PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

A week since we come out saying that we are building a new multi billion pound stadium and they put the doom feelers out. 6 weeks ago PIF increased their stake in the club and ousted owners owners who couldn’t keep up the pace of investment.

It’s just a load of guff to fill newspaper space/gain clicks. Everyone knows why we haven’t went out and bought Mbappe and fought off Real Madrid for new players.

15 minutes ago, Stifler said:

In an article last week.

You able to link to it or name the publication, if correct that’s massive and I missed it?

Edited by SAK
Spelling

4 minutes ago, SAK said:

You able to link to it or name the publication, if correct that’s massive and I missed it?

I, and repeated in the Athletic.

Not confirmed the price by the club, but by experts in the field who have been working with the club.

Been a poor transfer window so far, but that aside, I don’t see anything that would suggest anything but ambition?

Some key off the field appointments this summer, the comments from one of them talking about moving up here from Manchester because of the ambition…

PSR is a cunt, surely that bubble will burst at some point.

59 minutes ago, Stifler said:

A week since we come out saying that we are building a new multi billion pound stadium and they put the doom feelers out. 6 weeks ago PIF increased their stake in the club and ousted owners owners who couldn’t keep up the pace of investment.

It’s just a load of guff to fill newspaper space/gain clicks. Everyone knows why we haven’t went out and bought Mbappe and fought off Real Madrid for new players.

When did this happen? New stadium is surely worthy of a thread of its own?

1 hour ago, Turnbull2000 said:

I haven't read the article, but one thing is true, it is no longer possible to come into football, pour endless money into it - even if you have got it - and achieve results quickly.

47 minutes ago, brummie said:

I haven't read the article, but one thing is true, it is no longer possible to come into football, pour endless money into it - even if you have got it - and achieve results quickly.

Absolutely true - but Wilson’s take is that we’ve sold our souls for top half finishes. 

8 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

1. who the fuck takes any notice of the Guardian reporters, who are constantly reporting negative shite about us

2. who the fuck takes any notice of what that mackem pricks says 

3. I maybe wrong, but weren't you one of the ones against the Saudi takeover anyway?

“The image of the monkey’s paw derives from a 1902 short story by WW Jacobs”

Fucking hell, they don’t half lean in on their middlebrow references do they? Yes, we know, mate- it was also in a Simpsons episode. 

9 hours ago, Stifler said:

Literally in the SJP thread from last week.

Howay, man. You can't come into a thread making grand claims like that then admit there was no announcement from the club, before telling people to find the articles themselves. Terrible form. :lol:

3 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Howay, man. You can't come into a thread making grand claims like that then admit there was no announcement from the club, before telling people to find the articles themselves. Terrible form. :lol:

It was an added piece in the interview with the new COO. Maybe announced was the wrong word, maybe revealed is more apt?

21 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

There was a multi page discussion about it a couple of weeks ago in the St James' Park thread.

I see the usual desperate mackem cunts have for their usual multi page thread building up now. Even crinkly granny is commenting after a year of saying fuck all. Sad cunts 

Edited by et tu brute

On 13/08/2024 at 13:00, Stifler said:

Industry experts have told i the cost of the project will stretch into the billions. HKS, the masterminds behind the £4.8bn SoFi Stadium who held talks with Newcastle last year, told i an innovative solution to the Magpies’ problems is possible but will be expensive.

Edited by Stifler