Your betting (2023/24)

gdm

There's some chunky card prices about this weekend considering the referees on show.

The likes of

Maddison - 11/2 on 365

Trippier - 8/1 on Skybet

Mac Allister - 5/1 on 365

Aaronson - 5/1 on 365 

All look longer than they should be.

Maddison is constantly priced big given his tendency to argue/make needless fouls.

I’ll pair him with Adam Smith who loves a tackle and is up against Harvey Barnes.

A Smith and Maddison @ 25/1 365

On 06/10/2022 at 09:30, The Prophet said:

One for the night owls, but Bet365 now offer card odds on Brazil Serie A. There are certain teams and certain fixtures where you can rack up huge odds on cards. For example a couple of weeks ago Flamengo v Fluminense paid put 7/1 on both teams 3+ cards and 33/1 on 4+ cards. 

Ceara v Goias last night would have paid out 12/1 on both teams 3+ cards and 25/1 on Ceara 5+ cards.

Teams to keep an eye on are:

Ceara (95 yellows and 9 reds in 30 games)

Goias (87 yellows and 3 reds and 30 games)

Avai (85 yellows and 4 reds in 29 games)

Juventude (83 yellows and 8 red cards in 30 games)

Fluminense ("only" 60 yellows but 9 reds in 30 games if you're looking at red card markets elsewhere)

Generally it's all about the ref. I'd list off the good ones, but they tend to be quite explosive so their averages don't do them justice. The chap on Ceara v Goias last night for example had only given 2 cards in 3 games, but then followed with 22 cards in the following 2 games. Always keep an eye out for derbies too such as the Flam-Flum derby above. 365 generously count a red as two cards too which is helpful.

If I remember on I'll post any good looking fixtures that appear.

The ref on Fortaleza v Avai later averages over 6 cards a game and has given 8 reds in 13 games this season. I've not priced it up yet but it looks decent.

29 minutes ago, Nate said:

Tomiyasu & Tsimikas to be booked - 33/1 Bet 365

Jesus & van Dijk to be booked - 38/1 Betfair/Paddy

Michael Oliver but really like that. Some high prices for cards in this game because of Oliver but prices generous enough. 

Gabriel & Thiago @ 18/1 365