PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The response to this from many on twitter & facebook from a lot of our support has been properly depressing. Basically saying if you can't afford a £74 ticket then don't bother entering the ballot. Sad to say that NUFC's fanbase now has a significant amount of absolute wankers within it.

We saw that with the CL packages a month and a bit ago and its the same again. "Can't afford it, don't go" and "it'll help with FFP". Odious. 

10 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The response to this from many on twitter & facebook from a lot of our support has been properly depressing. Basically saying if you can't afford a £74 ticket then don't bother entering the ballot. Sad to say that NUFC's fanbase now has a significant amount of absolute wankers within it.

Aye, and you’re having to deal with twats coming out with shite like this as well. 

Aye sure pay hundreds for a hotel and flight when you don’t have a ticket. That makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

Aye, and you’re having to deal with twats coming out with shite like this as well. 

Aye sure pay hundreds for a hotel and flight when you don’t have a ticket. That makes sense. 

It's just the usual "I'm a better fan than you" bullshit playing out in a new way. Football fans are really just cunts aren't they? 

19 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Despite some tongue in cheek remarks the last few days. I’m honestly worried with the total lack of understanding the Club has had towards ticketing this season.

It’s clear as day the route they want to go down. When people lapped up a CL ticket package at £165 a head - it should have raised alarm bells. Man Utd fans kicked off massively with that. Because we finished 4th? Crack on! But for how long?

If people don’t stand up to this nonsense now, it’ll only get worse and worse and worse. I can’t remember which member on here was moved from the Gallowgate Club - but that too was an alarm bell. 

The club is bringing in a more corporate structure and is slowly pricing out the average working fan. Just imagine if Wor Flags were to do a German demonstration complaining about the price of tickets? How would that affect ‘the brand’ the club has tried to create. 

:icon_salut:

And I have to admit, because my ST was in the dirt I took their hand off on a CL "season ticket" because that's all I could seemingly get.

Shoehorned me right into a corner and got me paying a fair whack for what, 3/4 games?

Smart on their part and desperate from me.

And there will be more people like me, who will likely over stretch themselves to see their team.

We need to expand or rebuild if this level of demand persists like. And there is no reason to suggest it won't if we take them at their word, which we've done before to devastating effects.

I'm not saying it makes it right, but aren't our tickets relatively "cheap" compared to other clubs?

We lambast the previous ownership for tanking revenue, and again I'm not saying it makes it right, but increasing tickets has always felt a matter of time. 

No surprise at the contemptuous shit-guzzlers within the support. There's absolutely zero chance of there being a collective opposition sufficient enough in size to affect any sort of change. It'll be entirely down to lobbyists like the Trust and other vocal groups/individuals.

See the years 2014-2019 for evidence. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

No surprise at the contemptuous shit-guzzlers within the support. There's absolutely zero chance of there being a collective opposition sufficient enough in size to affect any sort of change. It'll be entirely down to lobbyists like the Trust and other vocal groups/individuals.

See the years 2014-2019 for evidence. 

Yep, the same shithouses who are gloating today will be the same who castigated the fans who walked away in protest in 2019.

You can just sense that these cunts are quietly enjoying the fact that some people will be priced out of games, as it will make them feel superior as a fan. Grim as fuck, quite frankly, and makes you wonder if the game today is worth following. What's the point, if the people you are rubbing shoulders with are just complete ballsacks?

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

I'm not saying it makes it right, but aren't our tickets relatively "cheap" compared to other clubs?

We lambast the previous ownership for tanking revenue, and again I'm not saying it makes it right, but increasing tickets has always felt a matter of time. 

They are cheaper yeah.

Like I've said elsewhere, I can make peace (begrudgingly) with that fact as I'd hope it's to help push the club on.

Problem I'm finding is that its still a bit of a shitshow behind the scenes with very little clarity when you do get a response.

Perhaps an extreme side of this whole shambles, but Liverpool fans in 2016 walked out of a game on the 77th minute in protest at some general admission tickets becoming 77 quid. LFC relented as a result and reduced the prices. Even now I believe the most expensive general admission ticket at Liverpool is ~£60.

Not a chance our lot even remotely consider doing something similar, it'll just be letters from NUST asking for clarity (and I have nothing against NUST, do think those like Greg do their absolute best). For arguments sake, a 74th minute walkout for 74 quid would never be entertained. It'd shouted down and be seen as negatively impacting the club/team. So many are just servile as fuck especially now as seen going into bat for price increases and random seat allocation. Its so disheartening.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

28 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Born in '87 and as far back as I can remember it always has had a significant amount of absolute wankers within it.

As we saw with that Hollie lass, you’re not a true supporter if you don’t go either by choice or chance, or can’t afford to go to games, until all of a sudden they can’t go and then it’s the club in the wrong.

Imagine for a second you want to go on holiday and you wanted to book a flight with British Airways. They then say yep, great, but we’ll put you in a ballot for seats. You want to take your young child with you and you wanted an aisle seat for easy access. 

