Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

So less than 1m to buy him out of his contract according to that Duncan Castles article. Literally do it now!

He also hinted it could be up to 9 months otherwise and maybe you couldn't legally buy him out. That seems unlikely. 

Either way I think we will find a decent compromise financially and get him in soon.

1 minute ago, duo said:

Deal must be done right?

All the reports are the deal between us and Ashworth is done. We can’t announce/have him now due to his gardening leave. This is what is being negotiated between ourselves and Brighton (we give them money so he can join us without delay). 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

All the reports are the deal between us and Ashworth is done. We can’t announce/have him now due to his gardening leave. This is what is being negotiated between ourselves and Brighton (we give them money so he can join us without delay). 

Although when I got a new job I still told everyone I had a new job even though I had to work my notice.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10519025/Newcastle-plotting-Brighton-academy-manager-John-Morling.html

Newcastle are plotting another approach to Brighton, this time for their academy manager John Morling.

Newcastle have been successful in their attempts to prise technical director Dan Ashworth and defender Dan Burn away from the Seagulls.

Morling joined Brighton in 2012 and has been a central figure in their improvement and growth at academy level, the club being granted Category One status and earned himself a growing reputation for developing first-team and international-quality players.

He has helped oversee the progress of the likes of Ben White, Robert Sanchez, Steven Alzate, Jeremy Sarmiento, Aaron Connolly, Solly March and Jayson Molumby.

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10519025/Newcastle-plotting-Brighton-academy-manager-John-Morling.html

Newcastle are plotting another approach to Brighton, this time for their academy manager John Morling.

Newcastle have been successful in their attempts to prise technical director Dan Ashworth and defender Dan Burn away from the Seagulls.

Morling joined Brighton in 2012 and has been a central figure in their improvement and growth at academy level, the club being granted Category One status and earned himself a growing reputation for developing first-team and international-quality players.

He has helped oversee the progress of the likes of Ben White, Robert Sanchez, Steven Alzate, Jeremy Sarmiento, Aaron Connolly, Solly March and Jayson Molumby.

Love to see it :lol:

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

All stars!

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Seems promising as we need to do better with regards to our youth system. Who’s our current academy manager.

Just now, ToonScotman said:

Seems promising as we need to do better with regards to our youth system. Who’s our current academy manager.

I think Steve Harper has it https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/steve-harper-appointed-academy-manager/

Newcastle United are delighted to announce that Steve Harper has been appointed as the club's permanent academy manager.

Harper, who is the club's all-time longest serving player having spent 20 years as a goalkeeper at St. James' Park between 1993 and 2013, moves into the role after being appointed as interim academy manager earlier this year.

But titles get shifted all the time so not totally sure it's up to date 

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

I think Steve Harper has it https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/steve-harper-appointed-academy-manager/

Newcastle United are delighted to announce that Steve Harper has been appointed as the club's permanent academy manager.

Harper, who is the club's all-time longest serving player having spent 20 years as a goalkeeper at St. James' Park between 1993 and 2013, moves into the role after being appointed as interim academy manager earlier this year.

But titles get shifted all the time so not totally sure it's up to date 

Assume we will just find him another job to do 

31 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Yeah, not exactly an elite or even particularly impressive selection of players. 

Think Brighton have a bit of catchment area problem. They're close enough to London that a lot of the really promising kids would end up in the youth systems of the bigger teams. Obviously that may be starting to change now, but that won't become evident for another few years as kids start coming through.