Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest godzilla

My prediction of off by page 17 looks good then

We need the positive takeover thread to come to fruition again  :lol:

Guest awaymag
Recruitment is already underway for other teams but Newcastle have no idea what their budget will be or who will be overseeing it. The consortium held a transfer summit on Monday to discuss possible names - which seems to jar with the idea they are preparing for defeat - and on the ground, Newcastle are beginning to move on targets too.

Nice!

Guest chopey

Looks like a few negative Nancy's accounts getting deleted

If it’s Monday, yeah.

Fuck it, I'm only carrying on, onwards and upwards let's just enjoy it

Not the sudden decision it’s been made to look like in the media over here

It would seem that way...have the media here just dug up a 2 year old story then?

Not the sudden decision it’s been made to look like in the media over here

It would seem that way...have the media here just dug up a 2 year old story then?

Not exactly. I think it was enforced this week but the decision was made in 2018. It was always going to be happening. It was made out by a lot of journalists that it was a snap, unexpected decision that’s thrown everything in doubt but I’m guessing this isn’t new to the people involved in the deal.

I don’t know whether that still negativity effects our bid though. Or even if banning BeIN would make anyone involved in our bid in breach of the test as I don’t think it’s got anything to do with PIF.

It seems to be another example of another issue that shouldn’t have been dragged through this process.

I think one direction Saudi could have gone is to allow BeIn to operate and really clamp down on piracy. Seems that’s what a lot of people expected. But instead they’ve doubled down and banned the legal PL rights holder permanently.

Maybe now some sort of dodgy deal will happen for Saudi to buy some of the rights legally, but it would set a weird and possibly damaging precedent.

Guest chopey

I think its important to note that it's not just Saudi versus Qatar, Man Citys owners are also in on this.

Safe to say the truth will come after the Liverpool game. It is obviously off and has been for many many weeks. It is only political reasons now for the rejection not to come out and it might have enormous consequences for the UK.

Personally, I hope they sue the EPL and win big time. I am done after the next game if the takeover is not completed.

So my insider tells me that the reason this has been delayed is because the premier league have been planning the trophy lift/celebrations. Now that has been sorted they can crack on with the takeover.