Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

Big River

Guest neesy111

Is their particular reason how Russia are allowed in UEFA/FIFA competitions but not in Olympics etc apart from corruption?

Just now, neesy111 said:

Is their particular reason how Russia are allowed in UEFA/FIFA competitions but not in Olympics etc apart from corruption?

Doping in other sports isn't it? That's why they aren't in the Olympics

Guest neesy111
Just now, joeyt said:

Doping in other sports isn't it? That's why they aren't in the Olympics

It's a global sports ban.

It's affecting motorsport drivers who can't compete under the Russian flag.

Edited by neesy111

Guest neesy111
Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Ah is that right? Maybe it depends on the governing body's decision.

I think that's right on the global body stuff, but it shows how corrupt football is when most sports have banned them.

I feel sick still thinking about tonight. A couple of years ago a close family friend had a heart attack and died during a business meeting. I still miss his hug, his laugh, his presence. Tonight was hard. I cried during the footage, I still cry now. I don’t think I’ll sleep tonight.

1 hour ago, Foluwashola said:

I've felt sick since seeing it like. Can't believe it was shown for so long, horrible. Thank fuck he seems alreet.

It was truly awful, like. I think twice the camera zoomed in on his face through the legs whilst on the floor and he was lifeless. And the CPR was canny furious. It was horrible to see and the people in charge of bringing those images want a stern talking to. People are obviously going to continue watching through the hope of witnessing him bounce back up. To continue to show that level of desperation to those looking for hope was shameful. The zooming in. The aerial shots. His wife... The most important thing right now is that the lad is well, all things considered. But some are going to be very fucking happy they didnt televise the death of someone live on tv whilst fucking zooming in,

Really shook me having to see that, earlier. As I'm sure it did a lot of people. It wasn't right. And hopefully this will bring about some positive changes with regards to process for dealing with this kind of thing and player monitoring to avoid it. 

My father died of sudden heart failure. In my darkest hours I've thought about what it might have looked like for my uncle who was with him, as in if there were any signs or if it could have been caught sooner if he had paid more attention. I can't believe how sudden that was, and abrupt. Life is fleeting. One second we're here and in the next we're no more.

I wish I still didn't now know what sudden heart failure looked like. I'm just glad it seems Eriksen will recover. Absolutely harrowing. Kjær probably saved his life with his quick actions. 

5 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

They probably think the public want to see that sort of thing, for the "drama", that's how out of touch they are.

That’s part of the problem - the majority of the public do want to see that sort of thing.

That’s why people slow down on the motorway at the scene of crashes, or people immediately pick up their mobile phone at the scene of something nasty.

I saw an incident on Facebook recently where a chap clearly suffering from mental ill health jumped out of a window in the city centre of Leicester(?) (unfortunately fatally). People were reporting in the comments that whilst he was receiving CPR on the floor, people were stood around taking photos and videos of him.

Even on posts from local police forces about ongoing incidents, you’ll have people in the comments trying to guess or piece together what is happening/what has happened. Quite often with photos from the scene.

People feel like they have a right to know the fine detail of everything and disregard the thoughts of others in the process.

7 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Lukaku’s stats are basically a goal every other game for his whole career. Even more last season. Hasn’t ever had a spell or a club where he’s dropped much below that. 

I remember watching him at St James when he played for West Brom and he was amazing, he just looked so much bigger and better than everyone on the pitch, he was only a kid at the time as well