Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest The Little Waster

What if Masters is being blackmailed by Qatar ?

Pretty serious allegation.

Any evidence behind it or just a random thought?

Random thought . These are states we are dealing with now not just dodgy businessmen . They will stoop as low as possible and then some - especially given the circumstances of the proxy war between Qatar and Saudi .

Guest The Little Waster

The PL is not beyond being corrupted . Whos to say that Masters wasnt manouvered into his job by either the elite clubs wanting to maintain their status in perpetuity or by the Qataris ? Would explain a lot

The PL is not beyond being corrupted . Whos to say that Masters wasnt manouvered into his job by either the elite clubs wanting to maintain their status in perpetuity or by the Qataris ? Would explain a lot

It wouldnt explain why it hasn't already been rejected.

Guest reefatoon

Masters is mates with Richard Keys too, who we all know is the real baddy head honcho in all of this. The Brittle one has solved the mystery.

1035116.jpg?b64lines=V2UncmUgdGhyb3VnaCB0aGUKbG9va2luZyBnbGFzcyBoZXJlLCBwZW9wbGUu

Guest The Little Waster

It would explain why it hasnt yet been passed . At least if they knock it back after so much time the PL can say they gave it their best shot . Elsewhere in football people connected with Qatar are being accused and in some cases convicted of corruption . Think on

:lol: Love this. Gives the impression the previous 1013 pages of nonsense was based upon sound evidence.

Random thought . These are states we are dealing with now not just dodgy businessmen . They will stoop as low as possible and then some - especially given the circumstances of the proxy war between Qatar and Saudi .

It be pedantic I believe the proxy war is actually between Iran and Saudi Arabia / Shia and Sunni Islam. Qatar are caught up in it due to their ties to Iran (despite Qatar being majority Sunni).

Saudi Arabia probably have far more capacity for espionage than Qatar, hacking Jeff Bezos's phone and email account for example.

It would explain why it hasnt yet been passed . At least if they knock it back after so much time the PL can say they gave it their best shot . Elsewhere in football people connected with Qatar are being accused and in some cases convicted of corruption . Think on

But they (Qatar)are not now applying to buy a club. Just seems to me like theres been a list of hoops PIF are having to jump through re piracy and possible directors and that takes time.

Guest The Little Waster

It be pedantic I believe the proxy war is actually between Iran and Saudi Arabia / Shia and Sunni Islam. Qatar are caught up in it due to their ties to Iran (despite Qatar being majority Sunni).

Saudi Arabia probably have far more capacity for espionage than Qatar, hacking Jeff Bezos's phone and email account for example.

Yes but the Qataris got into football first the saudis are latecomers

Tbh I'm as pessimistic as anyone about this but "preparing for life without a Saudi takeover" is all they can do at this stage. It doesn't mean anything and is clickbait nonsense.

The end of the season is upon us. We can't not plan, and we can't plan for something which hasn't happened yet. Pretty fucking obvious what they have to do, which is what they are doing.

Guest The Little Waster

with apologies to J Lennon

The dream is over

What can I say?

The dream is over

Yesterday

It was real for believers

But now Its gone

We had high hopes

But now theres none

And so dear friends

You'll just have to carry on

The dream is over

But in terms of your random thought, Richard Masters doesn't make the decision the PL board do, he's just one member of that board. I think it's more likely that the PL are just unhappy with Saudi Arabia for allowing their product to be stolen, rather than there being any significant Qatari influence on the process.

Guest The Little Waster

But in terms of your random thought, Richard Masters doesn't make the decision the PL board do, he's just one member of that board. I think it's more likely that the PL are just unhappy with Saudi Arabia for allowing their product to be stolen, rather than there being any significant Qatari influence on the process.

Ok so enough of the rest of the board have been bought and paid for by Qatar( allegedly )  ... how many are there ? In fact who are they ?

Ok so enough of the rest of the board have been bought and paid for by Qatar( allegedly )  ... how many are there ? In fact who are they ?

I think these allegations of Qatar being able to corrupt anyone in world football are just disgusting. We shouldn't even suggest such a thing.

seppblatterqatar.jpg