Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

26 minutes ago, Stal said:

You lot will know better than I, but isn't the technical director the staff oriented version of the Director of Football who deals with players? 

Everything I’ve heard from DA since his appointment was mentioned he’s said that they’re all basically the same job but what it specifically involves and what it’s called depends on the club.

28 minutes ago, Stal said:

You lot will know better than I, but isn't the technical director the staff oriented version of the Director of Football who deals with players? 

From what I can gather from his role at Brighton, then the FA before that, Dan Ashworth likes to oversee a lot more than just player recruitment. I imagine he will want a scouting and recruitment team set up which reports to him, but will also oversee a bunch of other stuff. 

"He also redesigned the entire England setup prior to 2018, since then we have gotten to WC Semi Final and Euros Final. He is a genius of football organization and scouting. Then you give him what is essentially unlimited funds"

On 16/02/2022 at 08:20, Smal said:

All stars!

They sold White for £50m. The goalkeeper is earning rave reviews and would probably go for £25-30m.

If that's what he can turn out from a minimal spend then imagine what he could do with us.

4 hours ago, Gaztoon said:

"He also redesigned the entire England setup prior to 2018, since then we have gotten to WC Semi Final and Euros Final. He is a genius of football organization and scouting. Then you give him what is essentially unlimited funds"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking him. But "unlimited funds" isn't necessarily a good thing. He needs to not see it like that. 

The video game analogy is that games were better back in the day when hardware limitations were much more pronounced. It forced creativity, art style, etc. Now in the era of AAA games with ridiculous budgets it's all a bit shit. 

(Except Elden Ring. That's gonna be awesome.)

Edited by Cf

I'm no expert on these types of role but from what I have seen and read he looks like a brilliant appointment and far more preferable to some of the Johnny Foreigner types previously touted. His role with England shows he is respected and knowledgeable and will provide world wide connections, as will his England connections.

Again, given the short time since the takeover and the complete chaotic situation that was inherited, I think the new owners are getting it spot on with the calibre of players and personnel being brought in.

Edited by DMLeazesender

5 minutes ago, DMLeazesender said:

I'm no expert on these types of role but from what I have seen and read he looks like a brilliant appointment and far more preferable to some of the Johnny Foreigner types previously touted. His role with England shows he is respected and knowledgeable and will provide world wide connections, as will his England connections.

Again, given the short time since the takeover and the complete chaotic situation that was inherited, I think the new owners are getting it spot on with the calibre of players and personnel being brought in.

“Johnny Foreigner” why do people write this shit? :lol:

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

“Johnny Foreigner” why do people write this shit? :lol:

1 hour ago, buzz said:

E5jOwUsWUAMM1X7.jpg

“Johnny Foreigner” is a term of endearment used by Rowan Atkinson in many comedic guises, including Blackadder.

Of course Rowan Atkinson also played “Johnny English”, which I guess also sounds xenophobic to you.

Apologies if I have offended you and you find my terminology insensitive. You have made me think maybe Rowan Atkinson should be cancelled because he also done lots of socially unacceptable things playing Mr Bean. I’m pleased I have woke up to the subversive messages portrayed by Rowan Atkinson in Blackadder, Johnny English and Mr Bean. I shall pen a strong letter to the BBC.

However, getting back to football matters, if you have any comments or opinions on those aspects of my original post, which follows the threads discussion about NUFC’s Executive Appointments, I will be more than happy to have a non judgemental grown up exchange.

Aside from moving a little slower than they would have liked at some points, the new owners have barely put a foot wrong since they came in. We don't seem to be making any of the same mistakes other clubs with new money have made.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Aside from moving a little slower than they would have liked at some points, the new owners have barely put a foot wrong since they came in. We don't seem to be making any of the same mistakes other clubs with new money have made.

The only questionable things they have done are leaking the Emery interview, failing to sign another forward(but they were fucked around and I think they'll learn from that) and possibly rushing into signing Wood at that price though, even though he hasn't scored we probably would have less points without an actual striker so it's hard to point the finger really.