is a wind up merchant of the highest order it is clear not everything he says is nonsense.

I do agree though that he comes across as having the viewpoint the takeover has no chance when I don't see how that can be the case give arbitration etc.

Luke is a troll, but he was the first to report the Willock deal and first to confirm Choudry wasn't coming so regardless of the fact  he is a wind up merchant of the highest order it is clear not everything he says is nonsense.

I do agree though that he comes across as having the viewpoint the takeover has no chance when I don't see how that can be the case give arbitration etc.

He can know about transfers and other things such as line-ups etc in advance no problem, he's mates with Steve Bruce so that's easy work. He hasn't got one clue about this takeover though.

It’s like Luke wants this club to be as miserable as he appears or pretends to be on Twitter. Misery keeps good company for him. If / when we get taken over he will change his tune or be covering an equally miserable club.