Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

We’re in a bad patch, but anyone seriously questioning Howe needs their head checked. He’ll learn and adjust accordingly like he has since joining us 

I think there's plenty scrutinising him and making suggestions where he seems to be falling down but I don't think there are (m)any people wanting him gone or anything like that.

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

He’ll learn and adjust accordingly

Today would have been a good chance to demonstrate that, it was clear to everyone we needed a completely different approach for a while now. I felt today he had enough players to at least attempt that, fuck the result either way but it was more of the same.

Hope Isak, ASM and Targett start the next game.

Edited by Amir_9

14 minutes ago, 54 said:

You love a massively hyperbolic post whenever anything isnt going 100% right, it's almost charming :lol:

We’ve scored 3 goals in the league since December. It’s March. There’s no defence whatsoever for playing Callum Wilson again today. 

We ended with a stronger team than we started, which says a lot about his stubbornness to change his starting XI.

If I see Wilson and Burn in the starting XI next week we really have to wait for a red card or injury before we see a fresh approach.

28 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Huge respect for him but he’s been getting everything wrong for a while now. 

Nee surprise at all to see Pilko liking this post, like. :lol:

Seriously, man - fuck off. 

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Bollocks. As per.

That I have huge respect for him or the fact we can’t score goals to save our lives isn’t a big issue? You can see the likes of Bruno and Botman getting really frustrated with how useless we are in the final third.

Should be really disappointed with himself today, imo. 

I thought the Gordon for ASM switch was fine and worth a shot, would've preferred it to be Miggy than ASM but City are so good at home and will pin you back. 

Watching Wilson fanny about for 60 minutes getting ragdolled and missing easy chances just isn't good enough though. 1 in 14 ffs. Didn't even press very well today either. 

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We’ve scored 3 goals in the league since December. It’s March. There’s no defence whatsoever for playing Callum Wilson again today. 

Is that 'absolutely everything'? :lol:

Probably where the hyperbole bit comes in.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

That I have huge respect for him or the fact we can’t score goals to save our lives isn’t a big issue? You can see the likes of Bruno and Botman getting really frustrated with how useless we are in the final third.

The comment 'getting everything wrong for a while now'.

Absolutely ridiculous comment. 

It's not like we haven't been creating chances like. 

Ignoring today, since 31st of December we've scored 3 league goals from an xG of 11.67. We need to be working on finishing and attacking set plays.

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Eh? He's been great for us, but he's not doing a very good job atm.

Disagree tbh. We're completely failing to put chances away to an almost comical degree. The manager can't put the ball in the net for them like. There are things about the lineup I'd have changed today, both before the game and with the benefit of hindsight, but the level of negativity from the same old faces is as laughable as it is unsurprising. 

No doubt in my mind that Howe will learn from this patch of form and make adjustments accordingly.

Has to be bold next week drop the favourites. Wilson and Burn in particular cannot start. Miggy I can see the logic, but there's no way he can justify the other two. A heap of pressure on this next game now, but we also need the players who are getting these chances to actually finish them. 

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Think today will make him realise Wilson is no longer no.1 to start the next games. Almiron needs a rest. Burn has to be left out too. 

That’s nuts though, some of us have seen this for weeks. He’s Eddie Howe, we’re just little mugs on the Internet.

Showed loyalty to the 11 that have mostly got us to where we are at the minute but needs to change it up next game. Miggy, Wilson and Burn have been out of form for weeks now and look like they need a rest. 

I'm not going to be mad at certain lineup changes not being made today. It's Man City. I'm fine with us not experimenting against arguably the best team in the league.

League Cup final and today out of the way, I will admit I'll be starting to ask what exactly it will take if Howe is not experimenting to some extent next Sunday. At minimum giving Wilson a rest.

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

That’s nuts though, some of us have seen this for weeks. He’s Eddie Howe, we’re just little mugs on the Internet.

Ofcourse we have. We all have. But today, his loyalty to Wilson has cost us in some way. Isak looked more threatening.