Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

Big River

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Glad Eriksen seems on the mend, and Lukaku is a machine. Belgium look good. 

They did didn't they, and without one or two key players and almost certain first pick 11.

Love Tielemans myself, classy player. Leicester have a superstar in the making on their hands.

Guest HTT II
Just now, George Bailey said:

They did didn't they, and without one or two key players and almost certain first pick 11.

Love Tielemans myself, classy player. Leicester have a superstar in the making on their hands.

Aye they are a good watch and I’d say Tielemans is already a superstar, great player IMO.

Guest HTT II

If England don’t/can’t win it I’d love Belgium to, one of my fave countries to have ever visited as well.

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Been looking forward to @Kasper's debrief like... 

I wasn't there. Going to the next two matches. 

Dont really know what to think. It doesnt feel like we just won our first game at a major tournament. The images of him getting cpr are stuck on my head. And the feeling of thinking that I'm right now watching him die on that pitch.

Just have to focus on the fact he's ok and I'm sure the mood will be totally different once we get to St Petersburg.

Edited by Kasper

10 minutes ago, Pata said:

We had a 0.6% chance of winning that game based on xG. :lol:

We did a pretty good job of keeping them out from dangerous positions though. Their xG was 2.05 and with 0,8 of that coming from that nonsense penalty. Not bad considering all the possession. 

Edited by Kasper

1 minute ago, Kasper said:

We did a pretty good job of keeping them out from dangerous positions though. Their xG was only 2.05 and with 0,8 of that coming from that nonsense penalty. Not bad considering all the possession. 

Yeah, we did defend well like was expected but was really disappointed how we played with the ball. The goal was one of the rare moments where we weren't too scared to actually try to pass the ball around like we can do. Hope the nerves have settled now and we can play better against Russia who looked pretty bad in the first game.

Have a great time in St. Petersburg!

33 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I wonder if this won’t be the end of his career regardless.

I don't think there's any chance he can continue at the top level. Doesn't those who survive sudden cardiac arrest get a pacemaker due to the likelyhood of it happening again? 

6 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

I don't think there's any chance he can continue at the top level. Doesn't those who survive sudden cardiac arrest get a pacemaker due to the likelyhood of it happening again? 

Only if it leads to a diagnosis, I thought? And I saw a quote earlier that said his test results have all came back perfectly fine.

No idea though, I’m sure someone much smarter than me will clarify.

Not sure how I’d feel playing again if that happened - you’d be in constant fear of a repeat.

30 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Only if it leads to a diagnosis, I thought? And I saw a quote earlier that said his test results have all came back perfectly fine.

No idea though, I’m sure someone much smarter than me will clarify.

Not sure how I’d feel playing again if that happened - you’d be in constant fear of a repeat.

“I don’t know whether he’ll ever play football again,” he added. “Without putting it too bluntly, he died today, albeit for a few minutes, but he did die and would the medical profession allow him to die again? The answer is no.

“I think a Football Association will be very strict about whether he plays again or not. In the UK he wouldn’t play. We’d be very strict about it.”

18 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

The anti vaxxers are already blaming his collapse on the vaccine forcing Inter to issue a statement to say he hadnt even had the jab, or the virus.

:uglystupid2:

Yeah, but I thought I would clarify the confusion - the thing is that the whole Inter team got vaccinated on May 31st, all players EXCEPT Eriksen who already attended boot camp in Denmark that day. 

A cardiologist was on TV earlier saying that Italian law would not allow him to play in Italy after suffering a heart attack.

Peter Schmeichel was also on and said that if Denmark didn't agree to either restart the game immediately or reschedule the remainder for 12 noon yesterday they would have had to forfeit the game with a 3-0 loss.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Sima said:

A cardiologist was on TV earlier saying that Italian law would not allow him to play in Italy after suffering a heart attack.

Peter Schmeichel was also on and said that if Denmark didn't agree to either restart the game immediately or reschedule the remainder for 12 noon yesterday they would have had to forfeit the game with a 3-0 loss.

That’s fucking absurd, UEFA need cancelled the corrupt cunts!

So according to Danish coach Kasper Hjulmand, UEFA gave the Danish and Finnish teams two options: either to play on straight away or play the rest of the game the following day at noon. As none of the players would be able to get a nights sleep after the incident they decided to play on despite their state of mind. Imo UEFA should have postponed the game for 48 hours. None of the players should have been forced to play straight after seeing their teammate lying dead on the ground. The substitution of Simon Kjaer in the second half was down to him not being in the right state of mind mentally.

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, mosstef said:

So according to Danish coach Kasper Hjulmand, UEFA gave the Danish and Finnish teams two options: either to play on straight away or play the rest of the game the following day at noon. As none of the players would be able to get a nights sleep after the incident they decided to play on despite their state of mind. Imo UEFA should have postponed the game for 48 hours. None of the players should have been forced to play straight after seeing their teammate lying dead on the ground. The substitution of Simon Kjaer in the second half was down to him not being in the right state of mind mentally.

No compassion or sense of doing what’s right by UEFA, not surprisingly. It was neither fair to both teams to play on and brings the game into disrepute. I’m just glad Eriksen is alive and hopefully he will get to play again, at any level, such a top player as well. Sadly I think that’s him finished playing now.