PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Ben said:

I'm not a legal eagle like some on here, but does this mean we've borrowed £160 million to buy Harry Kane.

I'd rather use some of that money to pay Steve Bruce and tell him to fuck off. A waste buying Kane for Bruce.

Edited by nufcjb

44 minutes ago, Joe_F said:

Interesting that he thinks it's the middle ranking clubs who are putting pressure on Masters and blocking it rather than the 'big six'.

It will be both since we are a threat to them both. 

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Henry Winter on the takeover if anyone who is interested

That was really good. I've never seen those guys hosting before but thought they did a decent job of letting their guest speak.

Winter is just marvellous. He's always 'got it' and there aren't many better journo's about than him.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Agree with him on why don't Staveley/Reubens just buy us. Always seemed weird to me.

My feeling is that the Reubens only want it from the real estate perspective (i.e: taking the benefits of the profile/access owning NUFC affords particularly with local councils etc etc).

I don't think they actually want to run the full thing.

Why they can't buy it BUT have an underwritten agreement with PIF to come aboard later is beyond me.

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

Yep.

Still a risk with how business partners do fall out occasionally.

Guest reefatoon

It makes you wonder if PIF were actually back in or if Staveley and co were hoping to try and get them back involved if arbitration went ok. 

Maybe they are not going that route as PIF are still out. 

13 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It makes you wonder if PIF were actually back in or if Staveley and co were hoping to try and get them back involved if arbitration went ok. 

Maybe they are not going that route as PIF are still out. 

No way would Ashley be spending any money (never mind millions) on arbitration if he wasn’t certain PIF were still there

14 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

No way would Ashley be spending any money (never mind millions) on arbitration if he wasn’t certain PIF were still there

He’s spending PIF’s deposit. Will still be millions up

Just now, RS said:

He’s spending PIF’s deposit. Will still be millions up

So he’s still spending money (doesn’t matter where he got it from, if he did even get it off the consortium yet as seen nothing in any accounts so far) on a arbitration case which is not applicable because PIF are not involved anymore. Sorry nope.

Regarding the question of Staveley and the Reubens going it alone, I think AS was quoted before, or a close associate mentioned to the press that there is a solidarity between the 3 consortium members. They won’t go it alone while each of them have an interest still.

This is exactly what you’d want to see though, what would it say about the working relationship if one or two of them suddenly left for a quicker deal.

And this part is a guess but I would also imagine seeing the level of resistance they’ve faced and also seeing the level of support from Newcastle supporters, it won’t have gone unnoticed on any of them, even PIF. They’ll stay at the table until there’s literally no course of action left to take.

2 minutes ago, IMTTS said:

Genuine question: what would it take for you to believe that PIF are no longer at the table?

The person at the head of the consortium to stop saying that they are. 

Mind they might be out now, after the latest delay. Who knows. Certainly not you. 

Amanda (to MBS): OK Mo, lets say Mike wants to have a go at this.  He has a legal team that will take the question to arbitration and then he's going to launch a CAT at the same time.  If he wins one or both will you be willing to come back to the table?

MBS:  Yeah, I guess so.

Amanda (to MA):  Mike, Mo is a go!  A 100% go!

Mike Ashley: OK Mandy, commence OPERATION DARK FORCES!

Bah, are you still going on with this? Come on….. 

this has been my best summer for a few years… rarely wasted time in here. 
Accept when things are lost and over…. 
Enjoy everything else life has to offer!:cool: