PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

21 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

we are 17th in the latest money league rankings, Frankfurt having double our commercial revenue blew me away. 

we’ve still got so much to do. 

We’re miles away at present.  It’s why I couldn’t get over excited about how improved we were doing commercially - a team of first year marketing students could have increased Ashley’s commercials at NUFC.

Given the disparity in incomes between the NE and the rest of the country (particularly London), I don’t think we’re getting to where we want to go at SJP.  We would need a 70k ground with shitloads of corporate to compete long term, plus commercials on everything. 

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

We’re rich!

We always were until latter-day Ashley.  We’ve been on the Deloitte Rich List more times than all but 12 clubs despite that fucker.  A few more times than Man City.  

Edited by TheBrownBottle

This was 22-23, with champions league and Sela I imagine it will jump again for 23-24, then the Adidas deal and more commercials should see us tick up again in 24-25 despite lack of CL footie next season. It’s going to take time to pull ourselves up with revenue streams but going in right direction. 

21 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

This is what we're up against: https://en.psg.fr/fans/official-stores

Stores in London, NYC (on 5th Avenue), LA, Vegas, Miami, Toronto, Tokyo (x3), Doha, Seoul, and more.

The first time I walked past the store on Oxford St (or wherever it is in the West End) I actually laughed out loud. Had no idea. Now I see the ads everywhere on the Tube.

Broken Britain.

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We always were rich, until latter-day Ashley.  We’ve been on the Deloitte Rich List more times than all but 12 clubs despite that fucker.  A few more times than Man City.  

Yes indeed, for example in 1998 . . . 

Rich List - Newcastle United 5th Richest in World.jpg

17 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

The first time I walked past the store on Oxford St (or wherever it is in the West End) I actually laughed out loud. Had no idea. Now I see the ads everywhere on the Tube.

Broken Britain.

In all fairness I think it’s the only place in the U.K. that you could get away with it. Lots of tourists, in an area where no club has claimed territory etc.

I don’t think it would last long elsewhere in the U.K., even Manchester. Well maybe Belfast aside as they have Liverpool, Man Utd, Celtic, and Rangers club stores, and have no real big club of their own.

49 minutes ago, Stifler said:

In all fairness I think it’s the only place in the U.K. that you could get away with it. Lots of tourists, in an area where no club has claimed territory etc.

I don’t think it would last long elsewhere in the U.K., even Manchester. Well maybe Belfast aside as they have Liverpool, Man Utd, Celtic, and Rangers club stores, and have no real big club of their own.

Don’t think it will last long here tbh. 

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

Yes indeed, for example in 1998 . . . 

Rich List - Newcastle United 5th Richest in World.jpg

Yet we're being told we have to thank Ashley for his frugality as it has allowed us to spend. Clueless.

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Presumably they have a way to make a profit on Isak? As of this summer hes still £40m on our books and cant think too many clubs have the money to pay more than what we paid right now let alone what we would actually want to make it even semi worthwhile

We’re not selling Isak for anything less than £100m 

23 minutes ago, duo said:

Yet we're being told we have to thank Ashley for his frugality as it has allowed us to spend. Clueless.

Anyone who says that has no idea what they are talking about.

28 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Presumably they have a way to make a profit on Isak? As of this summer hes still £40m on our books and cant think too many clubs have the money to pay more than what we paid right now let alone what we would actually want to make it even semi worthwhile

Not happening unless he has a specific clause in place. Bruno, Botman will go before him because he’s the hardest position to replace and seems to be tracking to 20+ goals a season now.

5 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Not happening unless he has a specific clause in place. Bruno, Botman will go before him because he’s the hardest position to replace and seems to be tracking to 20+ goals a season now.

Exactly this, he will be a 20+ striker as soon as we have a player to replace him at the 60/70 minute mark consistently in games, that’s the biggest problem with Wilson, he’s not happy as a backup or 30min player and his teddy comes out of the pram, but his body won’t allow him to do any more. 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Exactly this, he will be a 20+ striker as soon as we have a player to replace him at the 60/70 minute mark consistently in games, that’s the biggest problem with Wilson, he’s not happy as a backup or 30min player and his teddy comes out of the pram, but his body won’t allow him to do any more. 

He’s basically a good candidate for a non-European football club. Gets his full of minutes, someone like a Palace would be ideal.

48 minutes ago, duo said:

Yay thank you so much for not spending any money for three years so our new owners could use it, Mr Ashley.

Any chance we could make use of the previous ten years unused budget, too? No? That's not fair play? Okay. Makes sense. 

22 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Sorry my sarcasm at the bbc article got lost

13 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Birmingham have just got a stadium sponsor 10m per year :lol:

It's also the training ground, entertainment zone, and dependent on whatever the hell these performance bonuses are based on:

• The club’s Wast Hills training ground will be renamed The Knighthead Training and Academy Grounds. A new fan ‘entertainment zone’ @ Knighthead Park, will be built, situated on club-owned land close to the Tilton and Main Stand at the Stadium.
  • The deal is based on an annual sponsorship fee, a Men’s First Team performance-related bonus and a Club wide social media performance-related bonus which could deliver £6,241,666.67 for the remainder of the season and £9,450,000 for the 2024/25 season.
  • Knighthead will also receive physical and digital branding rights across the stadium, training grounds and all club-owned channel

4 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

It's also the training ground, entertainment zone, and dependent on whatever the hell these performance bonuses are based on:

• The club’s Wast Hills training ground will be renamed The Knighthead Training and Academy Grounds. A new fan ‘entertainment zone’ @ Knighthead Park, will be built, situated on club-owned land close to the Tilton and Main Stand at the Stadium.
  • The deal is based on an annual sponsorship fee, a Men’s First Team performance-related bonus and a Club wide social media performance-related bonus which could deliver £6,241,666.67 for the remainder of the season and £9,450,000 for the 2024/25 season.
  • Knighthead will also receive physical and digital branding rights across the stadium, training grounds and all club-owned channel

It’s more than we’re bringing in, even if the structure is opaque.  No reason that we couldn’t shove Brum’s deal down the PL’s throat. 

4 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Surprised we haven’t absolutely gone to town on the club owned channel and digital content side of things. Seems such an easy money maker across the globe.