PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

19 hours ago, Lazarus said:

PAUK could be PIF and Ares Management.

From what I’ve read over last couple of days PIF Aquisition U.K. seems the most likely.

They’ve now got a London based operation and is this the company they will be using to make investments ?

The real question is though what difference does ‘corporate soul’ make. Does it give the U.K. arm more separation and autonomy from the state ?

Could this be used as a vehicle to rejig the deal and pass ODT ?

They don’t seem to have a problem with buying stakes in other companies so why the need to make this company a corporate soul ?

More questions than answers yet again unfortunately. The PL ODT is so vague in relation to a person with control they can basically do as they please it’s fucking ridiculous.

Edited by Whitley mag

29 minutes ago, RS said:

PIF have to come back in for us first. Only fat boy compensation, Staveley and Reubens still formally involved in my opinion. 

They will almost certainly come back in as soon as we’ve got a clear route for the deal to succeed, I don’t think that’s a major issue.

Although I do think @Whitley magvastly overestimates PIF’s desire to get this deal done. PIF were unwilling to submit the documentation requested and allow themselves to go through the test, so I doubt they’re willing to restructure their entire organisation for a minor investment.

23 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They will almost certainly come back in as soon as we’ve got a clear route for the deal to succeed, I don’t think that’s a major issue.

Although I do think @Whitley magvastly overestimates PIF’s desire to get this deal done. PIF were unwilling to submit the documentation requested and allow themselves to go through the test, so I doubt they’re willing to restructure their entire organisation for a minor investment.

Mind according to Staveley they did submit the documentation and more. The Premier League just kept kicking the can down the road. They don’t want the takeover, but haven’t got the balls to knock it back due to it possibly (legally) coming back to kick them in the balls. That’s why we’re in this legal quagmire now. 

As for this new ‘sole’ company, again nobody has a clue what it’s about, so the guessing games continue (not as much tbf as I think everyone is just so sick to fuck of it all). Is it McLaren, takeover or something totally else. Can’t wait for the Ryder/Edwards/Jacobs/Bullshit Keith update.

Edited by et tu brute

The "corporation sole" thing is a red herring and likely merely a product of the lawyer or paralegal trying to pick a characterization for something that's not a commonly encountered thing (that being a legal entity formed by royal decree under the law of Saudi Arabia). In any case, how the PIF is characterized on the corporate form of another entity would have no bearing on its actual legal status -- this would be determined under Saudi Arabian and English law, based on the facts and circumstances. It also would not change the fact that under the provisions of the PIF law KSA appoints PIF's directors. (And, obviously, it's pure speculation that PAUK has anything at all to do with the NUFC situation.)

Edited by B-more Mag

3 hours ago, B-more Mag said:

The "corporation sole" thing is a red herring and likely merely a product of the lawyer or paralegal trying to pick a characterization for something that's not a commonly encountered thing (that being a legal entity formed by royal decree under the law of Saudi Arabia). In any case, how the PIF is characterized on the corporate form of another entity would have no bearing on its actual legal status -- this would be determined under Saudi Arabian and English law, based on the facts and circumstances. It also would not change the fact that under the provisions of the PIF law KSA appoints PIF's directors. (And, obviously, it's pure speculation that PAUK has anything at all to do with the NUFC situation.)

So in layman’s terms what’s the difference between PAUK and the Abhu Dhabi United Group for example ?

Though the ADUG appears to be a private equity company is it not just a charade and basically an off shoot of their public investment fund also ?

Surely there must be a way PIF can mirror the City set up and have a fund with autonomy separate from state.

25 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

So in layman’s terms what’s the difference between PAUK and the Abhu Dhabi United Group for example ?

Though the ADUG appears to be a private equity company is it not just a charade and basically an off shoot of their public investment fund also ?

Surely there must be a way PIF can mirror the City set up and have a fund with autonomy separate from state.

Surely it's too late for that now anyway?

13 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I don't know much about ADUG, but my understanding is that it's owned (at least nominally) by Sheik Mansour, personally. And of course, he's tied up in a lot of other stuff -- including a position with a state owned investment fund -- and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there's some not particularly subtle commingling going on there. But apparently what's actually documented is that he's the owner and the ownership "buck" stops with him.

What's fucked up is that it seems like by being on the up-and-up the PIF kind of screwed itself a bit (though, maybe not, if the arbitrators determine it's not a "director" subject to the test).

35 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Surely it's too late for that now anyway?

The premier league have entrenched themselves too far now to ever let the Saudis take over. The whole thing is absolutely dead on it’s arse. We’ve been shafted but as usual, nowt will happen. We are the battered wives of English football.

1 hour ago, BennyBlanco said:

The premier league have entrenched themselves too far now to ever let the Saudis take over. The whole thing is absolutely dead on it’s arse. We’ve been shafted but as usual, nowt will happen. We are the battered wives of English football.