You’re successful, you got your ticket. But wait it’s Business Class or First Class. You’d kick off with BA wouldn’t you? Just because it’s your football club doesn’t make it any less deplorable. 

I might be able to afford it, for now. I couldn’t do that every game. I can guarantee poorer sections of the support are now totally priced out. It’s sickening. 

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Imagine for a second you want to go on holiday and you wanted to book a flight with British Airways. They then say yep, great, but we’ll put you in a ballot for seats. You want to take your young child with you and you wanted an aisle seat for easy access. 

You’re successful, you got your ticket. But wait it’s Business Class or First Class. You’d kick off with BA wouldn’t you? Just because it’s your football club doesn’t make it any less deplorable. 

I might be able to afford it, for now. I couldn’t do that every game. I can guarantee poorer sections of the support are now totally priced out. It’s sickening. 

Let them eat sheikh? 

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Perhaps an extreme side of this whole shambles, but Liverpool fans in 2016 walked out of a game on the 77th minute in protest at some general admission tickets becoming 77 quid. LFC relented as a result and reduced the prices. Even now I believe the most expensive general admission ticket at Liverpool is ~£60.

Not a chance out lot even remotely consider doing something similar, it'll just be letters from NUST asking for clarity (and I have nothing against NUST, do think those like Greg do their absolute best). For arguments sake, a 74th minute walkout for 74 quid would never be entertained, shouted down and be seen as negatively impacting the club/team. So many are just servile as fuck especially now as seen going into bat for price increases and random seat allocation. Its so disheartening.

Also a lot of the people going to games now are season ticket holders who never jacked it in when they wanted Ashley out and even pushed others to walk out and didn’t do it themselves. They have their tickets, they won’t walk out, and if others do, that’s great because that means they can snap up the extra tickets for their ‘mates’ who for whatever reason are excluded for not being a real fan despite not going.

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Is this for the season or could Liverpool at home be £55 to £105 or something mental? I'm guessing this is another thing they haven't clarified? :lol: 

Probably, given Villa is not a category A game. That'd be one heck of a price increase; I sat in the Platinum Club for Liverpool (H) last season as I was too far back in the queue to get my usual place in the East Stand. It was £67.

Given Villa (H) looks like it'll be £74 there, Liverpool this season could genuinely be £90+.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Probably, given Villa is not a category A game. That'd be one heck of a price increase; I sat in the Platinum Club for Liverpool (H) last season as I was too far back in the queue to get my usual place in the East Stand. It was £67.

Given Villa (H) looks like it'll be £74 there, Liverpool this season could genuinely be £90+.

Join the ballot and potentially pay a ton or more for a ticket would be absolutely crazy. 

I feel like all the kicking off about ticket process is a bit people wanting to have their cake and eat it. People want us to compete for trophies. FFP is the major barrier to that. Which means we need to increase revenue. Which in turn means everything (especiallly tickets) will go up in price. Everything has a cost, and this is the price of success. 

3 minutes ago, stozo said:

I feel like all the kicking off about ticket process is a bit people wanting to have their cake and eat it. People want us to compete for trophies. FFP is the major barrier to that. Which means we need to increase revenue. Which in turn means everything (especiallly tickets) will go up in price. Everything has a cost, and this is the price of success. 

I wonder what the reaction would be if ST holders were put into a ballot for their seats and were told you had to pay £2000 for a Platinum Club seat?

If 85,000 memberships is true. The club has made around £3m for it. About £2m more than last season. In the terms of FFP it is frankly peanuts…

Edited by TheGuv

24 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Also a lot of the people going to games now are season ticket holders who never jacked it in when they wanted Ashley out and even pushed others to walk out and didn’t do it themselves. They have their tickets, they won’t walk out, and if others do, that’s great because that means they can snap up the extra tickets for their ‘mates’ who for whatever reason are excluded for not being a real fan despite not going.

I have asked this again and again about the Trust and True Faith? I was wholly disengaged at the time, but am I right in thinking they encouraged others to get rid of their season tickets while keeping hold of their own? And promised consultation with the club and new owners about loyalty points that they were quite obviously in no way placed to guarantee? Almost have to admire the moxie really.

1 minute ago, stozo said:

It is inevitable that ticket prices will go up and that corporate options will increase.

What is wrong is that you can't set a maximum price when you enter the ballot.

The club know they can sell the tickets ten times over so they’ve little incentive to treat people fairly - other than bad PR perhaps. 

Arsenal operate a similar system apparently. They may have just looked at what other clubs do and copied/pasted. 

I don’t see why it would be so difficult for them to add a ‘category select function’, so people who only want the cheaper tickets can specify so when they enter the ballot. 

I reckon they will do something to be fair, they’ve responded to criticism pretty well up til now?

Edited by NUFC_Chris

4 minutes ago, stozo said:

People also don't factor in rising cost of salaries as higher calibre players come in. We are soon going to be shelling out 200k/week to our better players, that's got to come from somewhere as well.

And yes, ticket prices are obscene, but so are those wages. It's an awful situation, because the alternative is to run the club Ashley style, keep the costs lower, pay less to players, and you get to watch awful football for the privelege.