PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I've also pondered this season ending up with us as champions. Even just typing that makes me think... what the fuck am I talking about?! ?

If (yep, big 'if') we go to Arsenal and Man City and get points, we're going to start talking about it aren't we? And I think that's fine - we'll have earned the right. But then the real question is subsequent events - if all our plans are suddenly brought forwards, do we run the risk of upsetting what appears to be a real team spirit building here? 

I'm conflicted - part of me thinks that if the opportunity arises, then take it - no matter how unlikely or unexpected it is. Another part of me thinks that seeing something grow and evolve over time is also a beautiful thing. 

I guess, like the constant transfer rumour mill, I'll just deal with actual events as they happen. Our future is a blank slate whereas with Ashley, it was pretty much set in stone. I don't seriously expect us to end up as champions just yet. But we're within our rights to enjoy the ride and see how everything goes...! 

Winning anything right now would be a huge bonus, from someone just south of 50 years old and having never seen us win anything major. 

Yawn, everyone is entitled to their political preferences it’s a free country. It’s a donation from the club that they own in a deprived area and they are acknowledging that.

Some folk can’t just accept a gesture these days it’s fucking ridiculous.

Merry xmas though you miserable cunts.

Financial Fair Play prevents Newcastle from following the free-spending route taken by Chelsea and Manchester City in recent years. Sporting director Dan Ashworth has already warned the club can not afford to repeat the spending sprees of recent windows in the long-term:tobey:

Happy Christmas you lot. Roll on tomorrow :indi:

Recent comments by managers of other top clubs recognising us as a force and our rapid rise show that it was never a question of needing hundreds of billions, it was simply Ashley holding us back. We can feel vindicated but of course it will never be recognised in the media.

6 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Corrrr. Maybe I hadn’t been paying attention and deliberately trying to avoid it. But that is the first proper ‘sportswashing’ piece I’ve seen from us so far. 

I agree that it’s not great viewing, but I don’t put this down as Saudi Arabia sports washing. To me this is just the shit we will have to do now to get sponsors that pay well