PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

I'd have put money on it being Spurs.

100%, they're just going to be upset that there attempt to block the takeover has been a resounding failure, and they've stumbled backwards continually since. 

Like they say, the dildo of consequences rarely comes lubed.

Wasn’t it known that Levy was firstly towards to them, although being one of the biggest names against the takeover?

I can’t see the Man City owners being frosty, they apparently helped our owners during the takeover process.

It’s either Liverpool, or Man Utd.

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

100%, they're just going to be upset that there attempt to block the takeover has been a resounding failure, and they've stumbled backwards continually since. 

Like they say, the dildo of consequences rarely comes lubed.

Poetry 

Just had a read, great article all round. 

In terms of the identity of the exec/club, it has to be Spurs & Levy right? As others, and the article, have mentioned we have a good relationship with the new ownership at Chelsea. City are basically in the same boat in terms of ownership that we are (plus, why would they care, they're not going to drop out of the top 4). Just leaves Spurs, Man U, Liverpool, & Arsenal. Of that lot it's always Levy we have heard as being the one constantly moaning to the PL. 

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

Good article that. I actually think it's now a big eight though, rather than seven, as Villa are only going to get stronger & also have seriously wealthy owners.

Potentially true, but on the flip side I can see Spurs genuinely dropping out if Levy remains there much longer. Don't get me wrong, he is no where near Ashley, but he has a similar 'I refuse to engage in daft football spending' vibes. Like, right now we're in a phase where it takes spending 100m+ every window just to stand still. 

Find this big seven stuff a nonsense really. The sooner they shut up about it the better. Hopefully Brighton have a good season and although I dislike Villa I’d prefer for them to take a top seven place over the other “big seven”. Don’t want to be grouped together with the vile institution which is Chelsea FC

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Find this big seven stuff a nonsense really. The sooner they shut up about it the better. Hopefully Brighton have a good season and although I dislike Villa I’d prefer for them to take a top seven place over the other “big seven”. Don’t want to be grouped together with the vile institution which is Chelsea FC

Call it something else or don't call it anything but its a fact. Look at how they are tret (treated).

FWIW I think someone's missing a trick not doing a podcast that gives equal time to each game. I'm far more likely to listen to a preview of 10mins for each game as opposed to 30mins on Chelsea v Liverpool while Palace v Wolves only gets a mention if its on live and they're desperate to drum up viewing figures.

Edited by madras

Probably the most fair and balanced look at "us" since the takeover. It would be nice if ALL pundits would read that, and educate themselves. We are still FAR off the established clubs at the top-end. But we're hunting them down. 

Whoever that "exec" at another club was, what a fucking tool, man. Refusing to shake hands, I'm sure he/she is just a fantastically clean rule follower who would make Mother Teresa proud. 

Edited by Kanji

16 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Totally agree. Find any notion of a 'big anything' utterly loathsome. 

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

Probably the most fair and balanced look at "us" since the takeover. It would be nice if ALL pundits would read that, and educate themselves. We are still FAR off the established clubs at the top-end. But we're hunting them down. 

Whoever that "exec" at another club was, what a fucking tool, man. Refusing to shake hands, I'm sure he/she is just a fantastically clean rule follower who would make Mother Teresa proud. 

From Oliver Kay who's generally been writing acidic stuff about us since the takeover. I thought he was maybe trying to rebuild a few bridges with this one.

14 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

My memory is definitely not what it was but I have the vaguest recollection of reading/hearing this happened at Brighton. 

Yes, as I recall, Jamie Reuben was talking about switching seats to keep one of their directors away from Amanda Staveley. Supposedly the guy was nice as pie at the next match though.

That said, I got the picture this latest story is about another club.

21 minutes ago, TRon said:

From Oliver Kay who's generally been writing acidic stuff about us since the takeover. I thought he was maybe trying to rebuild a few bridges with this one.

Is that not Oliver Holt - who has always had it in for us, pre and post takeover.