PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Well, technically he's right. What other option do we have other than W A I T ?

You could put a gun to your head I suppose, but there's no other white knights riding in so W A I T it is. 

Y U P

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, RS said:

It’s more Terry W A I T E now. Mentally handcuffed to a radiator for months!

And all of them are left to eat grilled cheese off the radiator.

Edited by HTT II

I had been a believer but the day Caulkin said Justin Barnes was the consortium’s source the penny dropped for me. Ashley has £17m from them, will go to court for as long as it takes (the longer it goes on the less pressure he gets from the fans, he’s trying you know…) to probably get more compensation somewhere down the road. If the Saudi’s are still interested after all that he gets £350m too, or the circus rolls on for more years.

21 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

I had been a believer but the day Caulkin said Justin Barnes was the consortium’s source the penny dropped for me. Ashley has £17m from them, will go to court for as long as it takes (the longer it goes on the less pressure he gets from the fans, he’s trying you know…) to probably get more compensation somewhere down the road. If the Saudi’s are still interested after all that he gets £350m too, or the circus rolls on for more years.

And you Sir, are on the money.

52 minutes ago, Teasy said:

No point in this club without a takeover.  Giving up on it and continuing any interest in this club is something I just can't understand.

Easier said than done for many.

By the end of this year Ashley will be sitting in Miami without a care in the world, he'll probably have one of his daughters fuck buddies running the show from London. 

This particular takeover is knackered and once he gets his compensation it wouldn't surprise me if he sells us to one of those skint Americans using borrowed money and keeps his finger in the pie with a percentage. 

7 hours ago, Teasy said:

No point in this club without a takeover.  Giving up on it and continuing any interest in this club is something I just can't understand.

Bang on. 

Trying to support NUFC in its current form is completely pointless. I cannot for the life of me understand these people who say "can't wait to be back".

What can't they wait for exactly? Watching bruceball as we scrap for 40 points as the protected big 6 that we're not allowed to compete with pull further and further away?

If the Premier league/big 6 get their way this is how it'll be for decades. The big 6 and then 14 other clubs (any clubs, they don't care who) who are just cannon fodder for the big 6. Sorry like but that's not football to me which is why I'll be completely turning my back on it all if/when it's confirmed our takeover is off.

Whilst all that is true, the pandemic has, in an odd way, worked out well for Ashley from an NUFC point of view.

Fans have had 18 months of not being able to go and going is normality for them. It’s the day out, it’s seeing family and friends in the pub and everyone is sick of sitting inside alone. So I think there’s a feeling of seeing what it would be like without their ticket and putting all feelings aside. I haven’t been since Rafa left and I won’t be rushing back any time soon but if I wake up one day and fancy watching ASM before he leaves then I probably will.

10 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I often ask that.

This is the problem with society in general these days, everyone has to be right and if you don't agree with what they think is right then you need to be ridiculed, derided, scorned and schooled. I know for a fact, for example, myself and @ManDoon (sorry to name drop you) have very different political beliefs. However I've shared this forum with him for 9 years and think he's a great bloke.

Sometimes it's OK to agree to disagree and understand that people have different views and opinions that have been shaped by a different life to yours, you don't have to see eye to eye on everything. We all share a love for (what once was) NUFC and ultimately we all want what's best for our club.

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

Bang on. 

Trying to support NUFC in its current form is completely pointless. I cannot for the life of me understand these people who say "can't wait to be back".

What can't they wait for exactly? Watching bruceball as we scrap for 40 points as the protected big 6 that we're not allowed to compete with pull further and further away?

If the Premier league/big 6 get their way this is how it'll be for decades. The big 6 and then 14 other clubs (any clubs, they don't care who) who are just cannon fodder for the big 6. Sorry like but that's not football to me which is why I'll be completely turning my back on it all if/when it's confirmed our takeover is off.

So you'll quite happily follow football as long as we're one of the big boys and not the cannon fodder?

5 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

So you'll quite happily follow football as long as we're one of the big boys and not the cannon fodder?

I doubt it would remain that way should we win the anti competition case. Surely heads would roll.

Anyone should be allowed to compete if they can. Not denied to protect a select few.

15 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

This is the problem with society in general these days, everyone has to be right and if you don't agree with what they think is right then you need to be ridiculed, derided, scorned and schooled. I know for a fact, for example, myself and @ManDoon (sorry to name drop you) have very different political beliefs. However I've shared this forum with him for 9 years and think he's a great bloke.

Sometimes it's OK to agree to disagree and understand that people have different views and opinions that have been shaped by a different life to yours, you don't have to see eye to eye on everything. We all share a love for (what once was) NUFC and ultimately we all want what's best for our club.

Yes, we are ALL supporters who love NUFC.

At least the NUFC in our heads and in our hearts, but NOT the pointless 'thing' that is there at the moment

As I'm sure you know, I am certain that we will get our NUFC back soon (better than ever - re born) I'm just not sure how soon exactly !!

7 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Yes, we are ALL supporters who love NUFC.

At least the NUFC in our heads and in our hearts, but NOT the pointless 'thing' that is there at the moment

As I'm sure you know, I am certain that we will get our NUFC back soon (better than ever - re born) I'm just not sure how soon exactly !!

I wish I had your confidence, I really do mate and if it doesn't go the way we want it to I hope that doesn't affect you too much. I'm still on the fence with it all but it's not over until its over.

I'm sure even your most vocal detractors would agree that NUFC as it is now is pointless and worthless and want Ashley gone ASAP and an NUFC to be proud of.

3 hours ago, Mattoon said:

I wish I had your confidence, I really do mate and if it doesn't go the way we want it to I hope that doesn't affect you too much. I'm still on the fence with it all but it's not over until its over.

I'm sure even your most vocal detractors would agree that NUFC as it is now is pointless and worthless and want Ashley gone ASAP and an NUFC to be proud of.

Thanks, good comments.

We will all be there together . . . ALL of us !!

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, gdm said:

IF this happens we’ll be a championship club by then anyway 

We are a championship team still, well half the team are anyway…

There’s literally nothing but misery when it comes to this club, hand on heart, do any of you think we’re going to win the lottery and get this takeover?

At this point in time it’s a stretch you’d have to say. We don’t get nice things. There’s no fairytale, well not when it comes to this club, especially with the owner, who’s been given quite an easy pass considering the absolute shite this team have served up due to his decision making. (Manager, transfer policy etc)

Honestly think it’s best now if we draw a line under the debacle and channel the anger back on the owner.

We laughed at West Ham when the fans stormed the pitch a few years back.. how can you not argue that it was effective? They are light years ahead of us now 

23 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

We laughed at West Ham when the fans stormed the pitch a few years back.. how can you not argue that it was effective? They are light years ahead of us now 

Are they? They still have the same owners, in a rented ground with a manager that none of us would have been happy if we had appointed

Edited by geordie_b

7 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Are they? They still have the same owners, in a rented ground with a manager that none of us would have been happy if we had appointed

Well yes they are....surely last week proved that