Jump to content

Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)


Recommended Posts

Even now knowing Eriksen is okay it's so hard to see those images of his wife. Must've been horrible and seems insane they're playing now, but fair enough to the players for going through it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Without knowing too much about anything like this would this have been an underlying issue or just random? Kinda scary when it happens to a top athlete. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Without knowing too much about anything like this would this have been an underlying issue or just random? Kinda scary when it happens to a top athlete. 

Likely genetic. 

 

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/conditions/sudden-arrhythmic-death-syndrome

 

Less chance of it being a degenerative condition like cardiomyopathy. 

 

Small chance of it being down to an electrolyte disturbance but he'd probably not be able to play football with a massively high potassium for instance. 

 

Tiny chance related to drugs(prescribed or otherwise). 

 

His whole family will undergo cardiac tests and he will get a pacemaker (defib) 

 

I'm a cardiac rehab nurse so I support people after events like this. 

 

 

Edited by La Parka

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I take it that Eriksen won't be playing professional football again? I know that will be the least of his or his family's worries right now, but just wondering what the protocol is in situations like this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TRon said:

So I take it that Eriksen won't be playing professional football again? I know that will be the least of his or his family's worries right now, but just wondering what the protocol is in situations like this?

Far too soon to be thinking about stuff like that, just be thankful he's alive

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TRon said:

So I take it that Eriksen won't be playing professional football again? I know that will be the least of his or his family's worries right now, but just wondering what the protocol is in situations like this?

If it's cardiac arrhythmia that will be him done. He will get a pacemaker with a defib that will fire if it happens again. 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2127980/amp/Fabrice-Muamba-pacemaker-fitted.html

 

 

Edited by La Parka

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TRon said:

So I take it that Eriksen won't be playing professional football again? I know that will be the least of his or his family's worries right now, but just wondering what the protocol is in situations like this?

The two cases we've had earlier (one with a footballer, one with a handball player) resulted in the persons going into coaching instead of playing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, La Parka said:

If it's cardiac arrhythmia that will be him done. He will get a pacemaker with a defib that will fire if it happens again. 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2127980/amp/Fabrice-Muamba-pacemaker-fitted.html

 

 

 

Thanks, I assumed as much. As I said, it's not really important considering the gravity of the situation, was just curious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...