Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

20 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Fede isn't bad on the ball, far better than Lascelles. Probably smarter with it than Clark too. 

Agreed.  Clark loves the big boom to nobody in particular, clearing it off the pitch or passing it behind players and with not enough weight on it.  He's ok on the ball, I just think his passing is crap. 

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He does tackle though. 

We need someone in midfield to win the ball. Jonjo doesnt so that, Willock doesn't do that. Hayden is most likely set up for that. He should be there while Shelvey does the passing. Willock does mothing right now so bench him.

6 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

We need someone in midfield to win the ball. Jonjo doesnt so that, Willock doesn't do that. Hayden is most likely set up for that. He should be there while Shelvey does the passing. Willock does mothing right now so bench him.

Tend to agree. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Hayden is soft as shit man, goes down constantly and stays down.

I get that there's a running joke about Hayden going down every game, but that's partly because he's getting in the mix in the first place. He's not a particularly good footballer, but at least you know he's playing. Right now he's the closest we've got to a combative midfielder. 

3 hours ago, TRon said:

I get that there's a running joke about Hayden going down every game, but that's partly because he's getting in the mix in the first place. He's not a particularly good footballer, but at least you know he's playing. Right now he's the closest we've got to a combative midfielder. 

He gets stuck in and he is one of the best tacklers in the squad. 

But someone that chucks his weight around and plays like more of an old fashioned enforcer type. He certainly goes down and feigns injury far too easily. Seems like he is about to be stretchered off every other week. Only to make a miraculous recovery.  

We’ll struggle to win most PL games with a midfield duo of Willock and Shelvey.

It relies on opposition midfields being completely off the boil, because not many (if any) have a lack of tenacity like us.

There’s a reason most decent midfields are built on at least one good passer/flair player and the other a combative tackler.

I believe it’s the most important part of the pitch.

Hayden should be one of the first names on the teamsheet for this reason. Not because he’s the best player in the world, but the role he fulfils is essential.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

We’ll struggle to win most PL games with a midfield duo of Willock and Shelvey.

It relies on opposition midfields being completely off the boil, because not many (if any) have a lack of tenacity like us.

There’s a reason most decent midfields are built on at least one good passer/flair player and the other a combative tackler.

I believe it’s the most important part of the pitch.

Hayden should be one of the first names on the teamsheet for this reason. Not because he’s the best player in the world, but the role he fulfils is essential.

Got to play 433 or 442 with Hayden in either formation. Not a massive Hayden fan, but he is the only defensive midfielder we have currently. 

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A lot of Hayden’s tackling is due to being out of position in the first place I’ve always felt:

I agree, I think he is bang average (unfortunately like most of our squad), but he is still the only defensive midfielder we have until January anyway.

Before you post having a wee pop at EH just remember this , with Bruce we would definitely be going down, we all knew this yes? No doubt about it , we had FCB , Charnley, the Steve’s and no hope, PIF was a million to one shot , we had Keith, Wraith, Holly and Zebras .

Now , the lot of them are GONE , the lot .

We are no worse off than we expected and would have been , now would you have taken this 2 months ago, answer yes ? If it is yes then just have a think to yourself and ask are you really a NUFC fan when you post fucking shite about EH after 2 games , let that sink in .

HWTL get behind the fuckers no mater what as we could all be stuck with the cunts in the first paragraph, in the same state. O0

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Looks like this bloke brought in cupcakes for the training ground staff yesterday what with it being his birthday and all. Nice having a likeable person as the manager. 

Pretty certain I've seen Steve Bruce carry in over 100 cupcakes to training before. Don't be too harsh.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Pretty certain I've seen Steve Bruce carry in over 100 cupcakes to training before. Don't be too harsh.

Aye but he kept them all to himself, and they weren’t cup cakes, they were kebab wraps!

2 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Slightly off topic, but I got the impression that Fat Twat wanted to have the LOWEST BMI reading of all of the squad, but in now seeing Howie doing his training with the squad - it's HIM (Howie) that wants to have the HIGHEST BMI reading.

https://newcastle-online.org/logout/?csrfKey=e9153d1f677eeb5fcc5bc2e978578d62