PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Interesting, they're a 777 club (or were) and there was talk of PIF taking a few of their clubs off their hands recently wasn't there? Could be an easy win for them (and us) picking up a handful of clubs 777 have dropped in the shit.

PIF owning a bunch of clubs does not feel the same to me as something like United Football Group a la City. Will be interesting to see which way this goes if it ever gets going.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

PIF owning a bunch of clubs does not feel the same to me as something like United Football Group a la City. Will be interesting to see which way this goes if it ever gets going.

You’d imagine we would start coming under the Newcastle United football group. Wasn’t Staveley supposed to be involved in negotiations for some of the clubs?

Anyone watching "The Kingdom: The World's Most Powerful Prince"? Interesting watch about Saudi Arabia. 

16 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Anyone watching "The Kingdom: The World's Most Powerful Prince"? Interesting watch about Saudi Arabia. 

I watched it.

Is there a number of episodes?

I bet the pay isn't great. Saw a role at NUFC a few weeks ago that sounded similar to my current role (IT Service Management) and it was paying less, apparently the job was a piece of piss as well as "they do very little" [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I bet the pay isn't great. Saw a role at NUFC a few weeks ago that sounded similar to my current role (IT Service Management) and it was paying less, apparently the job was a piece of piss as well as "they do very little" [emoji38]

I got an enquiry come my way summer last year for the IT Manager role. 

Pay was 20k less than I'm on.  T&C's were pretty Ashley-esq too.  25 days holiday.  No paid OT.  Work every other weekend (guessing match day) for nothing too :D - 2 days in the office non-negotiable. 

Suffice to say I told them it was interesting but no thanks. 

Just now, mattypnufc said:

Pay was 20k less than I'm on.  T&C's were pretty Ashley-esq too.  25 days holiday.  No paid OT.  Work every other weekend (guessing match day) for nothing too :D - 2 days in the office non-negotiable. 

Yep, I was talking to a friend of an employee who was telling me something similar. I think they lean heavily on the fact that you're working for NUFC and that should mean something to a lot of people.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Yep, I was talking to a friend of an employee who was telling me something similar. I think they lean heavily on the fact that you're working for NUFC and that should mean something to a lot of people.

I mean yeah, but 20k PA less is a fucktonne of difference to me caring :D 

8 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

Those T&Cs seem pretty standard to me. I don't work in retail and any of the supposed shitty job types, but would love 25 days holiday and paid OT!

Don't think this will go down well...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/aug/24/newcastles-saudi-future-may-not-be-what-many-imagined-as-pressure-hits

Concerns persist that, thwarted by PSR from making the sort of eye-catching signings they would like, Newcastle are no longer the priority for the PIF, which has plenty of other sporting projects to focus on, including the Saudi Pro League, the 2034 World Cup, LIV Golf and various ventures in boxing, tennis, cricket, motorsport and esports.

As Howe returns to Bournemouth on Sunday, the mood is better than it was on Newcastle’s last visit but, in a world of sensible signings and slow growth, the danger is stagnation and the monkey’s paw warning that they might have sold their soul to become an upper-mid-table club.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

1) who said we were a priority for PIF?

2) look at who authored the piece - there may be a teeny tiny bit of bias in it

Who is he?

Just now, Scoot said:

Who is he?

Jonathan Wilson - former writer and matchdat seller of Mackem fanzine A Love Supreme

He is a genuinely good football journalist - but any opinion piece on NUFC I’d completely ignore

I don’t think we are a priority. We’re part of a portfolio of assets that are being used by a nation state to project soft power. This is evident whenever their league buys from elsewhere in the PL at vastly inflated prices.

Saudi Arabia is the priority. We’re a vehicle.

They're a massive investment fund, they're not going to prioritise one over another, and will give each the attention they think it deserves at a given time.

Another article that paints needless negativity against Newcastle for literally Jo reason. These are starting to add up. Almost like theirs agenda.

PIF have done nothing to suggest any of that article is true, they own us and they run us as a going concern, the minute the handbrake is off we will fly