The "delighted Ashley has gone, but uncomfortable with Saudi ownership" thread

UncleBingo

1 minute ago, CPL said:

It's on the headlines on BBC so it's bound to promote discussion on the board about the ownership, which is what this forum is about.

So we should only be bothered if it's a headline on the BBC, right?

5 minutes ago, midds said:

Attention. Or simply shit-stirring. One or the other. 

This is a thread specifically created about the downside of Saudi ownership, and Saudi Arabia just had the biggest mass execution in their history today. Given the sanctions placed on Abramovich due to the war in Ukraine it's a massive discussion point. 

Pretty poor comment from an admin of the forum. Do better. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

This is a thread specifically created about the downside of Saudi ownership, and Saudi Arabia just had the biggest mass execution in their history today. Given the sanctions placed on Abramovich due to the war in Ukraine it's a massive discussion point. 

Are you concerned because your club might have to sever ties with Saudi Telecom? 

6 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

So we should only be bothered if it's a headline on the BBC, right?

Obviously its well documented not just from the BBC, but are we suppose to just ignore it and pretend that it won’t affect anything? Especially with what’s happened to Chelsea this year. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Almost as poor as your use of the thumbs up emoji in your post given the circumstances. 

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Almost as poor as your use of the thumbs up emoji in your post given the circumstances. 

That wasn't intended to cause offence but was a mistake so apologies for that. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Phwoar, some discussion, this.

It's absolutely worthy of discussion like. I think what has happened with Abramovich and Chelsea could set a precedent that changes football forever. 

Not entirely sure Chelsea deserve what is about to be honest. A lot more to a football club than it's owner. 

Guest reefatoon

Who were executed out of interest? Was it just random people on the street or was it the equivalent of people on death row in the USA?

Just now, reefatoon said:

Who were executed out of interest? Was it just random people on the street or was it the equivalent of people on death row in the USA?

88 crims, so aye, likely similar to the 3 the USA have killed in 2022.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I prefer wum Froggy when Man U lose to be honest. Nothing wrong with raising the Saudi issue here for debate but I’m not sure that’s what he’s after

There's no WUM attempt, but there's a curiosity in how the fans of your club view these kind of things. 

You didn't ask to be bought by Saudis, and I don't think any club deserves to be punished by the mistakes of it's owner, but with the action taken against Abramovich, where's the line? 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

88 crims, so aye, likely similar to the 3 the USA have killed in 2022.

I’m not saying it’s right, I just wanted more information on it. Just coming out and saying these people were executed without any background information just plays to a certain narrative.

5 minutes ago, triggs said:

Can't even bring up horrible Saudi crimes in the specific thread set up to allow the rest of the football board to live in dreamland now 

Totally on the same page as you with all of this Triggs, I think whether it's a fair assumption or not (hopefully unfair), people might just have reservations about the motivations of the person in bringing it up.

Edited by Kid Icarus