Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It is actually totally impossible for anyone to really 'think' that the Takeover is anywhere near OFF . . but it is quite frequent (and easy to do) for wind-up-merchants to routinely 'say' that they think the Takeover is off.

That is one of the main problems on this thread - people earnestly saying things they know to be untrue, just to wind sensible people up !!!

What are you on about man? :lol:

Of course people can think that it's off. They're just choosing to listen to different information to what you choose to listen to. Not everyone has to believe journalists.

Personally, I believe Ashley and AS still want the takeover to happen. I also believe that it's highly unlikely to happen, and given that it's looking like the only way it can happen is by essentially bringing down the PL I think you'll be waiting a VERY long time (if ever).

You shouting all of this "IT'S ONLY LOGICAL THAT IT'S ON" bollocks is as tedious as Sean's tyre kicker Staveley and HTT's 3pm Friday chat.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a pessimistic view tbh, I am still not getting my hopes up either for the simple reason it looks like the PL are going to fight this down to the last, presumably backed by the big 6 cartel.

That said though, there is clearly stuff happening behind the scenes, and the legal team working for NUFC appear to be very confident. PIF still seem to be hovering around as well, they haven't decided to go buy a French or Italian club and save themselves the bother. Mimms info has been good for the most part. If it's come second hand, frankly I could care less.

He did say he got it directly from a guy he knows who seemingly had a lot of interesting contacts.

Still appreciate him passing on info but it loses credibility if it was from an unknown off another forum. But we don't really know if that's the case I guess....

Maybe the guy posting on a other forum is actually Mimms as well?!

Good shout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, pretty possible to be fair. But why does he love them more and post there first??  :'(

He did say he got it directly from a guy he knows who seemingly had a lot of interesting contacts.

Still appreciate him passing on info but it loses credibility if it was from an unknown off another forum. But we don't really know if that's the case I guess....

Good shout.

Yup, pretty possible to be fair. But why does he love them more and post there first??  :'(

Have you read this thread ? :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Good shout.

Because of you cunts

It is actually totally impossible for anyone to really 'think' that the Takeover is anywhere near OFF . . but it is quite frequent (and easy to do) for wind-up-merchants to routinely 'say' that they think the Takeover is off.

That is one of the main problems on this thread - people earnestly saying things they know to be untrue, just to wind sensible people up !!!

Of course people can think that it's off. They're just choosing to listen to different information to what you choose to listen to. Not everyone has to believe journalists.

Personally, I believe Ashley and AS still want the takeover to happen. I also believe that it's highly unlikely to happen, and given that it's looking like the only way it can happen is by essentially bringing down the PL I think you'll be waiting a VERY long time (if ever).

You shouting all of this "IT'S ONLY LOGICAL THAT IT'S ON" bollocks is as tedious as Sean's tyre kicker Staveley and HTT's 3pm Friday chat.

I never believe journalists (obviously) and there is no "logical" reason to think that the Takeover is off (none at all) but I know that some people do find reasons (if 'reason' is the right word) to think like that.

MOST that do say that though are definitely on the wind-up . . as it is so illogical and really impossible to come to that conclusion using intellect and reason.

Guest Howaythetoon

Willing buyer, willing seller, willing fanbase, willing government (more so in secret trust me) and willing city. Only PL in way and we have best lawyers and momentum on side and way too much info that shows the PL have been acting illegally as per their own rules even never mind anything else. Some concessions by buying side to be made still, but all good looking for us IMO! Soon...

I never believe journalists (obviously) and there is no "logical" reason to think that the Takeover is off (none at all) but I know that some people do find reasons (if 'reason' is the right word) to think like that.

MOST that do say that though are definitely on the wind-up . . as it is so illogical and really impossible to come to that conclusion using intellect and reason.

Whilst I accept that something it still happening behind the scenes, and that this much is undeniable, I do not and will not accept that there's any kind of inevitability about the takeover eventually happening.

I've never believed it would go through, I've said that since day 1. I don't doubt the interest, but I do know that the PL and other teams won't allow it. They'll have to be forced, and that's not a formality. Obviously I'd love for it to happen, I just don't think it will.

Got a reply from my MP

Thank you very much for your email with regards to Newcastle United and the position fans find themselves in with the Premier League.

As you may know, I wrote to the Premier League back in August expressing my deep concern with the way they were treating loyal supporters by delaying their decision to either approve or reject the proposed takeover.

There’s no doubt that the way in which the Premier League has treated Newcastle United fans is totally unacceptable.

I plan to write to the Premier League on your behalf raising the concerns in your email and I will forward you a response as soon as I receive it.

I understand the importance of this matter to many football fans in my constituency and I will do my upmost to help you as much as I can.

Yours sincerely,

Kate Osborne MP

Member of Parliament for the Jarrow constituency

Guest Howaythetoon

Whilst I accept that something it still happening behind the scenes, and that this much is undeniable, I do not and will not accept that there's any kind of inevitability about the takeover eventually happening.

I've never believed it would go through, I've said that since day 1. I don't doubt the interest, but I do know that the PL and other teams won't allow it. They'll have to be forced, and that's not a formality. Obviously I'd love for it to happen, I just don't think it will.

PL right now are in a position where they want to return to all those opposing clubs/people etc. and say we did our bit so as to get out of any repercussions they might incur on them. This will prove so eventually. The PL do not need a massive legal battle which they can’t win and it will be a case of finding our who the real enemies of the PL and the status quo really are and it won’t be a Saudi NUFC...

Guest Howaythetoon

Profits across the Frasers increased this year due to business rates relief.  He's such a lucky cunt.

Will run out soon, he needs this takeover badly, it’s his only saleable asset or rather one with a willing buyer. He could put his entire retail business up for sale tomorrow and no-one would give him decent money to get out that’s how fucked up the retail high street business is. I hope once he sells NUFC and sinks his money into more failing firms and brands and a sector that is almost finished, he will soon be finished too all the same not long after and we never hear his fucking name again. The cunt!

Guest neesy111

Ah man fuck this thread. Barely read it for months and didnt post in it at all and I was better off. :lol:

It's a fucking abortion. Utter embarrassment. Should be struck off the board.

:thup:

The PL do not need a massive legal battle which they can’t win

This is the thing though, I don't think it's a battle they can't win.

"Can't" is a massive word in this context, and one that absolutely nobody can use in this situation whilst still maintaining any credibility whatsoever. Of course they can win a legal battle. They might or they might not, but they most assuredly can.

"Can't" is a massive word in this context, and one that absolutely nobody can use in this situation whilst still maintaining any credibility whatsoever. Of course they can win a legal battle. They might or they might not, but they most assuredly can.

But on what basis can they win? The only plausible way is if the buyers don't meet the current rules that the PL set in the requirements. This has already been said that they have.

The PL definitely can't pick and choose who buys clubs and who doesn't, as long as everything was done that was asked, there really isn't much they can do imo.

But on what basis can they win? The only plausible way is if the buyers don't meet the current rules that the PL set in the requirements. This has already been said that they have.

The PL definitely can't pick and choose who buys clubs and who doesn't, as long as everything was done that was asked, there really isn't much they can do imo.

Exactly and that’s where the anti competition rules will come to bite them on the arse hopefully. At face value it appears the PL have breached confidentiality rules, have allowed outside interference and not followed their own rule book.

If national journalists like Henry Winter were aware of which clubs were lobbying against it, you can bet your life there’s evidence.

As HTT has alluded to we’ll be under new ownership by the last Friday in January at 3pm.