Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

29 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Honestly I'd rather he didn't come out with this stuff. I'm not sure it's productive in the long run to be whining - even if it's true.

In two minds tbf; quite like the siege mentality thing. Not hard to conjure up why eveyone might be against us either, I certainly would be if I supported someone else.

30 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Honestly I'd rather he didn't come out with this stuff. I'm not sure it's productive in the long run to be whining - even if it's true.

Seems to have been productive enough for uber-whining cunts like Klopp and Mourinho.

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

In two minds tbf; quite like the siege mentality thing. Not hard to conjure up why eveyone might be against us either, I certainly would be if I supported someone else.

Just think it draws unwanted attention while everything he's done so far has been about quietly and confidently getting on with the job with decorum. 

27 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I hope it is worded a bit wrong. Of course no PL club wants to do us a favor. Why should they? :lol:

[emoji38] Think it might have been they didn't want "to be seen to be dealing with us" to be fair.

39 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

He certainly didn’t sound like he was whining in his press conference 

Re the comments about other clubs; it was literally put to him by Edwards (and someone else, who chirped "they see you as a threat") and he basically just agreed. He hardly said anything about it tbh. Wasn't whiny and just reiterated the general idea that we can't have the piss taken out of us fees-wise.

We're already public enemy #1 in the league. The media frenzy after the perceived timewasting and antics this week has fed into that. This just ramps it up further. I don't think a siege mentality helps when we're still 2-3 years away from having a team good enough to compete at the top. 

I think we need to be quiet and calm rather than stoking the fires with comments like that - even if it is true. We obviously had interest in Gallagher, Pulisic, Maitland-Niles on loan this week and were basically told where to go. I wouldn't even mention it.

45 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Nah. Bring it on. Let everyone know we know what the crack is. PL hate us (never wanted the takeover to happen). Big 6 hate us (lobbied the PL to prevent the takeover)

let’s throw a hand grenade into their incestious little clique.  

(even though that piece is completely sensationalised!)

I honestly think the time wasting criticism has been a PR masterstroke from Liverpool. Completely takes away how dogshit they were on the night going by their standards over the previous 3 years. 

And the sensationalist headlines/articles that have been written by our journalists won't help the stretching of Howe's comments today. Ugh. Fuck the press. 

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sewelly did you watch it? It's nothing; just guff being hyped-up by the journos. There's no siege mentality, even if anyone wanted there to be.

Aye, it doesn't come across as complaining at all when you watch it. He's just answering the question.

This Headline on Craig Hope's piece too...

"'Everyone is against us!': Eddie Howe moans that mega-rich Newcastle are facing inflated transfer price tags from their Premier League rivals because of their success since the Saudi takeover - after failing to sign James Maddison and Jack Harrison"

:knuppel2:

'haven't done us any favours' is a common enough phrase, yet it is confirmation of the threat that the snidey six now consider us to be. It's a glorious place to be,I haven't a solitary fuck to give what any outsider thinks of it

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I honestly think the time wasting criticism has been a PR masterstroke from Liverpool. Completely takes away how dogshit they were on the night going by their standards over the previous 3 years. 

And the sensationalist headlines/articles that have been written by our journalists won't help the stretching of Howe's comments today. Ugh. Fuck the press. 

True, but that's just the mentality of Liverpool fans, always badly done to. How dare another side turn up and be competitive, they have no right. 

5 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

This Headline on Craig Hope's piece too...

"'Everyone is against us!': Eddie Howe moans that mega-rich Newcastle are facing inflated transfer price tags from their Premier League rivals because of their success since the Saudi takeover - after failing to sign James Maddison and Jack Harrison"

:knuppel2:

:lol: Jesus Christ. 

2 hours ago, TBG said:

Hasn't came out and congratulated Sam. Add in that interview where he said he hasn't picked up any Geordie lingo and yes it's worrying times ahead.

:lol:

2 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

For the love of god, get some new material! 

:lol::lol:

2 hours ago, TBG said:

No.

:lol::lol::lol:

Why change what works?

Never, ever been bothered by how others see us and how popular we might be, couldn't give a fucking toss what they think. Just want my team to be as good as it possibly can be and there's not a single thing wrong with what Howe has said, we've already been on the rotten end of several decisions this season and just pushing it out there into people's subconscious is completely fair game. There's a line obviously, thinking Rafa's FACT rant for example which went too far and he got slated for it. Bringing it up in a presser is spot on, he was very dignified after the swindle on Wednesday night when he could have been forgiven for booting off big style. 

5 minutes ago, midds said:

Never, ever been bothered by how others see us and how popular we might be, couldn't give a fucking toss what they think. Just want my team to be as good as it possibly can be and there's not a single thing wrong with what Howe has said, we've already been on the rotten end of several decisions this season and just pushing it out there into people's subconscious is completely fair game.

bang on.

it’s a complete loser mentality to think otherwise. bring it the fuck on, we’re coming for them and they are shitting themselves!