The exact opposite of that is the case.

The Premier League are absolutely determined not to let the Saudi takeover of NUFC happen - but they CANNOT do so.

Isn't it obvious?

Why are they doing everything they can to delay matters? That is ALL they are doing . . delay, delay, delay.

Why?

Because they have lost, and they KNOW that they have lost, so they are hoping for a miracle.

Delay, delay, delay, until the PIF walk away, that is their desired miracle. That will not happen, as PIF (and the Reubens and Staveley) are not stupid.

The Premier League are dead in the water, they know they are, they just haven't summoned up the courage to admit it yet, even to their own stupid selves. 

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Fairly convinced he’s a WUM tbh.

He’s not a WUM…you may totally disagree with his opinions (that’s your right) and you may think he is completely wrong with his assumptions but ManorPark has been around this fansite for 14 years and contributed an awful lot to this, especially his memories of times gone by………Criticise his positivity but don’t call him a WUM.

16 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

fucking demented

I don't normally respond to crap like that, but I will this time.

All you have to do is . . . . W * * T

Then you will ALL be in my camp, and I couldn't care less, I will not be saying "I told you so", all I want is what I know NUFC deserves . . the best.

In the meantime, try to curb the 'extreme' one line responses, please.

Edited by manorpark

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

The exact opposite of that is the case.

The Premier League are absolutely determined not to let the Saudi takeover of NUFC happen - but they CANNOT do so.

Isn't it obvious?

Why are they doing everything they can to delay matters? That is ALL they are doing . . delay, delay, delay.

Why?

Because they have lost, and they KNOW that they have lost, so they are hoping for a miracle.

Delay, delay, delay, until the PIF walk away, that is their desired miracle. That will not happen, as PIF (and the Reubens and Staveley) are not stupid.

The Premier League are dead in the water, they know they are, they just haven't summoned up the courage to admit it yet, even to their own stupid selves. 

:suicide:

2 hours ago, Jinky Jim said:

He’s not a WUM…you may totally disagree with his opinions (that’s your right) and you may think he is completely wrong with his assumptions but ManorPark has been around this fansite for 14 years and contributed an awful lot to this, especially his memories of times gone by………Criticise his positivity but don’t call him a WUM.

After two years of delays and very little actual news on which to base positivity, to not even acknowledge that there is a huge problem is bound to make someone look like a WUM.
As much as I hate reading the text, there are plenty of common sense points made on here to explain why this whole deal is in trouble. MP's continued line that our only enemy is time and that it will inevitably just happen makes him look like a WUM.

7 minutes ago, Robster said:

After two years of delays and very little actual news on which to base positivity, to not even acknowledge that there is a huge problem is bound to make someone look like a WUM.
As much as I hate reading the text, there are plenty of common sense points made on here to explain why this whole deal is in trouble. MP's continued line that our only enemy is time and that it will inevitably just happen makes him look like a WUM.

OK we’ll agree to disagree on what constitutes a WUM……I’m only suggesting that ManorPark may have completely differing opinions and very strong views on what he believes will inevitably happen with the takeover but imho, he doesn’t deliberately set out to wind up readers and therefore try to invite strong backlash for his posts. There are some posters who’s only aim is to antagonise…..i don’t believe ManorPark is one of them.

11 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

OK we’ll agree to disagree on what constitutes a WUM……I’m only suggesting that ManorPark may have completely differing opinions and very strong views on what he believes will inevitably happen with the takeover but imho, he doesn’t deliberately set out to wind up readers and therefore try to invite strong backlash for his posts. There are some posters who’s only aim is to antagonise…..i don’t believe ManorPark is one of them.

That's fair mate. :thup:

I actually agree with him. I don't think there is any legal way the PL can stop the deal, they know this and this is why they are stalling and stalling. Look at what that alone has done on here, people just can't be bothered anymore. That's exactly what they want, mostly of course from the buyers. But I truly believe the buyers won't back down. 

With everything we have seen about takeovers of other clubs in the PL we deserve ours, sovereign state or not. The PL do not, and I believe, cannot have the absolute final decision on a change of business. 

Edited by Scotty66

Guest HTT II

Aye MP is no WUM/Troll, he’s been on here for ages, I think his optimism is bat shit crazy right now, but you don’t have to read/respond.

23 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

And that's why I agree with MP. Going by their rules they can't reject it, because they don't have reasonable grounds, hence why they didn't and why we have taken it to legals. 

Whilst I wouldnt agree with them, going by their rules they could well, unfortunately. Because theyre their rules. If those rules and regs break uk law, then theres a case. If they dont, then those rules are for them to dictate and enforce, unfortunately. Which i wouldnt agree with. The whole thing is a complete mess and a racket. But UK law allows that many cases, unfortunately.