PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 hours ago, TRon said:

From Oliver Kay who's generally been writing acidic stuff about us since the takeover. I thought he was maybe trying to rebuild a few bridges with this one.

You're getting your Olivers mixed up

Kay is sound

Hoult deserves the death penalty

Found this fascinating from masters. 

The Athletic: I know you say the Premier League did not have knowledge of the FBI investigation. But we do not know what he knew. Is there not a curiosity around whether he moved the ownership for that reason?

Masters: “He is no longer a director of a club and has no controlling interest. Therefore he is outside the scope of Premier League rules.”

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Who's he talking about?

He’s talking about Joe Lewis and his FBI investigation. 

it’s interesting because he’s basically admitting that if you put enough so called layers between individual and ownership there is nothing he can do. 

which explains why MBS escaped scrutiny and also by proxy why our deal was held up not because of this but because of Piracy (we an assume a gentleman’s agreement between ourselves and the premier league, notice the premier league always brushes off our ownership questions). 

Edited by r0cafella

Such BS that comment from Masters. There will be some sort of trust or partnership stricture where a third party nominally directs investment oversight but everyone knows who is really pulling the strings. 

Edited by Matt

I mean we benefit from it lol but the fit and proper ownership test is a joke. What isn't talked about anywhere near enough is it's failings further down the pyramid where dodgy owners running clubs into the ground is depressingly common

"Moments" got me like.  Sounds like something that Jake Humphrey would come out with, the total bore.

Soz Eddie.  I still love you.

Edited by Sima

That's a good quote from Eales and where were at for me. Same deal as Keegan's second season in the PL, a much loved season but we did drop back after over-achieving the previous year in league placing but were still growing and getting stronger

I’ve no intel to suggest this is the case, but I’m convinced it’ll be the HMRC site in Longbenton. It just makes sense since it’s right next door to the existing ground and it’s closing in a few years.

6 minutes ago, christ said:

I’ve no intel to suggest this is the case, but I’m convinced it’ll be the HMRC site in Longbenton. It just makes sense since it’s right next door to the existing ground and it’s closing in a few years.

That’ll be houses nailed on.

5 minutes ago, christ said:

Possibly.

I bet this government can’t wait to dispose of the land. I do however think that land should be used for housing, and a local councillor has suggested that the Freeman hospital should move there.

15 hours ago, Sima said:

"Moments" got me like.  Sounds like something that Jake Humphrey would come out with, the total bore.

Soz Eddie.  I still love you.

He talks about moments a lot. And he was very much on the same page as Humphrey himself if you listen to that podcast he did with him.