PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Never understand how West Ham are so high up. Is it because they got gifted that stadium?

Pretty much and they also didn’t self sabotage themselves for 13 years. 

If we would have avoid the Ashley we’d be around where spurs are imo. 

17 minutes ago, Nepharite said:

Just to note that NUFC's wage to revenue ratio has risen from 71% to 95%.

That will just be a quirk from the last 6 months of the year.

We've seen a number of relatively small but important deals come through recently - the likes of Noon etc which will only really feed into this years revenue where the wage bill for last year will be distorted by the January activity, which no doubt included a number of signing on payments.

It will naturally come down as a % this year (unless we go loco in January again) and then the new revenues will kick in.

Basically would not be concerned over a single period snap shot here

I wonder why Leeds have generated more and come in above us?

It was an interesting point that Darren Eales (I think it was him) made about there being no race to sign huge new commercial  / sponsorship deals, since there was already huge potential to grow existing revenues. I guess this confirms it.

I guess it goes all the way back to when Ashley was praised in the press for the 10 year season ticket price freeze. It had me worried then, because it seemed to me that it was also committing to a 10 year ambition freeze. I wouldn't have actually minded a small increase each year, just to keep the club's spending level with inflation. Though, I didn't know how bad it would get.

17 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

That will just be a quirk from the last 6 months of the year.

We've seen a number of relatively small but important deals come through recently - the likes of Noon etc which will only really feed into this years revenue where the wage bill for last year will be distorted by the January activity, which no doubt included a number of signing on payments.

It will naturally come down as a % this year (unless we go loco in January again) and then the new revenues will kick in.

Basically would not be concerned over a single period snap shot here

Whole heartedly agree but as you say it could colour what we do this month where recruitment is concerned. Reading between the lines it looks like those new sponsorship deals are already lined up.

7 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Behind Everton and Leeds :icon_puke_l:

That’ll be changing in the near future

7 hours ago, Rich said:

…and Leicester!

Ashley. Ran us well, so the counter arguement went.

Despite Leeds and Leicester spending time in the 3rd tier during his reign, starting out well behind us, having far less PL money over his reign, having smaller fanbases and smaller stadiums they somehow are ahead of us.

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Jamie Reuben liking more Twitter material getting stuck in to folk on strike. Not surprising, but what a wanker. 

I’ve warmed loads to Mehrdad and Amanda, I’m sure they’re massive Tories too but I can’t warm to Jamie at all, looks like a smarmy twat 

Leeds and Everton have stronger commercial revenues - mainly because ours actually dropped under Ashley (cheap scuzzy deals with shite sponsors, free SD sponsorship, half-baked deals with companies he has an interest in).  Our sleeve sponsor is now higher than our main strip sponsor - we'll soar up that table next season when a new shirt manufacturer & sponsor comes in

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Leeds and Everton have stronger commercial revenues - mainly because ours actually dropped under Ashley (cheap scuzzy deals with shite sponsors, free SD sponsorship, half-baked deals with companies he has an interest in).  Our sleeve sponsor is now higher than our main strip sponsor - we'll soar up that table next season when a new shirt manufacturer & sponsor comes in

This. Those figures probably don’t take into account our new sponsorships already.

Apart from the fact he's a cunt I still can't, and never will, understand why the fat greedy bastard couldn't see how much more he could've made from the club with a modicum of effort. 

Can only assume he was filtering millions anyway and keeping the debt for tax purposes. 

Edited by Groundhog63

5 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Apart from the fact he's a cunt I still can't, and never will, understand why the fat greedy bastard couldn't see how much more he could've made from the club with a modicum of effort. 

Can only assume he was filtering millions anyway and keeping the debt for taz purposes. 

He reminds me of my old boss. Could have just put 20% more effort in and doubled his T/O but he was just a lazy f**k who couldn't be bothered. Similar to Ashley (who bought NUFC without really putting that much thought into it) he inherited the business so his heart was never really in it.

7 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

He reminds me of my old boss. Could have just put 20% more effort in and doubled his T/O but he was just a lazy f**k who couldn't be bothered. Similar to Ashley (who bought NUFC without really putting that much thought into it) he inherited the business so his heart was never really in it.

Sport Direct he built from scratch. Clearly, and I get it begrudgingly, something to be proud of*

Seems the entirity of his other business models is buy while distressed, asset strip, keep the good bits.