PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

30 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

So what's to stop the PL and the other teams arguing that this is our 'market value"?

Comparing the clubs fanbase, plus TV showings and viewing figures to other clubs and their sponsorship deals.   The other clubs can argue whatever they want, but the argument that past deals have to be a firm guide for future deals would hold no water at all.

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

So what's to stop the PL and the other teams arguing that this is our 'market value"?

It's an idiotic argument to begin with as "market value" is quite clearly abstract. If I had a company and I thought it would give me value for my money to spend £100 mill on advertising at St. James' Park, that's the market value. What else is market value than what someone is willing to pay for something?

Genuine question btw :lol: 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Surely they’ll just keep banning it until they make up new permanent rules. Otherwise what was the point of a temporary ban? 

We already threatened them with legal action over this. It’s very difficult for them to keep doing it indefinitely with such threats over them. 

54 minutes ago, LV said:

Surely they’ll just keep banning it until they make up new permanent rules. Otherwise what was the point of a temporary ban? 

I think you're giving them too much credit by implying they have a coherent plan for what they're doing. These are desperate pushes to find anyway to impede the club. 

27 minutes ago, wormy said:

I think you're giving them too much credit by implying they have a coherent plan for what they're doing. These are desperate pushes to find anyway to impede the club. 

I agree they want to impede the club but I certainly don’t think they have a coherent plan. Hence the usual tactic of kicking the can down the road, because they can do that without any outside governance. 

1 minute ago, Magpie said:

So essentially the other 13 collectively realised that by stopping our sponsorships they'd be restricting themselves too?

Expect a challenge on the fairness of the vote from 5 of the Rich 6 by the end of the day

3 minutes ago, LRD said:

What is fair value? Man Utd currently have the biggest sponsorship. If we get the same money, is it fair value?

Isn't most of their sponsorship only paid if they're successful in winning things?

Certain i read that the full 750m from Chevrolet was conditional that they won the league and champions league or finished in the top 4 for the duration?

Obviously they'll still get a stupid amount, but without a trophy to show in a few years it is probably a fair bit less.