Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

The first half of that game today we did ok, created a few good chances that we should have taken, we certainly weren`t rank. 2nd was a different story where our deficiencies were magnified, and not helped by poor/baffling changes by the gaffer. And it all ended up fucking stinking

37 minutes ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

Yeah this is the issue, I dont see how the club would still have him in 18 months if we stay up. Especially not with the current ambition the club are showing in the market.

It wasn't a great appointment but its what we have at the moment and he should be judged on the same merit of everybody else. There is improvement but I cant believe that wouldnt have happened with any manager given what was there before them. The next month will be telling and ultimately define where we will be come August and who will be at the helm.

I think he's a good appointment, he speaks well, has clear ideas and will build the club like Rafa would've (albeit with completely different philosophies).

Today aside, I think he's been massively unlucky.

Norwich - We should have won with 10 and surely would've won with 11.

Brentford - Should've won and he couldn't even be there because of Covid.

Man Utd - Should've won.

Leicester - Maddison dive took the game away from us.

Liverpool - Their first goal gets disallowed 99 times out of 100.

Today is the first time I've been disappointed with his post match comments. Claiming we played well is Bruce-esque but I get why he's done it. He has to salvage what little confidence the players have remaining.

So much rests on the Watford match but if do win it I really fancy us to survive.

He still has my full support and should we go down I'd be happy for him to remain as manager. I'm just not sure PIF will feel the same.

47 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Crowd were fully behind him today, towards the end any anger was directed towards the players. 

The crowd will stay behind him until they see him fail with his own players. Toon fans have always supported attacking football. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s easy to underestimate just how bad our squad is. Rafa (maybe the most organised manager in the world) got a tune out of them 3 years ago. 

Yep and that was when Clark, Ritchie, Dubravka and Dummett were competent and consistently available.

Time/ Injuries have sadly caught up with all 4 and left us severely depleted down the left hand side (excluding Dubravka obviously).

Bringing in some competent footballers in our weakest positions is paramount now if we're to survive. Trippier looked head and shoulders above the rest today, composed, commanding, good at the back and can make an actual pass to his intended target. More players that can execute Howe's philosophy will make a huge difference. Once we have a new spine we can judge him effectively, unfair to do so just yet given the change he's made so far.

Deserves the criticism for today, no doubt about it. Its one of the worst or most embarrassing results in our history imo. But he picked a strong enough team. That side was good enough to beat a team 4 points from the League One bottom 4. Players need to take a good fucking look at themselves because the attitude from them besides Trippier was absolutely rancid.

I feel sorry for the manager in many ways because look what he inherited.

Something went absolutely rotten at the club from the end of last season. Eddie Howe needs to identify what or who it is and cut it out before it’s too late.

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Deserves the criticism for today, no doubt about it. Its one of the worst or most embarrassing results in our history imo. But he picked a strong enough team. That side was good enough to beat a team 4 points from the League One bottom 4. Players need to take a good fucking look at themselves because the attitude from them besides Trippier was absolutely rancid.

Eh? Trippier was comfortably our best player like. No idea what you were watching.

Edit: misread…sorry.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Something went absolutely rotten at the club from the end of last season. Eddie Howe needs to identify what or who it is and cut it out before it’s too late.

It would be easier to identify the players not to cut. 

Trippier

Wilson

that's about it. Can keep Max for this season. 

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

The club has been rotting from the top ever since Ashley bought the club. We've got new owners, but it's gonna take a long time to fix and things may have to get worse before they get better. Ashley has well and truly left his mark.

10 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

Based on his start he’s taking us down

Shite comment this we were down before he came, we have all waited for January now its here.... He's improved us massively we are still lucky to be 3 points off safety and realistically could have been 1 or 2 points either side of safety if our luck was better

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Shite comment this we were down before he came, we have all waited for January now its here.... He's improved us massively we are still lucky to be 3 points off safety and realistically could have been 1 or 2 points either side of safety if our luck was better

He's a WUM, man. Ignore him.

I don’t think we’ll go down based on how shit the teams around us are doing.

Bit this window needs to be absolute carnage, ruthless in terms of shifting players out. It’s like muscle memory of being shit.. they simply can’t adjust to wanting to be better.

For me it starts with the captain, he’s been a mute ever since the backlash he got for defending Ashley a few years ago.

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I don’t think we’ll go down based on how shit the teams around us are doing.

Bit this window needs to be absolute carnage, ruthless in terms of shifting players out. It’s like muscle memory of being shit.. they simply can’t adjust to wanting to be better.

For me it starts with the captain, he’s been a mute ever since the backlash he got for defending Ashley a few years ago.

Lascelles needs stripped of captaincy for sure, he's not good enough on the pitch, not vocal enough on or off the pitch and about to be replaced.

We need huge movement this week in reality. As it is we're going to get beat by Watford and they could well then be 11 points away by the time we play Leeds. I just feel there's gunna be too much pressure and we'll crumble though.