PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

21 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Not sure if this was actually said by him but found this. 

Screenshot_20221213_085656_Facebook.jpg

Seems like the obvious, buy chelsea/manure for 3-5 bil or nufc for 305/350 mil invest another few hundred mil and they are where they/we would want to be

I would say it was said, mainly because its coherent. most of the bs that comes out make my eyes bleed

4 minutes ago, danny said:

Seems like the obvious, buy chelsea/manure for 3-5 bil or nufc for 305/350 mil invest another few hundred mil and they are where they/we would want to be

I would say it was said, mainly because its coherent. most of the bs that comes out make my eyes bleed

Seems like Man Utd are being marketed for between 6-7 billion, mind boggles why you would spend that much on a football club as an investment 

9 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Seems like Man Utd are being marketed for between 6-7 billion, mind boggles why you would spend that much on a football club as an investment 

Yeah at that price its not really an investment.  More a status symbol. 

FFS, we are still talking about PIF selling us to buy Man U? :lol:

Fuck off man, Man U's days at the top are gone. They will attract the same sort of buyers that Chelsea got, some rich American investment firm who will want to see good returns for their shareholders.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

FFS, we are still talking about PIF selling us to buy Man U? :lol:

Fuck off man, Man U's days at the top are gone. They will attract the same sort of buyers that Chelsea got, some rich American investment firm who will want to see good returns for their shareholders.

Amazon if you want to believe todays made up rumour.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Amazon if you want to believe todays made up rumour.

Yeah I'll choose not to thanks. :lol:

Why would Amazon want to tie themselves to one team when I would imagine their goal would be coverage of the Premier league generally. It would be a conflict of interests of sort surely?

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah I'll choose not to thanks. :lol:

Why would Amazon want to tie themselves to one team when I would imagine their goal would be coverage of the Premier league generally. It would be a conflict of interests of sort surely?

Yeah, same as I said when Apple were linked. It rules them out from ever showing Premier League games, and potentially Cup games ever again.

Like Apple, they would receive no benefit from taking over them that they couldn’t do with a commercial tie up.

Edited by Stifler

Did Sky not try to buy Man Utd a few years ago ? there has been rumors' of independent TV deals with each club (like a sort of season ticket) that runs alongside the main TV deal for a while now.

I have know idea how that would work but I'm sure the Americans would sort out a new broadcasting format.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Did Sky not try to buy Man Utd a few years ago ? there has been rumors' of independent TV deals with each club (like a sort of season ticket) that runs alongside the main TV deal for a while now.

I have know idea how that would work but I'm sure the Americans would sort out a new broadcasting format.

A long time ago and I’m sure it was blocked for the very reasons said about the Amazon links. It doesn’t matter in anyway, I can’t see Amazon doing it.

8 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Eh? 

Not sure how you've came to that conclusion given the turnover, or lack of, and amount PIF have had to put in just to start the ball rolling. 

I came to that conclusion because the ball is now rolling.

Anyway, it's purely hypothetical and seems incredibly unlikely to happen.

40 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

We already have every PL match live. We’re good. Sort yourselves out. :lol: 

The EFL already are in the process of selling their next round of rights without the 3pm blackout. The Premier League will follow when they sell their next round of rights.

FWIW in the US you get a portion of games on NBC's networks available on TV (Comcast, Spectrum, etc) or Cloud-based TV providers (Fubu, Youtube TV, Hulu TV, etc) and then if you pay for the Peacock service you get the balance of PL matches. 

It's easily that simple, but I'm looking forward to the pro 3pm blackout to support lower league football matchgoing etc brigade to tell me how 100% correct they are and how the above is shit. 

50 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The EFL already are in the process of selling their next round of rights without the 3pm blackout. The Premier League will follow when they sell their next round of rights.

It's not their choice the blackout is imposed by the FA and UEFA, I think they're only proposing to shift around schedules to allow them to take advantage of existing allowances for showing matches at 3pm.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

FWIW in the US you get a portion of games on NBC's networks available on TV (Comcast, Spectrum, etc) or Cloud-based TV providers (Fubu, Youtube TV, Hulu TV, etc) and then if you pay for the Peacock service you get the balance of PL matches. 

It's easily that simple, but I'm looking forward to the pro 3pm blackout to support lower league football matchgoing etc brigade to tell me how 100% correct they are and how the above is shit. 

I get Peacock free from having Comcast which allows me to get pretty much every Premier League game.

4 minutes ago, McDog said:

I get Peacock free from having Comcast which allows me to get pretty much every Premier League game.

I have YouTube TV and just pay for Peacock but all good, i think our model is fantastic for us.