PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

23 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Craig Hope (I know..) seeming to suggest there may be more to the exit of Staveley + Ghodoussi than just a financial necessity or calculation on their part @ 20:50

He speaks like and sounds like the Madmistake, both in actual sound/accent, but mannerisms/style of speech.

29 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Craig Hope (I know..) seeming to suggest there may be more to the exit of Staveley + Ghodoussi than just a financial necessity or calculation on their part @ 20:50

What's he keep saying we are desperate for a number 2 keeper for ? I can see in an ideal world but we have other areas to fill 

24 minutes ago, TBG said:

Are we now too valuable it will be near impossible to sell us when PIF decide to focus on the Newcastle Falcons instead?

Nah PIF will drop us in a heartbeat for being gravy stained, they’ll take the full £1bn loss and set up shop in a little hut outside the sol telling the whole of mackemdom how delewded Geordies are and that they are much more classier but as Mackems are morally superior, they won’t be investing any money into the clerb. Exile will be knighted for services to classiness. 

Edited by Joelinton7

Lovely article. I think what she’s saying is that her and Mehrdad couldn’t have delivered the success that elite people in those posts could do so they had to step aside. Whether that’s the full story or not, it’s true that there are better people to take on the roles they’ve taken on. She’s not going to talk about the financial side is she? As it potentially damages future projects for her

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

She and Mehrdad have been outstanding for the club and community and no doubt will be forever in our hearts for what they have done for the club.

“I remember walking up to St James’ and it was just immediate,” she says. “I started to get goosebumps. It was the vibrancy, seeing the town. The people were so warm and friendly and you just felt like you were at home. There was a crazy feeling of, ‘Wow, this place is special’.

This I can relate to, as my first visit to St James’ back in ‘97 had the same effect and that was when I instantly became a fan.

She’s incredibly courageous too. I have personal experience of the devastation that Huntingtons disease can have on a family and that will be a big driver for her to do what she can whilst she still can.

Sad to see them go, but understand it wasn’t meant to be for the long hall.

Much loved and will be missed

🖤🤍

What an excellent interview, she (Staveley) will go down as a legend in our history now regardless. Given her health, and from a more personal perspective my age,  I hope Newcastle win a trophy very soon to really cement this period of our history as a success. 

I hope she's watching the Southampton match from afar as I'm sure WF will do her proud. Thanks for the memories Amanda.

Called it at the time about her son and also her disease. They’ve ultimately hired people to replace themselves Full Time when going forward that would be hard for them and they have to trust those they hired to do the jobs given.

They probably realised they were too close (especially to EH & the players) which might cause conflict of interests at certain times of the season when tough decisions need to be made. Shame as it no doubt had it’s benefits also.

Wish them nothing but the best for their family and would welcome them back any time they wished to return.

It does read like they left against their will. Whether it's because they were too hands on and it 'wasn't fair', didn't have the capital to keep investing, or something else is quite ambiguous because you always have to take what people say with a pinch of salt.

It sounds very mutual and she clearly is still on great terms with PIF and Reuben’s.

The only part that is slightly contradictory is that she indicates they‘d still like to be involved in the day to day running of a club.

She seems to suggest that Yasir wanted her to be CEO, but she thought a football person was better suited in Eales.

We also have to remember that they had a rolling management contract and if we have appointed all these execs, she’s right it wouldn’t be fair for them to be interfering and taking money out of the club for no reason.

Got to say jury is out on Eales for me and Amanda should have backed herself to be the CEO and she may have still been here, her interview suggests that might be a possible regret in hindsight, though the elephant in the room is clearly the big pay out they’ll just have received for their shares before they were diluted further.

18 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It sounds very mutual and she clearly is still on great terms with PIF and Reuben’s.

The only part that is slightly contradictory is that she indicates they‘d still like to be involved in the day to day running of a club.

She seems to suggest that Yasir wanted her to be CEO, but she thought a football person was better suited in Eales.

We also have to remember that they had a rolling management contract and if we have appointed all these execs, she’s right it wouldn’t be fair for them to be interfering and taking money out of the club for no reason.

Got to say jury is out on Eales for me and Amanda should have backed herself to be the CEO and she may have still been here, her interview suggests that might be a possible regret in hindsight, though the elephant in the room is clearly the big pay out they’ll just have received for their shares before they were diluted further.

Payout aside (which was always certain) it sounds like she put the club first, knowing her skills and knowledge can only take it so far and there are people in place now who understand it all better than her. I mean if so, she's an even bigger legend.