Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Any chance of him updating saying he put that tweet out over an hour ago? Wondering if Howe said anything about other clubs refusing to do any transfer business with us or if it was just in relation to the match on Wednesday.

Have you not grasped the media's role on twitter yet?

My life has been immeasurably better since I stopped reading, watching and listening to British media. Total sensationalist wank or attempts at social control. Do yourselves a favour and choose ignorance like me. Bonus is that it helps with the Saudi ownership.

2 hours ago, elbee909 said:

I seem to remember Fergie making the most of a siege mentality at Man Utd as a motivating factor for his team. Go for it Eddie.

This. It worked quite well too. Look at the team he won their last title with. Psychological edge should not be underestimated 

Any fan that wants their club to be liked by other fans is, well, a fucking mackem. And let’s face it the hate is mostly online social media shite. I’ve travelled the whole of England, Scotland and Wales and the majority of other fans couldn’t care less and those that do think, Newcastle eh, big club, great away day, loyal and decent fans. Fuck the haters!

Just now, HTT II said:

Any fan that wants their club to be liked by other fans is, well, a fucking mackem. And let’s face it the hate is mostly online social media shite. I’ve travelled the whole of England, Scotland and Wales and the majority of other fans couldn’t care less and those that do think, Newcastle eh, big club, great away day, loyal and decent fans. Fuck the haters!

Yeah. I think people need to learn to take online commentary with a pinch of salt. Just the other day we had our very own Hayden stating how he wished somebody had been glassed. We all know he's not that kind of kid, but visitors from other clubs [like you all are when you go scouring for something to hate] don't know him.

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Yeah. I think people need to learn to take online commentary with a pinch of salt. Just the other day we had our very own Hayden stating how he wished somebody had been glassed. We all know he's not that kind of kid, but visitors from other clubs [like you all are when you go scouring for something to hate] don't know him.

Nah he can be a nasty one wor @HaydnNUFC, he once actually glassed me in the Bigg Market, all because I threw some acid at him. Maybe he was tripping though!

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Just think it draws unwanted attention while everything he's done so far has been about quietly and confidently getting on with the job with decorum. 

He still is tbf, those headlines don't really reflect his tone, he was very measured and calm as usual, but there was a bit of steel behind the words, and a message sent loud and clear: what other people think doesn't matter to us, we will do what we have to do.

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Whenever I say brutal stuff it's always with my tongue bursting through my cheek. Search "hope he dies" on here, similar patter has been going on for ages. People don't know we don't mean it? Pfft, if I based my opinions on people or football fans solely by online presence and quotes I'd despise everyone. Including us.

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Nah he can be a nasty one wor @HaydnNUFC, he once actually glassed me in the Bigg Market, all because I threw some acid at him. Maybe he was tripping though!

Sake :lol:

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Whenever I say brutal stuff it's always with my tongue bursting through my cheek. Search "hope he dies" on here, similar patter has been going on for ages. People don't know we don't mean it? Pfft, if I based my opinions on people or football fans solely by online presence and quotes I'd despise everyone. Including us.

Sake :lol:

That's the point I'm making. Don't judge football fans by the shite we spou about football, as it isn't reflective of who we are in real life. Our love of football is an escape from that. Don't be bringing nowt back from Narnia.

Myself personally, being the miserable old cantankerous bastard and twat I am these days, I have loads of hate in me, I can’t stand the majority of our fanbase, humanity or even myself at times. I’d happily have seen that LFC cunt glassed or doused in acid and for Klopp to get gum disease and his wig to catch alight. Some people just want to see the world crash and burn and I’m one of them, at times only mind. When NUFC win, alles klar!

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

We're already public enemy #1 in the league. The media frenzy after the perceived timewasting and antics this week has fed into that. This just ramps it up further. I don't think a siege mentality helps when we're still 2-3 years away from having a team good enough to compete at the top. 

I think we need to be quiet and calm rather than stoking the fires with comments like that - even if it is true. We obviously had interest in Gallagher, Pulisic, Maitland-Niles on loan this week and were basically told where to go. I wouldn't even mention it.

It wasn’t even that big a deal. He hardly said anything.

If anything, your reaction is stoking fires that weren’t there. I’d urge anyone to listen to the press conference themselves to see what he said. 

I [kind of] get why people are interested in what these goblins say, during the window, about things that we are unable to know. But for fuck sake, you can watch the interview yourself. You don't need the "I watched it so you don't have to" brigade when it's in fucking youtube.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Oliver Holt has admitted today in a twitter chat to no longer likes Howe because he works for the Saudis.

This is Hope's fault.

Gets a pass in here somehow just for being on previous forums and for his antics with Bruce but he's just another shit stirring hack who works for a fascist rag doing absoloutley nothing for our reputation coming out with fictitious headlines like that. 

1 minute ago, Comegetasample said:

This is Hope's fault.

Gets a pass in here somehow just for being on previous forums and for his antics with Bruce but he's just another shit stirring hack who works for a fascist rag doing absoloutley nothing for our reputation coming out with fictitious headlines like that. 

Yeah all MSM are wankers - just accept that and ignore!