PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

53 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Is it not the rugby? Weren't representatives in Saudi not so long ago

It isn’t PIF though and they are just becoming a major sponsor not purchasing the Falcons. 

4 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

It isn’t PIF though and they are just becoming a major sponsor not purchasing the Falcons. 

There was a mixed rumour. They were interested in buying smaller shares in 4 different clubs, or buying a club outright, believed to be the Falcons. Apparently they are keen to get their hands on Kingston Park.

2 hours ago, FCB said:

PIF are buying Durham Cricket club and assisting in the purchase of another NE football club allegedly.

Please be Gateshead, please be Gateshead, please be Gateshead

34 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Please be Gateshead, please be Gateshead, please be Gateshead

They can’t buy another football club, it’s against both the FA, and Premier League rules.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

They can’t buy another football club, it’s against both the FA, and Premier League rules.

They could buy the stadium though.

55 minutes ago, Dokko said:

They could buy the stadium though.

Turn it into our temporary home. Demolish and rebuild SJP into a world class stadium. Move back in and reduce the capacity of Gateshead International for them to use as well as athletics.

28 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we can get through this season, the Burn/Trippier/Wood/Bruno window will have dropped off? Add in the extra commercial revenue and we should be in a strong position to spend well?

That'll drop off from 1st July this year won't it?

That's the start of the 24/25 season, so the 21/22 season will not be part of the same 3-year cycle. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we can get through this season, the Burn/Trippier/Wood/Bruno window will have dropped off? Add in the extra commercial revenue and we should be in a strong position to spend well?

Doesn’t quite work like that. You amortise the cost over the original contract length of up to 5 years, and I believe this can then be re profiled for longer if there is a contract extension. However, for the allowable £105m losses, this is over a rolling 3 season window.

Our position is okay, better than some, worse than lots, but we still need box clever and can’t afford to make big mistakes in the transfer market.

What’s this I keep hearing about the PSR rules will changed in our favour by next summer? I haven’t seen anything concrete anywhere. I did see an article suggesting the premier league could adjust things because they were starting to worry their ‘product’ might be effected by as teams couldn’t afford wages so players might move abroad.

38 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

What’s this I keep hearing about the PSR rules will changed in our favour by next summer? I haven’t seen anything concrete anywhere. I did see an article suggesting the premier league could adjust things because they were starting to worry their ‘product’ might be effected by as teams couldn’t afford wages so players might move abroad.

They aren’t changing in our favour, the new rules will make it even harder as owners are not able to offset anything with equity. You have a hard spending to revenue cap of 70-85% and that’s it. IF related party transaction rules remain in place then we basically need to Eddie to perform miracles every year in order to progress. 

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They aren’t changing in our favour, the new rules will make it even harder as owners are not able to offset anything with equity. You have a hard spending to revenue cap of 70-85% and that’s it. IF related party transaction rules remain in place then we basically need to Eddie to perform miracles every year in order to progress. 

So basically our upper limit is likely 4-6th. What a joke.

35 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yeah it’s a farce then isn’t it, the top six cartel have it locked down. I don’t think the club banked on hard line rule changes like this when the takeover happened. 

6 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah it’s a farce then isn’t it, the top six cartel have it locked down. I don’t think the club banked on hard line rule changes like this when the takeover happened. 

There’s only one way to allow us to compete, thats the legal route and fuck the lot of them.

52 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

So basically our upper limit is likely 4-6th. What a joke.

Yeah, if that to be honest. As I’ve pointed out previously in order to catch those more established clubs we need to better the commercial deals they strike which isn’t feasible as why would someone sponsor us when they can sponsor a Liverpool? Don’t get me wrong, we may have some successful seasons like the one where we finished fourth but sustained success will be extremely difficult. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yeah, if that to be honest. As I’ve pointed out previously in order to catch those more established clubs we need to better the commercial deals they strike which isn’t feasible as why would someone sponsor us when they can sponsor a Liverpool? Don’t get me wrong, we may have some successful seasons like the one where we finished fourth but sustained success will be extremely difficult. 

Capping spending to 5/6/7 times the revenue of the lowest revenue club will allow us to catch up. 

14 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Capping spending to 5/6/7 times the revenue of the lowest revenue club will allow us to catch up. 

The anchoring rules were going to run alongside the new PSR, not replace them.

You'd be able to spend 70/85% of turnover or 5x the lowest clubs revenue, whichever is the least, so we'd be no better off in terms of how much we could spend.

20 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Love that from the club mind.  Pure trolling the fat mess. 

"Our fans in the UK and across Europe will undoubtedly benefit from JD's extensive, and premium, high-street and online presence, where they will be able to buy the club's exciting adidas ranges alongside JD's broader premium sports apparel and footwear offering."

Founded in Northern England in 1981, JD now has more than 1,200 stores across 24 countries worldwide, as well as dedicated websites for countries in Europe, Australasia, North America and the Asia Pacific region. 

JD Global Managing Director, Michael Armstrong, added: "JD's latest football partnership with Newcastle United is a fantastic addition to our growing global football partnership portfolio. 

"As the club continues to grow on and off the pitch, we are delighted to be a part of the journey and provide our customers with unrivalled choice and access to kit. This partnership will offer a boost to our stores, and online platforms, both locally and across Europe."