Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I entered a team in the Premier League fantasy football called Masters of Corruption.  Team has subsequently been rejected and it won't let me submit another........

:lol: I genuinely can't believe they're petty enough to root out stuff like that. Impressive.

To be fair, that almost reads like Staveley and Reubens haven’t withdrawn :lol:

:lol: Yeah it was only PIF specifically that withdrew. But they're 80% of the funding. A takeover might still happen, but I feel like that's saying this is a continuation of Staveley's 2017 attempt. She probably does still want to get it done; she's put a fuck ton of effort in to this. But she needs to find the backing and then.. *shudders*.. get it over the line.

Reubens don't seem like they're interested in anything other than cementing their development opportunities in the region so aren't going to stump up for the controlling stake, and I feel like that was all but implied in their one and only statement since PIF withdrew. And Staveley obviously needs the financial power of other parties to make this happen or she would've done it herself already.

Deal is dead for me. Do want to know if Caulkin or any journo knew of the bid before the WSJ and how it was that they broke the news. Was it given deliberately or by accident and they printed it without realising the s*** storm it would create?

Once it was out in the public domain it was open season for all and sundry to say why it shouldn’t happen.

We’ve been done over, forget the rights and wrongs of SA, the PL made it impossible for this to get done and have been allowed to get away without explaining why. Oh yes, PIF walked away, that’s not a satisfactory explanation of what happened. No wonder we feel we’ve had our pants pulled down.

The WSJ stumbled across this story when doing a piece on the Kardashians mate, it all seemed far fetched at the time but around November Carla Di Bello, Staveley and Mehdrad Ghodoussi sealed the deal on MBS’s yacht in the Red Sea.

I believe Caulkin knew about the deal for a while, he’d frequently said in the previous months he knew of interest, however if it was leaked it would be off. The interesting next leak came from Jason Burt who said the deal was with PL, now was it the PL who leaked the deal at this point. After that Caulkin revealed all and the rest is history.

A announcement will be made soon, in the coming days.

I don’t know if it is good or bad news but something will be put out there. 

I’m not a alt, can’t give sources, vague I know but one way or the other we will hear something.

If it wasn't for the lack of a fourth sentence, I would have sworn that was Nostradamus.

I’ll accept your apology in a few days.

I'd swear there was someone else, months ago, said something very similar. Can't remember if that was you or not.

I wonder what happened to that ITK information. Hmmmm...

Rocker.

:lol:

Nah, it was someone different, a name I didn't recognise.

I'll never remember now, so much has been said since but the feel of Mimms' post was quite familiar.

I’m not a alt, can’t give sources, vague I know but one way or the other we will hear something.

Ok, I’ll play along...a statement from whom?

Chopra

Vague statement from member who has only posted twice :hmm: I shan't be getting my hopes up  :buck2:

There was definitely another member who posted something similar a couple of months ago, got very defensive when anyone challenged him/her, then disappeared when it again proved to be BS.

NUFC has been dead ever since Ashley bought it, seems to have taken lots of people a long time to realise this.

Exactly this.  I was one of those people. 30 years a season ticket holder and I only chucked it back in April last year.

I'm as desperate as anyone for this takeover to be happening but all evidence right now points to it be as dead as gary glitter's singing career.

Yep! GC saying he would like to hear from the club reads as he's waiting for the club to confirm that this is officially now over and we are to move on.

I'm sure I read that the business is conducted via the club and the PL so it would stand to reason that it's down to the club to confirm the end of the matter.

Guest neesy111

EPL just terminated their tv contract with China.

What's the relevance?

Nothing with this, it's related to payments being withheld.

Chron finally admitting the takeover is dead. At least that ends the “Takeover Latest” tag lines

The "Chronicle Headline" says that, but the article just repeats what we are saying on here - that there hasn't been any announcement/confirmation yet !!