PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Are we being slow though? Or is it because of everything going through the fair market value crap with the premier league. 

Doesn’t take 2.5 years to pass that. We are slow. And that slowness is one of the reasons why we can’t buy our way out of our current injury issues. 

Guest reefatoon
39 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Doesn’t take 2.5 years to pass that. We are slow. And that slowness is one of the reasons why we can’t buy our way out of our current injury issues. 

Think we have done quite a bit in the time tbh. We even have a hair transplant sponsorship [emoji38]

I know it isn’t quick enough for some people, but we don’t know what is happening behind the scenes and we need to make sure we are always going to get the right deal. Think we have done a great job with Sela and Adidas so far. Sometimes a little patience is needed for the best results.

For me Darren Eales comments recently, that some have interpreted as, we suddenly need to sell players right now, I feel this has helped open a minefield for the press and local idiots.

It wasn't made clear at all that we needed to sell now, it wasn't made clear we needed to sell the most valuable assets, all that was clear was, at some point you have to sell players, (not a particular player) to create headroom.

I'm not Eales biggest fan, he seems to be a bit of a joker, when I see him, I feel he comes across like he might think he's more important than he actually is, the Mackem in Milan comment, the singing with the fans at the cup final, and the shite interview misleading everyone by talking about transfers and headroom, has created a lot of unnecessary attention lately. 

Wouldn't mind seeing the back of him tbh.

21 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

For me Darren Eales comments recently, that some have interpreted as, we suddenly need to sell players right now, I feel this has helped open a minefield for the press and local idiots.

It wasn't made clear at all that we needed to sell now, it wasn't made clear we needed to sell the most valuable assets, all that was clear was, at some point you have to sell players, (not a particular player) to create headroom.

I'm not Eales biggest fan, he seems to be a bit of a joker, when I see him, I feel he comes across like he might think he's more important than he actually is, the Mackem in Milan comment, the singing with the fans at the cup final, and the shite interview misleading everyone by talking about transfers and headroom, has created a lot of unnecessary attention lately. 

He is the CEO of the club, not the kit man. He’s quite important and, by all accounts, good at his job.

10 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Think we have done quite a bit in the time tbh. We even have a hair transplant sponsorship [emoji38]

I know it isn’t quick enough for some people, but we don’t know what is happening behind the scenes and we need to make sure we are always going to get the right deal. Think we have done a great job with Sela and Adidas so far. Sometimes a little patience is needed for the best results.

Lots of fluid/organic movement going on behind the scenes constantly. We’re growing and evolving. Destination big league regulars. It will take time. They told us this from the off. Agreed, patience is key. Big wheel keeps on turning. Enjoy the show. Onwards and upwards :indi:

45 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

He's just a cringe corporate career chaser. You meet characters like him in leader positions at all large companies.

They are usually good at what they do though.

Jesus fucking christ. At times i feel our fanbase don't deserve any success. 2 years into the project and we need to point fingers. Now we start with Eales. Last week Ashworth. Who’s next?

By fanbase it’s mainly online, when in Newcastle or elsewhere talking with fans, common sense seems to prevail.

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

He's just a cringe corporate career chaser. You meet characters like him in leader positions at all large companies.

They are usually good at what they do though.

You just want someone who stays out of the limelight, and get things done in the background. 

Being judgmental, I'm going to assume from his minor playing days he still thinks he's one of the lads.

Just seems he has too much to say for himself, and Eddie keeps things low key.

He seems fine to me. Would rather have someone willing to say things in public and be judged on his words than a faceless bureaucrat skulking around in the shadows quietly screwing us over. Much harder to monitor.

13 hours ago, High Five o said:

Jesus fucking christ. At times i feel our fanbase don't deserve any success. 2 years into the project and we need to point fingers. Now we start with Eales. Last week Ashworth. Who’s next?

By fanbase it’s mainly online, when in Newcastle or elsewhere talking with fans, common sense seems to prevail.

I might get Lynched by saying this but Eales is viewed as Elite in the Corporate world in which he operates.

We are in fact quite lucky to have him.

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That's interesting. I'd been wondering about this given the massive gulf in wealth of our various owners and the need to continue adding capital. 

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Do the value of the shares stay the same as the purchase price off Mike Ashley? Or go up as the value of the club has increased?

I might be wrong but I think the value of the shares remains the same, but further shares will continuously be issued to raise capital

21 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

That's interesting. I'd been wondering about this given the massive gulf in wealth of our various owners and the need to continue adding capital. 

I'd much rather have 6% of NUFC right now than 10% of it at the time of the takeover

She's already mentioned that there was a possibility her shares could be diluted. She is going to come out well from it whatever happens and rightly so. 

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

She's already mentioned that there was a possibility her shares could be diluted. She is going to come out well from it whatever happens and rightly so. 

Yep.  There was never any chance she’d be able to keep pace with PIF’s ability to invest.  If she’s diluted to 1% it won’t be likely that she’s losing anything (though 10% holding in stock normally does have lots of additional benefits, rules and regs, I can’t imagine that that would have any sway at NUFC.  She has a management contract with PIF)

On 19/01/2024 at 22:00, huss9 said:

dont mind a stadium sponsor at all.

will always be SJP to the fans.

and that is exactly why naming rights for existing grounds never bring big money.

I think it is one of those things where clubs which have a historically named ground work out that the balance between money it brings in, versus the lack of stickability in the media, and the grief they get for it from the fans, just make it not worth it.

43 minutes ago, brummie said:

and that is exactly why naming rights for existing grounds never bring big money.

I think it is one of those things where clubs which have a historically named ground work out that the balance between money it brings in, versus the lack of stickability in the media, and the grief they get for it from the fans, just make it not worth it.

Barca Stadium

As for the Camp Nou’s new moniker, naming rights deals and the like for European soccer stadiums are rare compared to competitions such as Major League Soccer (MLS), not to mention other North American sports leagues. According to US-based consultancy firm Duff & Phelps, English soccer champions Manchester City rake in UK£21.9 million (US$28.8 million) a year from their stadium sponsor agreement with airline Etihad.

image.thumb.png.f0f8f1dd7eb2299d63085e3e46d8fbbf.png