Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

Shocking from the club. 

Can't believe they're going to leave Dan locked away in a shed with no access to the outside world until his contract ends which will then and only then, allow him to communicate with others. 

If the first thing that comes up with a search is this she can't be that bad a choice https://www.lcfc.com/news/2267094/lcfc-double-at-football-business-awards-as-susan-whelan-is-named-ceo-of-the-year

Leicester City’s Susan Whelan was named CEO of the Year at the 2021 Football Business Awards in London on Thursday, as the Club celebrated a number of commendations from its industry peers.

Having been named Premier League CEO of the Year in the divisional categories earlier in the afternoon, Susan was selected the overall winner by the judges for her work in leading the Club through one of the most challenging seasons the industry has ever faced.

1 minute ago, robbo_11 said:

Is the CEO rumour about Susan Whelan coming in rubbish?

That was a name bandied about a few weeks ago, but who knows? I guess they will have several candidates to interview etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Been doing a similar role at Sporting Lisbon. 

Didn’t know, he’s probably the biggest regret of my time following this club, I watched him in the under 21 WC and he was by far the best player in the tournament, I thought we’d signed a potential superstar. He was so elegant on the ball, today I think he’d make it here in the PL, at the time, however, it was more hustle bustle. 

Guest HTT II

I do know Gary Speed looked after him and he struggled being away from home and also often being played in a few positions. Great player or talent, wrong fit, wrong club, at the time sadly. I remember fondly some of his cameos though, what a lush player on his day.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I do know Gary Speed looked after him and he struggled being away from home and also often being played in a few positions. Great player or talent, wrong fit, wrong club, at the time sadly. I remember fondly some of his cameos though, what a lush player on his day.

I was so excited for him, I heard he was the next big thing, as good as the next Ronaldinho type of signing.

Very much like Almirón, he has the ability, but it just wouldn’t work here.

17 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Fucking hated being here didn’t he?

Sure he saw it as a move that killed his career.

Wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't begrudge it either. From one of the most highly touted teenagers in football to a forgotten man in four years.

One of the biggest shames in my time as a fan as far as players not working out. 

It was going ok for him here and then he dislocated his shoulder, had to have it pinned back.. then when he was nearly back it happened again so he missed a chunk.. when he did come back he wasn’t the same and the final nail was that sort of half hearted jump to try and stop Drogba when we played Marseille, where he just sort of flattened him and ran on to score the goal that knocked us out.

He did a few good things in his time here but overall I think us wanting him to do well outweighed how he actually played for us.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wrong era. Always said he’d have been class in this day of three man midfields. He was unlucky that the PL was still mainly 4-4-2 as he wasn’t a left-winger or suited to a two man midfield. 5 years before his time.

Think he had potential as an Eriksen type, in the right system. 

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He was completely ill suited for the EPL. We should’ve signed Ronaldo instead ?

We’d have ruined him no doubt…

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wrong era. Always said he’d have been class in this day of three man midfields. He was unlucky that the PL was still mainly 4-4-2 as he wasn’t a left-winger or suited to a two man midfield. 5 years before his time.

We sometimes played him in a midfield where he was the middle man ahead of Speed with Jenas and Dyer and we looked good, but Sir Bobby was a 4-4-2 man at heart and Viana was never suited to that formation at all. 

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Fwiw I think Viana has spoke positively a few times about the club

He had and especially of Gary Speed who was like a father figure to him and our true Captain despite Shearer being the official Captain. Jenas, Bellamy and Dyer spoke similar about Speed. What a player and more so a man he was. When he was Wales’ manager I thought one day he’d end up here and be a success :(