Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I feel morally so much happier at the moment, since the takeover was called off (not dead though I hesitate to add) all those poor staff at bein sports have had their jobs saved, piracy has been crushed and Human rights abuses have been eradicated.

Who’d have know that by shafting the takeover, the world would become such a better place for so many.

I feel morally so much happier at the moment, since the takeover was called off (not dead though I hesitate to add) all those poor staff at bein sports have had their jobs saved, piracy has been crushed and Human rights abuses have been eradicated.

Who’d have know that by shafting the takeover, the world would become such a better place for so many.

:lol:

Guest reefatoon

And it leaves you feeling so much purer of the soul knowing we are now bringing players in for free instead of using that filthy disgusting wretched sportswashing money. Shuddering with cleanliness.

And it leaves you feeling so much purer of the soul knowing we are now bringing players in for free instead of using that filthy disgusting wretched sportswashing money. Shuddering with cleanliness.

Hold your horses now. One of those free players from mighty Bournemouth is still holding out on putting pen to paper. Seems the world's best players aren't as convinced about the club morally as some NUFC fans sadly. :(

You're all arguing with yourselves. Nobody thinks that at all. (well, apart from 2 or 3 people out of hundreds on here)

I think its more aimed at fans of other clubs and reporters and pundits who were against the takeover and telling us how terrible it would be.

Staveley is as bad as facilitating buying football clubs as Mike Ashley is at running one.

Sean alarm

The only people in the wrong here are EPL.  Will fans stop having a pop at Staveley.  These negative comments are just that, negative.  Amanda will be back!

Staveley is as bad as facilitating buying football clubs as Mike Ashley is at running one.

Yes, of all the billionaires lining up to buy Newcastle, she keeps picking the morally bankrupt ones to partner with.

Douglas confirms Ashley has still not withdrawn bid from PL, silence from all sources which can only be good.

Technically the deal is still alive, vindication for Manorpark, myself and others.

Good feeling to know we were right, all apologies will be accepted with good grace.

Douglas confirms Ashley has still not withdrawn bid from PL, silence from all sources which can only be good.

Technically the deal is still alive, vindication for Manorpark, myself and others.

Good feeling to know we were right, all apologies will be accepted with good grace.

Any chance that silence can mean that nothing is happening and the buyers have moved on ?

Also, believing anything that Ashley says :lol:

Don't hold your breath on the apology front !!

What we have been saying about this for ages is the most "obvious truth" in the whole takeover saga . . yet the criticism we got !!!!

Any chance that silence can mean that nothing is happening and the buyers have moved on ?

All negotiations must be conducted via club, therefore by leaving deal open with them discreet soundings can still be made between parties to seek resolution.

Will they be successful who knows, but confirmation deal is not dead.

All negotiations must be conducted via club, therefore by leaving deal open with them discreet soundings can still be made between parties to seek resolution.

I do appreciate the thinking and fair play to you if you are still able to optimistic about it all. I can't i'm afraid.

I also cannot see how it gets past the PL.

"With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and the significance of its football club, we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club.

I read this and take from it PIF and Reubens have withdrawn their interest. Therefore they have no interest in purchasing the club. If they are no longer interested in buying the club does that mean they’re not interested  in buying the club any more? 

It’s interesting that people are still interested in the withdrawn interest because the buyers are no longer interested.

I do appreciate the thinking and fair play to you if you are still able to optimistic about it all. I can't i'm afraid.

I also cannot see how it gets past the PL.

I remain cautiously optimistic, but very much of the belief things are going on behind the scenes still. Time will tell whether they can restructure this in a way to get it through.

"With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and the significance of its football club, we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club.

I read this and take from it PIF and Reubens have withdrawn their interest. Therefore they have no interest in purchasing the club. If they are no longer interested in buying the club does that mean they’re not interested  in buying the club any more? 

It’s interesting that people are still interested in the withdrawn interest because the buyers are no longer interested.

Is it just me or is this worded really badly

Sounds like" we love the city and its a huge club so we have pulled out of the deal". They could have put a "unfortunately" in there or something?