Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

EPL just terminated their tv contract with China.

What's the relevance?

Nothing with this, it's related to payments being withheld.

The relevance is they have cancelled a 564 million pound deal. So you’d think EPL might be receptive to new money from elsewhere.

Not if it upsets their Qatari buddies

Did we already cover the fact that Ashley STILL has all of the club employees on furlough and we are the ONLY club in the Premier League doing that? He is such a c*nt.

Should never have been allowed - not a football club.

Ashley is just trying to work out what is the absolute minimum he can spend to run the club.

Big thank you to Richard masters and the premier league for guaranteeing the club remains the most pathetic of institutions.

Exactly. He told the trust it is to protect us. How idiotic.

Did we already cover the fact that Ashley STILL has all of the club employees on furlough and we are the ONLY club in the Premier League doing that? He is such a c*nt.

Remember though, the premier league are looking after our interests by not approving the Saudi consortium and making us carry on with Ashley. Thanks premier league.

Guest Cheesy Beans

What would happen if Troyes qualify for Europe?

How can you own two clubs with potential to play in the same competition ffs.

What would happen if Troyes qualify for Europe?

How can you own two clubs with potential to play in the same competition ffs.

This got discussed when City Group bought in to Girona, too.

So UEFA basically favour whichever team finishes highest in their league and bans the other team from playing in Europe. Considering how much more open Ligue 1 is outside of PSG, if they backed Troyes you could feasibly see them nab second and Man City slip to third one year. Wonder if they'd stick to their rules then...

Mental it's even allowed to reach that stage. Completely wrecks the integrity of competitions before you even reach the point that they would bother to take action.

Owning Melbourne City hasn’t done much for them - the only player they got was Aaron Mooy (who never wore a Man City shirt), while the only player from within the group that played for Melbourne City was a four match spell from David Villa.

Not much return in six years...

Guest neesy111

Could City buy us?

Nope. Although you might argue that we're hardly in the same competition as them.

I "think" they could own 29% of us though?

9.99%

People keep saying that but it’s not really true. I was always in two minds. For example i could read an article on Saudi human rights abuses,  and be thinking “fuck this is awful, I don’t want my club being used to cover this up”.

But then there would be other times, I’d be drawing up a transfer wish list.

I do think we should atleast acknowledge as many did that the whole thing was immoral, and bad for football.

I agree. We should thank our lucky stars that Mike Ashley is still in charge and at least we can watch appreciate good football being played in our wonderful league by Abu Dhabi City and Chelsea Sputnik FC.

People keep saying that but it’s not really true. I was always in two minds. For example i could read an article on Saudi human rights abuses,  and be thinking “fuck this is awful, I don’t want my club being used to cover this up”.

I do think we should atleast acknowledge as many did that the whole thing was immoral, and bad for football.

I agree. We should thank our lucky stars that Mike Ashley is still in charge and at least we can watch appreciate good football being played in our wonderful league by Abu Dhabi City and Chelsea Sputnik FC.

Why do we always have to go off the deep end? :lol:

Owning Melbourne City hasn’t done much for them - the only player they got was Aaron Mooy (who never wore a Man City shirt), while the only player from within the group that played for Melbourne City was a four match spell from David Villa.

Not much return in six years...

However they have bought a club in a country and region that is seeing an increase in popularity. If Melbourne city became successful then they could easily be the team to support in Australia. This in turn would also mean that theirs a increase in Man City becoming a team they look out for, buy merchandise from.

On top of this, the group sells advertising space for the whole group, not just teams individually. This makes it so that the City group can say that their massively inflated sponsorships deals are not just for one club, but for how many they have as a whole. It’s easier for Man City then to get around FFP rules.

Because some people just don't get it mate. This Rafalove guy was saying let's wait for a nicer owner to come along. You know...as if owners pass by every couple of hrs like a number 38 bus.

After god knows how many years of Mike Ashley, you think that’s going off the deep end? :lol: How many more years should people wait before they get a little tetchy?

Because some people just don't get it mate. This Rafalove guy was saying let's wait for a nicer owner to come along. You know...as if owners pass by every couple of hrs like a number 38 bus.

Fair enough. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention to what Rafalove may have posted previously. Just didn't understand why admitting to having reservations about such owners despite still getting excited about it equals 'woo more years of Ashley please'. But I won't delve any deeper as I feel like the forum's done well to not get in to the ol' moral compass argument for a good while and I don't want to change that. :lol: