Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Isn’t Saudi Arabia the biggest market in the MENA region? If the Saudis continue to block BeIN from broadcasting in their country then BeIN would probably want a rebate from the Premier League and if Saudi don’t bid for the next TV rights, then the package will be worth a lot less.  It is in the PL’s interest to resolve the matter seeing as they are only interested in money.

Isn’t Saudi Arabia the biggest market in the MENA region? If the Saudis continue to block BeIN from broadcasting in their country then BeIN would probably want a rebate from the Premier League and if Saudi don’t bid for the next TV rights, then the package will be worth a lot less.  It is in the PL’s interest to resolve the matter seeing as they are only interested in money.

If SA ban BeIN and arent caught pirating I wouldnt think there's much Qatar could do about it and why would they get any rebate ?

Guest Gazibaldi

Some interesting takeover craic from Jacobs.

What has any of that got to do with whether they are fit to take over our club? Al Qasabi banning Bein in SA has no bearing on the tests at all surely. If it does the shit is going to hit the fan very fucking quickly now that China have banned the PL. That Jacobs guy just likes to talk. How much of his chatter there is actually stated as being a part of the O&D test?

Guest godzilla

Final tweet confirms still questions last week, which is consistent with Douglas. Seems like this Al Qasabi character could be central to questions.

Douglas said the questions and answers completed according to the buyer side. This Jacobs (pro beIN/Qatar journalist) keeps going on about the beIN being banned, it's not part of the O&D test and that's what the remit is with regards of the takeover.

Guest godzilla

If SA ban BeIN and arent caught pirating I wouldnt think there's much Qatar could do about it and why would they get any rebate ?

Exactly

Guest godzilla

I really want to know where he's getting the info they're asking the buyers for Qasabi from. Seems like a pretty specific thing to be leaked out.

I honestly think he is just a mouthpiece for beIN/Qatar nothing more.

I really want to know where he's getting the info they're asking the buyers for Qasabi from. Seems like a pretty specific thing to be leaked out.

Didn't Douglas or GC say even the buyers are now not saying what questions they are answering from the PL?

If Jacobs is correct then it must be a leak from the PL.

Guest godzilla

Didn't Douglas or GC say even the buyers are now not saying what questions they are answering from the PL?

If Jacobs is correct then it must be a leak from the PL.

Spin from beIN/Qatar