PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Curious as to what people think? Would you rather PIF walked away and we take the chance of a new bidder coming in,

or continue down this PIF legal route for maybe the 6-12 months hoping for the dream takeover? 

:lol: Is PIF the "dream takeover"? Sports washing, murderous, religious persecution etc. Surely the dream takeover would be someone willing to buy us and invest the necessary amount so we look to really compete who were a little more palatable as people? I'd argue so, like.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

Curious as to what people think? Would you rather PIF walked away and we take the chance of a new bidder coming in,

or continue down this PIF legal route for maybe the 6-12 months hoping for the dream takeover? 

whatever hurts ashley the most

40 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Only if there are grounds to appeal i.e. they can make a case that the judge has made a legal error, and they are granted right to appeal on that basis. They can't just appeal because they don't like the decision. But, yes, that is possible.

It seems even Kennedy is saying it could be over.

Edited by Scoot

10 minutes ago, Scoot said:

It seems even Kennedy is saying it could be over.

I think he is just salty because he / Keith have been completely cut out of the loop, if it was ever any more than him being taken in by Keith's lies.

Edited by Jackie Broon

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Is PIF the "dream takeover"? Sports washing, murderous, religious persecution etc. Surely the dream takeover would be someone willing to buy us and invest the necessary amount so we look to really compete who were a little more palatable as people? I'd argue so, like.

For many it is. I’ve seen a lot on Twitter that the only takeover they want is the Saudis.

I agree with you tho. I really don’t want to be the next Man City of PSG and all the baggage the Saudi’s bring 

Edited by gdm

7 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

The promise of investment in the surrounding area is probably what elevates it to 'dream' level but in football terms you're totally right. I've never wanted to be Man City or PSG but it's immeasurably preferable to being Mike Ashley FC and so you make the conclusions in your head in about a microsecond. 

37 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I think he is just salty because he / Keith have been completely cut out of the loop, if it was ever any more than him being taken in by Keith's lies.

Bullshit Keith was trying to blame Ashley's legal team the other week about leaving things too late (and publicly also), so I fully expect them to be totally cut off now (if he was ever really in the loop in the first place - I very much doubt he was), as he is full on attention blabber now. Kennedy and Wraith are totally brainwashed by that Keith now and Kennedy especially has become the monkey for the organ grinder. I'll repeat what I said a few weeks ago, ignore eveyone until the legal cases have progressed.  

Edited by et tu brute

It's the fact we are being forced to have to stick with Ashley when we were on the verge of a takeover beyond our wildest dreams. Ashley and the Saudi consortium are two completely opposite ends of the scale in terms of investment, that's what sticks in my throat more than anything. 

To have that taken away from us to protect the top 6 just makes me think what is the point in football if you aren't allowed to compete. Isn't that the whole point in football?

I personally and tbh pretty awfully don't care about sportswashing. I should, with my own political views, but I'm just sick of the same Ashley owned monotonous dilge. I just want change. I'd take any new owners at this stage, obviously that may be risky but this is just boring, constantly shit and there's no hope of ever being better even though its clear that this club can be better. The ownership just don't want to be. The PIF takeover would see rejuvenation in the club and city a la Manchester City and is a dream takeover for me. The pisstaking from the Premier League, Big 6, Keith et al has just made me sick of it to the point where I barely follow it anymore, just follow the 90 minutes.

I want change and at this stage I don't care what it is.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

23 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Well seeing as there hasn't been any credible bid for the club other than shysters and tyre kickers, I'd say the alternatives to the PIF bid is very much a dream. With that in mind, I would rather stick with the reality, sports washing, horrid rights palaver and all. So yes, I'm still all in with the Saudis. Fuck the dream. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’d say the majority of the fanbase won’t give a fuck about sports washing or what MBS has or hasn’t done. So yes to many it’d be the dream takeover 

Other clubs do it and are allowed to also, so I certainly would want this takeover. I want what is best for my club to compete and imo this takeover gives us the best chance to do so. If others don't want PIF then that's their prerogative also and I respect that.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I'm not suggesting that I wouldn't accept the Saudi takeover in the form it has been communicated. It'd be very fucking far from the "dream" in my opinion, however. 

For you aye, but for many it would be the dream takeover. 

Yeah, fair. Dont debate that. Blanket calling it the dream takeover however is probably quite mis representative of the fanbase as a whole, though. I'm sure if you canvassed everyone the amount of concerns raised, ranging from small to large amongst fans, would be quite telling. Again, not saying the bulk of them wouldnt accept it at the drop of a hat atm.

Life is too short, if PIF bought us and pumped tons of money into us like City fuck it. I want to see us win trophies and league titles, I want to see up compete in the CL and have the best players. I understand there are issues with being linked to Saudi Arabia but I believe you can be totally against the abhorrent human rights abuses in SA but still celebrate the successes of a PIF owned Newcastle.  

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Yeah, fair. Dont debate that. Blanket calling it the dream takeover however is probably quite mis representative of the fanbase as a whole, though. I'm sure if you canvassed everyone the amount of concerns raised, ranging from small to large amongst fans, would be quite telling. Again, not saying the bulk of them wouldnt accept it at the drop of a hat atm.

Yeah that’s fair but I used word dream in terms of the investment in to the club. all I was really asking was would people rather they got a takeover with less investment now or hold out a year in the hope of PIF and this massive investment that potentially brings. 

14 minutes ago, Decky said:

Life is too short, if PIF bought us and pumped tons of money into us like City fuck it. I want to see us win trophies and league titles, I want to see up compete in the CL and have the best players. I understand there are issues with being linked to Saudi Arabia but I believe you can be totally against the abhorrent human rights abuses in SA but still celebrate the successes of a PIF owned Newcastle.  

Amen in general, though I'd take simply wanting my team to win before any of the bold. 

40 minutes ago, Decky said:

Got to consider as well that there will be very few potential investors like PIF come along in our lifetimes. You would expect they would go all in for a Liverpool or a Man U given half a chance. I think the idea of them going for Newcastle has massively pissed off the Big 6 wannabes, for that reason alone I consider PIF the dream. 

We could get some alternative investor in theory, but PIF means we would never be blown out of the water by the next big shot who wants to win everything. Why settle for second best? Don't we deserve top billing?